[OPEN] 1st child due late July/August 2011

HarliRexx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got my :bfp: on 11/20 so I should be due toward the end of July. There's a few other ladies from our lucky TTC #1 thread that just got their :bfp: so I thought this would be a nice way to stay in touch and meet some new ladies that will be having their first around the same time! Hoping to see the rest of our TTC #1 friends join us here soon too!

Here I am!

So glad that we can share this experience. I'm also hoping that our other TTC ladies can join us soon!

I can't believe I missed so much in one weekend!

Did you set up your first prenatal visit yet? I'll be calling tomorrow but I probably won't go in for a couple weeks.

My DH is so excited he is ready to burst! He's asked me about 10 times already when he can tell somebody. I finally broke down and told him we can tell 1 couple that were're getting together with for dinner next week. He keeps kissing and hugging my lower belly! It's been great having a couple days where we are both in a good mood ALL day!

Are you getting any less anxious yet?

Hi guys

Just checking in on the thread :) It will be fun to keep track of our progress.

According to the internet calculators, I should be due somewhere between July 29 and Aug 1 (different calculations!)

I just got a strong BFP today so now we can get excited.

DH and I are both committed to not telling anyone until Christmas.

I will probably call the doctor's tomorrow to make an appt (I know my doctor will be excited - she delivered me 29 years ago!!)

Congrats to both of you!

According to my ovulation date, the doctor gave me a due date of July 24th. It would be July 18th, by my LMP.

I've been to the doctor once, but only for her to fill out papers for my work. As a nurse I have restrictions at work from the start. I was working permanent night shift, and now I have to work during the day, so that will be a big change. They add more and more restrictions as you get further in the pregnancy.

I will only see my obstetrician on January 18th, and I have an appointment for the nuchal translucency ultrasound on January 7th. It won't be easy to wait...

I am still quite anxious...running to the bathroom at any pinch or twinge...I guess this will get better over time.

It definitely makes me feel better to hear that so many other pregnant women on this forum continued feeling twinges and pinches for a long time after their BFP or I would be really nervous about it! I feel alot of that going on down there every day.

Haven't called my dr yet. They're always pretty hard to get ahold of anyway. We'll likely end up playing phone tag for a few days before I'm able to actually make an appt.

So are you liking your new schedule? Does it give you more time to be with your OH?

Hey pregnant girlies :)

Such a good idea to start a thread so that we can all stick together and share!

I booked an appointment to see my GP tomorrow morning. Its at the earliest time I could get. I'm going to be about 15/20 mins late into work (I havent told them cos i never go to the docs so they would have guessed) i'm going to say I over slept!!! Eeek.

I've been a bit worried thou as the last few days i've had pains on my right hand side near my ovary which I know isn't good and can be a sign of epotopic (although its lower than my ovary - so not sure what it is) hopefully its nothing bad :(

I have been soooooo sooo tired today at work. I really struggled to keep awake. Other than that i'm ok atm!

x

Hi guys

Just checking in on the thread :) It will be fun to keep track of our progress.

According to the internet calculators, I should be due somewhere between July 29 and Aug 1 (different calculations!)

I just got a strong BFP today so now we can get excited.

DH and I are both committed to not telling anyone until Christmas.

I will probably call the doctor's tomorrow to make an appt (I know my doctor will be excited - she delivered me 29 years ago!!)

So cool about the same doc delivering your baby!

I calculated mine both by the day of conception, which I am 95% positive on, and date of last period and it gives me a range of July 27-30.

So have you thought about how you are going to tell everyone? I'm going to tell my family on Christmas day. I'm planning on getting individual gifts for my parents, then giving them a joint gift to open which will be items that say "best grandma" and such. They really don't even have a clue so their reaction should be priceless!

Hi girls

I get little twinges too but otherwise no symptoms still..

Turtle - my sister was really worried about an ectopic as well because she was getting pains near her ovary in her first weeks but the doctor said the pains wouldn't be that early and if it was ectopic it would be really severe pain... But they can test for it..

I haven't really ventured into the 1st tri forum much yet..

Hope everyone has a good start to the week (it's abnormally cold here so it's a struggle getting out of bed in the morning!)

Hey pregnant girlies :)

Such a good idea to start a thread so that we can all stick together and share!

I booked an appointment to see my GP tomorrow morning. Its at the earliest time I could get. I'm going to be about 15/20 mins late into work (I havent told them cos i never go to the docs so they would have guessed) i'm going to say I over slept!!! Eeek.

I've been a bit worried thou as the last few days i've had pains on my right hand side near my ovary which I know isn't good and can be a sign of epotopic (although its lower than my ovary - so not sure what it is) hopefully its nothing bad :(

I have been soooooo sooo tired today at work. I really struggled to keep awake. Other than that i'm ok atm!

x

Awwww! Please don't panic about the pinching! I've read so much that says it's noramal and that the ovary that released the egg can continue to contract for a while! I know it's hard not to worry but you are probably fine!

I've been looking on the internet and I think the pain is coming from my pubic bone on the right hand side its def lower than my ovary. Thank you for your comments its made me feel a bit better hopefully all will be ok, I will see what doc says tomorrow! so fingers crossed.

I've calculated my due date using last period date and date (i think conception was) and both come up at 31st July. I find it weird that i'm 4weeks pregnant when i've only actually been pregnant for 2! hehe!

I am like a walking zombie today, I forgot to pick up some pregnancy vits (only taking folic acid at min) so am worried again now!!!! Will get some tomorrow from pharmacy at doctors.

It definitely makes me feel better to hear that so many other pregnant women on this forum continued feeling twinges and pinches for a long time after their BFP or I would be really nervous about it! I feel alot of that going on down there every day.

Haven't called my dr yet. They're always pretty hard to get ahold of anyway. We'll likely end up playing phone tag for a few days before I'm able to actually make an appt.

So are you liking your new schedule? Does it give you more time to be with your OH?

Not sure about the schedule yet...going in for the first day shift this wednesday. Last week, I worked during the evening which definitely did not give me more time with DH. I was leaving home at 2 pm and getting back at around 1am...On wednesday I will start at 6:30am, I guess I will see if I end up shattered by the end of the day. I'll be waking up around 5am!

Turtle, I definitely think that it would be too early for you to be feeling pain from an ectopic. At work, I usually see women around 6-8 weeks pregnant with symptoms of an ectopc pregnancy.

I called to make a doctor's appt and miraculously got in for tomorrow morning. Not really sure what all will happen at the appt but apparently here in BC, Canada they give us a little "What to expect during pregnancy" book written by local nurses and doctors so that should be interesting!

Turtle - I wanted to ask - how did that Hen night go the other night? Any of your friends suspicious?

I saw my doc today. It wasn't what I expected thou!! She didn't test me again or ask to see my tests she just took my word for it. I mentioned about the pains (they are low down groin/pelvis area) but she felt my stomach. She said if the pain gets really bad or i get bleeding they can scan me early at 8 weeks so if i get worried to go back then. She also said i was 4-5 weeks pregnant when i know i'm 4 weeks 2 days. She gave me a due date of 'about 25th July' but i think thats too early so it confused me even more than i was already!!!

I see the midwife in 2 weeks time so hopefully she will give me some info!

I feel really cluess at the min.

SMFirst - the hen night went well. I stayed sober for it (obviously) no one guessed as I went to the bar alone and told them I was drinking vodka and coke.... I danced but was sooooo tired so left early. I dont think anyone was suspicious.

Turtle, I definitely think that it would be too early for you to be feeling pain from an ectopic. At work, I usually see women around 6-8 weeks pregnant with symptoms of an ectopc pregnancy.

Thank you that makes me feel a bit better as doc didnt reassure me at all! Is the main symptom of epotopic pain or bleeding?

Thank you that makes me feel a bit better as doc didnt reassure me at all! Is the main symptom of epotopic pain or bleeding?

It would be bad lower abdominal pain, with or without bleeding, from what I've seen.

Turtle, the doc is probably just going by your LMP for the EDD. Did you tell her that you know when you ovulated? My EDD is July 24th, going by ovulation date of Oct. 30th.

I told her but she said it sounded late as most women ovulate on day 14. I said i knew cos i have a CBFM but she didnt really say anything.

I guess the midwife will tell me more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->