[OPEN] 1st child due late July/August 2011

I told her but she said it sounded late as most women ovulate on day 14. I said i knew cos i have a CBFM but she didnt really say anything.

I guess the midwife will tell me more.

I bet if we took a poll, we'd find that most women don't ovulate on CD14! What day did you ovulate? I ovulated on CD20 during my 2 cycles on the CBFM.

I had my dr appt today - They did another test there, submitted the urine for more testing and took blood. I'll be dealing with a "prenatal clinic" rather than a midwife but I guess that won't be for several weeks.

She gave me a due date of July 31, 2011 based on my last CD1..

So now I gotta keep my mind occupied with other things - lucky Christmas is coming to pass the time!

I only had one cycle since going off BC... well, can I actually even say I had a full cycle if I had my Mirena removed during my last period and I haven't had one since then because I got pregnant right away? Anyway... the one time I O since BC was on CD18.

Made my appt today. They are a little backed up because of the holiday and I can only go on Wednesdays so I won't be going in till Dec 8. I'll be 7 weeks at that point. When do they typically do your first scan?

I only had one cycle since going off BC... well, can I actually even say I had a full cycle if I had my Mirena removed during my last period and I haven't had one since then because I got pregnant right away? Anyway... the one time I O since BC was on CD18.

Made my appt today. They are a little backed up because of the holiday and I can only go on Wednesdays so I won't be going in till Dec 8. I'll be 7 weeks at that point. When do they typically do your first scan?

I think they do a first scan anywhere from 11-15 weeks.

But (at least in Canada) if you are having the nuchal translucency scan or other genetic screening scans then they scan at 11weeks, or so I was informed..

I thought I would ask you guys - have you gotten any inclinations to do any baby shopping yet?

My sister is trying to plan her nursery so I find myself looking at stuff too.
And I check out maternity clothes occassionally too, but it's hard to predict what will be needed!

Hope you are all feeling good and avoiding the winter weather!

Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I've been a little AWOL because the day shift at work is shattering me. I've been in bed at 8pm every night. So far, I am still having very bad breast soreness. I have bought 2 nursing bras because I just couldn't wear any of the bras I had. Not sure if the girls have gotten that much bigger, they're just super sensitive. I wake up feeling hungry, but queasy at the same time. No vomiting yet.

What do you have in the symptom department?

I have started looking at stuff to buy. I've actually already been buying cloth diapers since before I was pregnant to avoid spending a chunk of money at once. I have 5 so far.
I know for sure what stroller I want (https://www.uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=119).
I also have an idea for nursery decor (https://www.etsy.com/listing/62233330/new-design-animal-friends-in-woodland)

Apart from the stroller, I plan to buy a lot of stuff second-hand to save money, or borrow some stuff from friends...I'm one of the last to have a baby so there's a lot of gear around!

I will wait until January to start getting any big items because I'm so nervous. I work in an Emergency Room, so I see a lot of women having problems with their pregnancy. I logically know that all the women with healthy babies are sitting at home, enjoying their pregnancies, not coming in to ER, but it has made me so nervous that something will happen to me...it's an irrational fear that I'm trying to control. Sorry for the downer! I just have to calm down....

Harli, in Canada the first scan is the nuchal translucency scan between 11 and 13 weeks. My hospital doesn't offer it, so we will be paying $390 and having a part of it reimbursed by DH's insurance. It's not considered a standard test in Quebec, where I live. The first scan, in a normal pregnancy without complications is done at 20 weeks here!

Hey rducky

The nursery decor is cute - that's just what my sister wants to do too!
She actually found a really cute bedding set at Sears for fairly cheap:

https://www.sears.ca/product/baby-boots-md-forest-friends-4-piece-crib-set/632-000047530-38152

I have absolutely no breast tenderness and it sort-of concerns me as even my doctor mentioned that it's a common symptom.

But I don't get it with AF either so maybe it's ok..

I have moments of queasiness, and I am always tired anyway so I can't really tell if those are symptoms either..

I am totally paranoid about things going wrong but just have to wait and see.

I have an appt with the Prenatal Clinic (OB I guess) on Jan 24, so a LONG time to wait!!

Hiya :)

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I've been feeling really really tired (least u girls know how I feel). I work full time so come home and crash out!

OH asked me yesterday how I could be so tired when i'm not even showing yet!!! I tried to explain but I think I need to get a baby book for him to read!

My BB started getting sore this week (it wasn't anything much but its gettin more by the day). They arent as bad as yours sound rducky... I can wear my bras fine (I read that by 8-9 weeks will need a larger bra which i'm really pleased about as i've never been very lucky in that area if you know what i mean!!!!!)

I've been feeling a bit sick on and off but nothing major. I'm getting very bloated after eating which is strange. My trousers are so tight! and I have been really skatty the last few days!!!

Thats all my symptoms so far. The pain I was talking about has eased off which i'm relieved about. I am hoping it was joints/ligaments as apprantely the hormones make everything stretch which can cause pain.

I know it sounds silly but I just got a few more tests and am going to test again tomorrow morning just to reassure myself that i'm still pregnant! I wish they made some sort of devise that you could use daily to check.

I am worrying so much!!!!!

I have looked at stuff to buy but not actually got anything yet as i'm scared to. Its tempting as its all so cute but I will probably wait until i know if its a girl or boy. Here in uk first scan is 12 weeks on NHS so free.

Have either of you told your parents yet??

SMFirst - Have just realised from your ticker that our beans are exactly the same age!!!!!

x

SMFirst - Have just realised from your ticker that our beans are exactly the same age!!!!!

x

Oh yeah :) Cool!

We are planning to tell our parents at Christmas.

But we are going to tell my sister (also pregnant) and her husband today probably because it would be nice to talk to her about it..

Yep we are planning to tell the parents Christmas day!!! We aren't sure how yet but possibly with a grandparents card (this will be their first grandchild) My mum will get it but i think my dad may think we are jokinly calling him old!!! hehe

Can't wait thou they are going to be soooo pleased. I saw them a few hours after I did the test last weekend and it was soooo hard keeping it in!!!!

x

Both our parents know because I had to change my work schedule immediately. 3 of my closest friends know, and that's it until Christmas!

Hi everyone! I had a great time visiting with my family yesterday for the Thanksgiving holiday. I was worried we may let something slip and ruin the surprise as we are planning to tell them on Christmas also!

I have actually already bought some maternity basics. I figured I may as well get them while they are on sale then I'll have them whenever the time comes that I'll need to start wearing them. I think I mentioned on our TTC#1 thread that I'm thinking of a peter rabbit nursery theme, but other than looking at cribs online a little I haven't done much in terms of nursery planning. Like rducky I'm also planning on buying cloth diapers here and there so it won't be a big expense at once, plus they're something you can buy without having to know the gender. The big purchases I'll be waiting till I'm further along. There will be plenty of hand me downs coming our way as 2 of our closest friends just had boys and there has been an unusal amount of girls born at our church recently!

As far as symptoms go, mine are pretty much the same as they have been for a while, I think I mentioned my ms has been more frequent at night now too. I've been eating a few vanilla wafers here and there through the day which has been helping.

I've been a little paranoid too. A big part of it is just because it seems too good to be true since it happened so quickly for me. I really want to relax and enjoy being pregnant but it's just hard because I know it's still so early.

You are both really good using cloth diapers. I know I should too but no one seems to use them in UK (although my mum used them with me as a baby).

I have been feeling ok this weekend. Still tired but have had a nice restful weekend. I've been feeling a bit moody today thou I guess its hormones as i'm not normally like that. I have noticed i'm starting to need to pee a bit more this weekend (but its nothing major yet)...

I did another test yesterday (I know its silly but i like to check!!!) It was really dark which made me feel pleased.

Hope you are all well x

hiya :D congrats btw ... i shall be expecting around july 2011 too :D

Hi Nikkie - welcome :) Feel free to jump in with whatever is on your mind (and rant if you need to!)

I'll have to investigate the cloth diapers - haven't really given it much thought..

turtle - I have experienced the hormone effect on my emotions the last couple of days as well..

I'm too scared to do another test now! I'll just wait and see what comes (a long wait til I see the OB but that's ok)

Welcome nikkie19!

Well, what a difference a few days makes with symptoms! My ms doesn't seem to be as bad, probably because I've been nibbling on vanilla wafers here and there through the day. But now my breasts are swollen and nipples are VERY sore/sensitive! Plus fatigue is really setting in. I've been napping 2-3 hours every day for the past few days. Nice thing is the DH will be out of town for a couple weeks and I tend to get more sleep at night when he is away. So maybe that will help me get through the day without having to nap as much.

Have any of you had any changes with your symptoms recently? This thread has been pretty quiet for a few days. How is everyone doing?

I still have zero symptoms. It concerns me actually but trying to live life as normal and see what happens.

It's odd because both DH and I have been really keeping our excitement in check because we don't want to get too dissappointed, which means we are missing out on the fun of being excited to be parents, but then I was thinking last night, if things do go wrong and this doesn't work out, I will be just as dissappointed as I would if I were excited and worry-free.. So I should try to be more positive and excited.. I'll try :)

But it's nice to hear that others are doing well still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->