Opinions on double buggs please

amyw044

Reaction score
My LO will be 17months when baby is here :) so i defo need a double buggy. Im currently looking at either the Phil & Teds (which would have to be second hand as not in my price range!) or the Obaby double in the same style as Phil & Teds.

Which prams have you got and recommend?

:flower:

A friend has a really nice-looking double buggy for her two sons - it's a three-wheeler and I think is the Out N About Nipper double. Both boys are really happy in it, they're about 18 months apart in age (George is the youngest at 7 ish months).

we bought the phil and teds. Theres not exactly a fab choice of doubles out there, and i never really fancied the tandems before.

But my pet hate was people coming up the pram, and with the Phil and Teds(explorer), the newborn is pretty hidden at first. So that was a bonus for me. the back seat doubles as a baby bouncer if you buy the adaptors too (im easily led)

i was going to buy second hand but shopped around and got a good price from Kiddicare in Jan.

Also i wouldnt even be able to go into the shops underneath my house if i had a side. side, no way :rofl:

I think you'd need to think about your needs, where you shop, how often you need the buggy.

I will be using it every day as my oldest son will be in school. I also need to push it with one hand occasionally when holding other sons hand so the side by sides are a no no! x

NOT the obaby i had it it's awful very very heavly and much bigger then p and t . :)

ive defo seen ladies pushng the p&ts one hand, phone in the other :rofl:

I went to test loads of doubles at mothercare, there was not much choice and went for the p&t explorer, they do a price match at mothercare so if you find it cheap on the next (not auction sites) they will match that price then you can pay for it on the payment plan so it splits the cost up, Im paying about £70 a month to mothercare until pip arrives which was the pram, second seat, footmuff, raincover xxx

NOT the obaby i had it it's awful very very heavly and much bigger then p and t . :)

ah that good to know thank you, ive only seen them online so wouldnt be able to have a practise in a shop to see how heavy they r! x

Dont rule out side by side doubles for pushing 1 handed. The out and about nipper 360 is one of the lightest on the market and quite narrow for a side by side fitting through normal doors. The baby jogger city mini is incredible, had a fab fold, relcine and hood and I have not been able to find fault with it yet. (im a childminder and so have always had double pushchairs) First wheels city double is nice as you can have a carrycot on one side and a seat on the other and either seat can face front or back with independant rain covers. Jane power twin was VERY heavy to push and my worst one yet (tandem)
All my childminding friends prefer the side by side as they are much easier to push and better for the child. In the phil and teds 1 child always has to sit right by the floor, not a very nice view in my opinion!
Good luck!!!
Claire x

I went to test loads of doubles at mothercare, there was not much choice and went for the p&t explorer, they do a price match at mothercare so if you find it cheap on the next (not auction sites) they will match that price then you can pay for it on the payment plan so it splits the cost up, Im paying about £70 a month to mothercare until pip arrives which was the pram, second seat, footmuff, raincover xxx

If you dont mind me asking how much did it come to total? x

Dont rule out side by side doubles for pushing 1 handed. The out and about nipper 360 is one of the lightest on the market and quite narrow for a side by side fitting through normal doors. The baby jogger city mini is incredible, had a fab fold, relcine and hood and I have not been able to find fault with it yet. (im a childminder and so have always had double pushchairs) First wheels city double is nice as you can have a carrycot on one side and a seat on the other and either seat can face front or back with independant rain covers. Jane power twin was VERY heavy to push and my worst one yet (tandem)
All my childminding friends prefer the side by side as they are much easier to push and better for the child. In the phil and teds 1 child always has to sit right by the floor, not a very nice view in my opinion!
Good luck!!!
Claire x

im going to have a look on google now :)

here I just found this

https://www.pramcentreonline.co.uk/shop/search.php?s=10673+10672+10671+10670+10669

It doesnt include the footmuff and raincover but you could get them seperate and mothercare would price match this.

I paid £460 in total by that included the £10 admin fee, footmuff and raincover too xxx

Phil and Ted all the way...We had a fab deal from mothercare £475 for the pram, footmuff, cupholder and the 2nd seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->