Orange squash

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Is it ok to drink orange squash?? I usually have it quite weak anyhow and am thinking of making some orange squash ice lollies but as a drink is it ok? I am getting bored of water!!

I did not even check this but I have been drinking dilute juice because I really dislike water on its own. Everything is fine on my end. and on my instructions from my midwife for my scan she said drink a pint of water or juice, which i assumed was dilute juice.

Try and go for the "high juice" ones, there was a discussion on there the other day about aspimertine (excuse spelling) that is found in a lot of diet drinks and some of the "no added sugar" diluting juices.

Somebody mentioned that their own brand high juice didn't have it and I check both mine which are diffrent own brands and neither of them have it.

Agree with Tommy - was never a squash drinker but now that decaf tea is bringing on nausea I tried Juice - was shocked at how hard it was to find squash without aspartame and/or phenylalanine!!! I did give high juice a go but am back on water and occasionally fresh juice.

ekkkkkkkki drink about 25 glasses of robinsons suga free juice aday .. is it bad for you?? im fine tho no1 even told me too not drink it x

ekkkkkkkki drink about 25 glasses of robinsons suga free juice aday .. is it bad for you?? im fine tho no1 even told me too not drink it x

Check if it has aspartimine in it, that isn't good for baby?

omg it does .. i did just read up about it and says its bad because you need the calories in pregnancy and this cuts them out as its reduced suga... its not that gona harm your baby its just that you wouldnt get the amount you need plus more .. is that correct? x

Aspartame is a sweetener used as a replacement for sugar in many foods because it is about 200 times sweeter than sugar; therefore, the quantity needed is a lot less. Many people have questioned the safety of aspartame, and many studies have been performed.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that aspartame is safe for the general public. The American Dietetic Association printed a report on sweeteners in July of 1993 stating the use of aspartame during pregnancy is safe. There are two concerns that come to my mind in regard to eating foods with aspartame while pregnant. One is PKU, or phenylketonuria. This is an inborn error of metabolism, where a person cannot properly metabolize phenylalanine. I don't believe this is an issue for you because you would know by now if you suffer from this metabolic disorder. My second concern is the fact that aspartame is used in foods instead of sugar in order to cut calories. It is advised to not feed children foods with aspartame because of their high caloric needs. During pregnancy, you also have high caloric needs. Hearing that you eat a low-calorie yogurt worries me that you may be watching your caloric intake a little too closely. I just want to advise you to make sure you are getting enough calories, and that about 30 percent of them come from fat. At your stage in pregnancy, you should probably be gaining about one pound per week if you were at a good weight for your height before pregnancy.

Aspartame is made up of two amino acids: aspartic acid and phenylalanine. Amino acids make up proteins. Don't be confused, though -- aspartame is not a protein. The chemical configuration of aspartame is different from that of a protein. When aspartame is digested, it is broken down into aspartic acid, phenyalanine and methanol, substances that can actually be found in "natural" foods. For example, the same substances can be found in milk, fruits and vegetables. Actually, many of these "natural" foods have higher amounts of aspartic acid, phenylalanine and methanol because aspartame is used in such small quantities. Some of the breakdown products may cross the placenta, but studies show that the amount is insignificant, and therefore, determined to be safe.

Eating foods with aspartame is a personal choice. Some people feel it is safe because the results of studies show that to be the case. Others choose not to eat foods with aspartame because of situations in the past where the government ruled that a food additive was safe and then did some more studies and changed their minds. The final decision is yours -- if your pregnancy is going all right and you feel good with your choice, then those are the most important things.

I wont drink anything with aspartame in, but not because of the diet/calories; I believe its dangerous, and avoid it at all costs. It is banned in a lot of countries as they believe it is a carcingenic (causes cancer)
https://www.phmovement.org/en/node/157

i also stopped buying squash with aspartame in a while back after reading up on it , decided i didnt want my kids to have it .
ones we have found that are good to have are :
ribena original - not sugar free or strawberry though
tesco high juice orange and blackcurrant - these are pretty cheap too
bare all orange and apple and blackcurrant
rocks organic - bit pricey but yummy.

Ooh I'm glad I read this, I'm a huge caffine addict and pre-pregnancy only really drank coffee & coke, but I've vowed to cut out caffine completely so I've opted for blackcurrent juice insted, but just checked the ingredients and of course it has aspartame in it. Typical as I was really enjoying it :-(

Will swich to high juice asap x

I checked the ingrediants but couldn't see those things in it ... Maybe I just won't drink it anyway ...

I checked the ingrediants but couldn't see those things in it ... Maybe I just won't drink it anyway ...

Its mainly in sugar free ones so if you drinking normal it most likely wont be in there

I have had bad experiences with aspartame...I've noticed that if I have even a little bit of it, I get pretty bad headaches...I check everything before I buy it to see if it has aspartame or even Sucralose(Splenda)...they both are artificial sweeteners, and both make me sick. Aspartame also can give a person pretty bad gas and diarrhea. I dunno if it is just me who reacts to this stuff that way, but if you drink a Diet soda or something that is "sugarfree" and then experience headaches or belly aches, I'm willing to bet it is the aspartame. You would be surprised the stuff that has it in it - even those little powder packets that you put in bottled of water to make juice have aspartame in it. Crystal Lite, the tea things, and even the Kool-Aid things.

I have had bad experiences with aspartame...I've noticed that if I have even a little bit of it, I get pretty bad headaches...I check everything before I buy it to see if it has aspartame or even Sucralose(Splenda)...they both are artificial sweeteners, and both make me sick. Aspartame also can give a person pretty bad gas and diarrhea.

If this is the case for you, then I would avoid aspartame. If not, then I think you can get so caught up in what you can't have, that you end up not being able to eat or drink anything. Just go with what your body tells you on this one.

I tend to alternate between water and diluted Old Jamaica Ginger Beer when I fancy some pop. OOhh and diluted ocean spray craneberry juice, i hope thats ok I better go check the ingrediants.

Oh my god, did not even know this. Always bought sugarfree dilute because i drink so much of it and dont want to ruin my teeth. Oh well I willl have to go get some ribena. hmmmmp

since i got my BFP i have been drinking loads of orange squash!!!

but now i have really gone off it, really strange, i think i migth start on vimto or ribena! lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->