Ouch..

kateqpr

Reaction score
Does anyone else still get random pains and twinges? At least a couple of times a day i seem to get a sharp pinch or pain in my stomach. It moves around -sometimes it feels like it's were my appendix would be, then it's a sharp pinch in the upper bit of my tummy etc. It quite take my breathe away, but then seems to go after a couple of seconds.

Is this just me?

Also had doc's appointment today and had sugar in my urine, so been told to cut back on sugary foods. Boo hiss! I was just starting to enjoy eating chocolate and coffee again after months of being right off it.

I have had a few twinges just below my tummy button on my bikini line that make me wince. I think its just stretching pains, i'm seeing my m/w next week so i'm going to mention it then.

I get 'sharp' kicks from baby. Don't know if that's the same thing as yours?

Maybe it's stretching pains like others have said.

i get some aches and pains occasionally, but just stretching pains i think, not bad enough to make me worry... yet lol

I get the odd pain too - all over the place!

(re. the coffee and chocolate - I read yesterday that caffeine can contribute to the severity of stretch marks if that helps :hugs:)

i do hun, i get really bad pains!! like stabbing pains for a few secs then disapear!!

hope its nothing to worry about x

Well, I know that sometimes baby's kicks can feel like sharp pains. Not always, but sometimes. Have you felt anything yet? I saw that you are 17 weeks, that could very well be it.
Or, stretching pains. It could be either.

I get the odd twinge here and there most days. Sometimes it feels like someone has just pricked me with a needle (or more like a knitting needle!); have wondered if it's the baby kicking, but I've no idea having not experienced it before.

Nothing to worry about girls!! I get a weekly newsletter from 'babycentre' and have just copied this section for you - this is '16 weeks'....

"You're going through a bit of a growth spurt yourself. Your uterus has expanded so much that the ligaments in your abdomen are stretching to make room for it. If you feel any twinges of pain now, that's why."

HTH :hugs:

Liz
xx

I've been having these pains! Was really worried at first, got some really bad twinges in the middle of town center, which just happens to be one of the few places I can't access my hospital. Spent a good half an hour on the phone being reassured it was all normal xD
xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->