Over 30 and Fabulous!

mothers-day-Raleigh-NC.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all you Fab & 30+ Moms/Mums, mommas to be and those who celebrate/remember their Mother's on this day!
:flower:

Enjoy! :)

Just been reading everyone's journals and feel quite emotional. I cant believe how many wonderful, inspiring women I have "met" on these boards and wonder how i ever would have coped on this journey without you all. :hugs:

My friend in RL just told me she is 10 weeks pregnant and I am soooo pleased for her, but it she got pregnant on month 3 and whilst I would never wish we have been through on anyone it just reminded me how unusual this infertility thing is and how I am so proud of everyone for their strength, support and courage fighting it. It also made me realise that although I am now a mum, I still feel like like LTTCer - this journey changes you forever. My friend, who is 33, had been complaining about it taking so long - I repeat. It took her 3 months. :wacko:

SB - how are you doing? Not heard for a while. When is you EDD?

Jogu...?Cumbs?

And going in for the "anatomy scan." I've been struggling with whether to find out the sex or not. I really haven't wanted to, but DH wants to know. I think I'm just going to cave this afternoon when I go in. I am thinking it's a girl :kiss:
Anyway, I'll be back on again with an update when I get a chance. My mom is coming in to town for a bit this afternoon, too, so I might not be able to come straight back on here to tell you all of my decision/the sex.

Oh, and mrsmax, you are so right. This infertility thing changes you forever; even if you do get pregnant and have a little one eventually. I've been feeling baby move around a lot recently (DH got to feel the kicks for the first time last night!! Soooo amazing! :happydance: ), and whenever I feel that, I give thanks to baby for coming back. This whole process is so uncertain and delicate.

Right now I am trying to figure out whether I want to stick with an OB/GYN or get a midwife. We are leaving NYC next month and I'm seriously considering the midwife route, if insurance will cover it (fingers crossed).

I think we're set on a name for a girl that we like. Watch it be a boy. Ha, ha, ha!

Can't wait to see our sweet pea later! I remember somebody asked for a scan shot earlier (hakuna?). I'll see if I can load one up from today's visit later today. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm carrying twins (are you SURE, you're not?). Good Lord! I've seen this kid since there was just a black hole of a sac and then a rectangular blob with four nubs for arms and legs! Yes, there's only ONE in there! :dohh: "Well, looks like you're going to have a big baby." Fine; as long as it's healthy.

By the way, I passed the glucose test, which makes me SO happy because I was most certain I was going to fail it. Last time I took the test (when I was starting my journey on fertility treatments) I had to do the 3-hour test and was one point shy of being in the pre-diabetic category. So, phew!

Ok. This is long! I'll try and get back to you later!

:flower:

yay - cant wait to hear SB. I guess girl too :pink:

Aww so sweet MrsMax that was poignantly stated. :hugs:

Soleil, can't wait to hear the news! Hope you hang in there team yellow! :)

Did any of you do accupuncture while ttc? If so how long before bfp?

Thanks!

Soliel - yay for 20 wks. Have fun at the scan. Hope to see some pics

Regal - I think someone did. Maybe Rosa?? If I'm wrong I'm blaming baby brain lol.

Double booked myself today - supposed to go with my mum in one direction but at the same time be at a bday party 1.5hrs in the opposite direction :dohh: Stuffed up the dates. Thankfully my mum as okay and laughed at my stuff up.

Hi MsJMouse, glad your mom had understanding.

I think Aisak had it during ttc and well into her pregnancy. I'll ask in her thread too.

I'm thinking team :blue: Soleil! We had DH's Auntie insisting there was a twin on one of the scan photos! :rofl:

Hope everyone is well, penny had her injections last week :( but she got weighed & is up to 8lb 6! :happydance: She's been on a one formula bottle a night since last Saturday & we increased it from yesterday to 2 a night as it really seems to be helping her sleep. I feel bad as I love bf'ing but bottles do seem to help her colic (using Dr browns) she gets too much wind from me :nope:

Msj isn't baby brain great lol! :dohh:

x

Hey dudes!

Regal, that was me that had acupuncture. i started a couple months into ttc, so i went for two years off and on before getting my bfp. i think it helped even out my hormones - when i started my bbt chart was a mess with temps all over the place. Ultimately, i think having the d&c is what i needed to get pregnant, but the acupuncture helped with the hormone imbalance. Apparently endo, polyps and fibroids (i had all 3) are related to having too much estrogen going on (which causes inflammation). The month i got pregnant i was also strict about no gluten and no booze (other things that cause inflammation/increased estrogen apparently). Oh, and i was taking bee propolis which is supposed to fight inflammation.

i think acupuncture is worthwhile. Plenty of people experience much faster results as far as getting pregnant. Like i said, i really believe that having the polyps removed is what led to the bfp in my case.

I had acupuncture too and swear by it. I started it the month before my natural BFP (which ended in chemmical) and then started again a few months before IVF at different clinic but gave it up. then went back to my original acupuncturist during IVf for the special IVF course and got preggo. So I believe in it. I also did reflexology, a feritility diet (basically veganism with no acohol but some eggs) and hypnosis so who knows. But I will def do acupuncture when we start TTc number 2 :)

Just to add to what Aisak said: I don't have polyps, but I do have several other things related to unusually high oestrogen levels including fibroids amongst other things, so over the last few years I have tried taking steps to try and balance out my hormones, these are the main things my research threw up:

• reduce/cut out alcohol (I don't drink anyway)
  • reduce/cut out caffeine
  • weight management & exercise
  • reduce intake of red meat & dairy
  • avoid perfumes, parabens, plastics with BPA, and phthalates.
  • lots of green vegetables and pulses! Also mushrooms and red/yellow/orange foods.
  • eat organic produce as much as possible (some pesticides encourage oestrogens) and probiotics
  • eat whole grains!
Hopefully this info will be useful.:flower:

That's interesting ready - I had fibroids but didnt know why and supposedly not connected to our LTTC. However, my fertility diet was pretty much what you prescribe there and I def think it helped. Will be following it agin when ready TTc number 2. :flower:

Thanks ladies! I'm researching an accupunturist now.
I've read that estrogen is linked to fibroid growth a few years back when I looked for natural ways toavoid them returning. I stopped using items with paraben in them including PreSeed. Here in the US parabens are in everything! Until recently it hasnt been required/urged to be listed. Kinda stressful finding products without it that I like. Currently I use a deodorant that doesnt have antiperspirant or parabens due possible links to cancer. Been using it over a year but I may stop at least during the summer. Doesnt hold me in the summer like it should. More studies are surfacing that raise questions of whether antiperspirant in. deodarant is linked it the rise o.f breast cancer

RP, I had acu too. Started it just before my 2nd cycle of ivf and I truly believe it was one of the reasons it worked. One of my friends irl (also on my bnb journal, signoraL) did it for her ivf cycle and got preggo the first time. I highly recommend it, especially if you can find someone who specializes in fertility.

Soleil, you're killing us!!!!! did you find out the sex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->