Over 30 and Fabulous!

We looked at the city mini as it folds up compact. We ended up with the steel craft agile(I think steel craft is britax in the US/UK) as it suited our needs better. There are just so many different prqms on the market.

Make sure when you try them out you have a go at folding/unfolding the pram a few times and lifting the folded pram as you will be doing that a lot if you are getting it in and out of a car and some prams are heavy or really complicated to fold up.

I had a boy name and a girl name picked out for ages. I think we re going to struggle with names when we try for no. 2. My fav name for a girl is Siobhan cause I love the way it is pronounced (chev-vaughan) however it looks like it should be pronounced sio-ban so I doubt I would ever name a little girl that. I have enough trouble with people mis-pronouncing or misspelling my name and it isn't that hard.

Thanks for the feedback so far on the stroller/bassinet issue. It's good to know that the feature could take baby up to six months, although I do wonder if she'll like to lay on her back for too long (seems most babies get fussy like that). I think I've narrowed it down to three choices: the Baby Jogger City Mini, the Britax B ready and Phil & Ted's Classic. I've got a link to compare them. Any thoughts? (skip the other two that are listed): https://strollers.parenting.com/com...ride-Flyer-vs-Valco-Spark#qwhUjFoXOqSLAQ8O.14

Of course, I've got to take them for a spin in the store, but just wanted to get your opinion first. :winkwink:

Onto baby names...I find this so damn hard. I have no idea what to call her. :wacko: I was hoping her name would just come to me like a revelation. Anyway, I've decided to call it quits looking for an "L" name for now (was my preference) and am currently taking a look at "H."

:dohh:

I like the jogger and the phil and ted's one. But I've never actually seen them in person, just going by the pics...the phil/ted one looks interesting with the baby sitting on the bottom level. What's that? Isn't that where the diaper bag goes? :haha: Definitely give them a try in the store. See how they wheel around corners, see how you can manage with one hand, see how you can fold it up quickly (also with one hand possibly) and which one fits in your car or your house best. I also looked for good storage compartments. If they're both equal, go with the less expensive one!

Names are hard. I mean we've always known a boy would be Jack, but girls was not decided at all. H. Hmm...Hannah, I have a cousin with a daughter named Hensley, Haliey, Halle, Harper is HUGE right now, Heather, Hazel...lots of good ideas!

You girls know that last weekend when we checked out a few strollers at a local store, I never tried to fold it up. And yet I read how important it is to find a stroller that folds easily and quickly. I just watch DH do the folding. :dohh: I told him that our mission for this weekend is to find a stroller and a car seat. So we'll be hitting Babies 'R Us (and I'll do me some folding and holding!).

Rosa, you know I never looked at those other pictures for the Phil and Ted's one - thanks for pointing the baby on the bottom out to me. I'm thinking that's an extra feature of the stroller. If you have two babies, one can go up high and the other down low. But, yeah, I have to admit, having a baby down there, regardless of age, seems just a little too close to the ground!

MsJMouse, was there anything in particular you didn't care for when it came to the city mini? Also, as for your girl name, I would never have guessed that was how you pronounce that name! :winkwink: I was thinking "Show-bun." But I did know a girl whose name was pronounced similar to the way you said it was and she spelled her name Chevonne, or was it Shervonne? "Shuh-vaughn." Something like that. Either way, it's an uncommon name and you should try to work something out if #2 is a girl.

Hakuna, next month we're moving back to CT! We'll still probably be too far to meet up, though. We're going to be in Greenwich!

Had our 22 week appt. today and baby girl was as active as ever. They found her heart straight away and then after about a second and a half she moved, they found it, she moved again, etc. The doctor says she is very active, which is good. :cloud9: I've put on 17 pounds since I got pregnant, and here I was worrying that I wouldn't put a dang thing on. I constantly have people telling me how big I am for my stage in pregnancy and "are you sure there's just one in there?" :wacko: Doc. says I'm only a few pounds heavier than what they say to put on by this point and not to worry. I really am beginning to wonder if I'm going to have a big girl, though! :huh:

All right, have a great weekend, ladies!

:flower:

Wow Greenwich is nice! I used to teach in Westport. Couldn't afford to live in Fairfield County though :haha: We could go shopping sometime. The malls in CT are nice.

May I join? I'm 30 (still scary to think about) and seem to get better with age :haha:

Soliel - sorry for not replying sooner but I've been away with not great reception on my phone. We preferred the way our pram folded up as it had a button and pull handle to fold it rather than just the pull handle. That was probably the main reason for picking one over the other. Apart from that they were fairly similar - light weight and compact on folding (we have a small car - Honda Jazz/Fit - so it needed to not be bulky when in the boot).

Hi Seateal

Amelia had her first night in her own room last night!! She woke twice overnight but that could have also been due to the amount of sleep she's had during the day in the last week as we returned from our trip to North Qld yesterday (3500km in 8days :wacko: ). Long days of driving but she was really good and slept a lot of the drive. We visited my nan who will be 97 later this week. DH and I both agree next time we will fly. I ended up with a sinus infection/head cold and have nearly lost my voice so I was wishing we could magically teleport home on Saturday :nope: Oh well we can say we have done it and my nan was so happy to see us and meet Amelia :thumbup:

:wave: Hi ladies - I keep coming on and reading and then running out of time to post.

SB - great scan. I am so excited you are getting close to your EDD. Good idea to check folding - our quinny is great at folding and putting up, but think is more of a beach/mountain buggy rather than a city one. Mrs P has the same one so could just be us Brits ;)

MsJ - well done on seeing your nan - that was quite a trip!! And well done on putting A in her own room - we plan to do that this weekend - want to get our babydance: back on! Also, it feels like the tome is right for all three of us but it will break my heart a little. Did you do naps in there first to accustom her or just get straight to it? Truing to figure it out at the mo. Rosa - what did you do?

All good otherwise - will up date my journal but in brief, Eva cants stop rolling on to her tummy. Like we have had to learn to do her nappies from behind because she wont stay on her back long enough even for that :wacko: I have finally calmed down about her sleeping on her belly..she is trying hard to crawl, but obvisouly cant yet. She is really finding her sense of humour - but laughs at such randam things (like me wearing my hood up).... am dreading going back to work even though is still a few months away...

on a sad note, it was the anniversary of Hopeful's baby's passing a couple of days ago. I felt so sad - but according to FB she seems to be doing ok. We miss you Hopeful :love:

:kiss:

Oh, and my periods have come back even though still BF. I am now seriously thinking about TTc for number 2 (just not telling DH!!!) :rofl:

mrsmax - I had started doing naps in the cot before we went away and then while we were away A had to sleep in a port a cot so it seemed pointless to let her get used to sleeping in the cradle again so in the cot she went. I want to have her settled in her cot before I go back to work (under 7 weeks :nope:) so if she has any problems with getting used to the cot it didn't happen while I was trying to get in the swing of a work routine. Plus DTD is easier with her in her own room like you said.

Bummer for AF arriving. I dread it coming back but I also hate the not knowing when to expect it (not that I was super regular but at least I had some idea that it might arrive iykwim). :hugs:

Hope everyone is okay.

A is sick now so I have spread the germ to my entire little family as DH is also sick :dohh: Oh well it is DVD watching weather anyway. We can all snuggle on the couch together.

Mrsmax I'm exactly the same reading & running! Sorry AF has arrived, I stopped BF 2 weeks ago so I'm expecting it any time.

Yes cant believe its a year for hopeful, so sad reading her journal, made me cry :sad1: but she seems such a strong lady & I'm pleased they had a good day on Z's birthday.

MsJ how's Amelia doing in her cot? Penny's in her Moses basket in the cot for now, still sleeping through but disturbing each other a hell of a lot less! :thumbup:

x

Time really does seem to fly.

MrsPttc - A is doing okay in her cot, two nights she slept thru, two nights she has woken during the night but I think the fact she is sick isn't helping her sleep. She is so snotty that sometimes she is having trouble feeding as she can't breathe well thru her nose. So she just pulls away and cries which makes me want to cry too. How is Penny going with the cot?

How is everyone else going?

The pic is of Amelia. This is how I have been finding her in her cot in the mornings. Somehow she is managing to wiggle round 90degrees to how we put her down despite still not rolling :dohh:

Attachments

• IMG_20130613_072056.jpg
    IMG_20130613_072056.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Amelia is a wiggler huh? Ani has done that too. She also scoots to the top of her crib so that her head is right up against the wood. I always pull her back down. I figure it can't be comfortable!

Ahh that pic is so cute! Tell you what my friend is doing which works. She rolls up cellular blankets & puts them to her side & one above her head so she feels like she's still in a smaller place. Her baby is only 10 weeks though so I imagine when they're bigger & can move more then they'll cotton on that its just a blanket :haha: Though at night in the dark she might not realise? Sorry to hear A is unwell. Penny's still in her Moses basket in the cot & doing great, still sleeping through :happydance: Think we'll put her in cot next weekend x

Such a cute piccie!!!! E does that too and then kicks on the side of the cot to wake us up! She has been in her cot for a couple of month now, but we are going to move the cot out of our room into her own room. I know it will be good for us as DTD is not comfortable with her in the room and she is 5 months so it is time.

MrsP - that is a cute idea teh basket in the cot :)

Mrsmax, yes we did one nap a day for a little while in the crib before moving jack. He had no issues with it. It was just before 3 months.

Ladies, a friend of mine just told me she's pregnant with #2. She got pregnant easily with both. I love her so why is it so hard for me to be happy?? I don't wish what I went through on anyone...and yet it's so hard for me to get excited. Sigh.

Rosa - snap!! I feel rotten when I get those feelings especially now I am so blessed to have little E. I (hope) it is fairly normal....I think I posted about one of my BF in Rl who started TTC in Dec and started complaining to me in Dec that "she didnt realise it was so hard" - after ONE MONTH of failed TTC. Lots of complaints later and she conceived on month 3. She now tells everyone how people dont realise how hard TTC is and how obsessed you get etc etc. I just smile and nod when she says this meanwhile thinking "you know nothing about it!!!!" I love her to bits and so happy for her and am now enjoying seeing her through her pregnancy but there are moments when I think how unfair life is. I dont think it makes us bad people :hugs:

I agree, even now feel a bit bitter that some people fall preggo easily or by accident! My bro in laws girlfriend is due in Oct, their relationship was very rocky & they had an oopsie! She's got pcos too & hardly gets periods so was pretty lucky even though it wasn't planned. I'm really happy for them of course & means penny's got a cousin :)

Have any of you decided when you'd like to TTC #2? I know some of you had IVF, but no guarantee you'll need that next time as pregnancy seems to have a funny effect on fertility :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->