Over 30 and Fabulous!

Thanks Rosa!

Glad you all had positive experiences. I'm going for it! :)

Also, I too am eagerly waiting to see which team Soleil is on. :happydance:

Just to add to what Aisak said: I don't have polyps, but I do have several other things related to unusually high oestrogen levels including fibroids amongst other things, so over the last few years I have tried taking steps to try and balance out my hormones, these are the main things my research threw up:

• reduce/cut out alcohol (I don't drink anyway)
  • reduce/cut out caffeine
  • weight management & exercise
  • reduce intake of red meat & dairy
  • avoid perfumes, parabens, plastics with BPA, and phthalates.
  • lots of green vegetables and pulses! Also mushrooms and red/yellow/orange foods.
  • eat organic produce as much as possible (some pesticides encourage oestrogens) and probiotics
  • eat whole grains!
Hopefully this info will be useful.:flower:

These sound like good suggestions for anyone! (says the person who ate :icecream: twice yesterday :blush:) :haha:

Sorry, girls. Mom is still in town and this is my first afternoon free to catch up on emails and everything else. (Dissertation work? What is that?). :dohh:

So anyway, noooo - we did not stay team yellow. We are team :pink: Yeahhhh!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!! And even though DH said he had a slight preference for a boy because he thought he could do more things with him, when the technician said she was 98% sure it was a girl, his grin almost leapt off his face. :cloud9: His new line is, "So how's my girls?"

She weighed 12 oz, which is great for 20 weeks and her due date remains Oct. 4th. Here is her portrait :D

Attachments

• Soleil's Baby Girl.png
    Soleil's Baby Girl.png
    311 KB · Views: 2
I also agree that the dietary suggestions that Regalpeas suggested are good ones to follow anyway AND, as for acupuncture, here's my two cents. I did acupuncture for all of 2011. Twelve solid months. It had no effect that I could tell, other than relaxing me and perhaps cleaning up my skin/balancing my hormones. I say "perhaps" just because, given enough time, I don't know whether that was bound to happen anyway.

However, I started acupuncture up again last summer (different practitioner) and I see her once a week still. I am not sure whether or not she helped us get pregnant. Her style is very old-school - you will feel the needles and pressure radiating from the points where inserts, my first acupuncturist was nothing like this. You didn't feel a thing. Like I said, I'm not sure whether it helped or not. My ovulation was still all over the place. This time around, for example, I got pregnant after O'ing on CD 21. Sometimes it would be 19. So who knows? :shrug: I just love it for relaxation purposes and so I keep going.

Try it out. :flower:

Yay congrats on team pink Soleil! Your photo is very cute, she looks a lot like penny on her extra 25 week scan! X

Congrats Soleil! :happydance: Team Pink is strong within this thread! :)
2 or 3 boys and the rest girls! Beautiful clear scan!

Also I agree the tips Ready gave are awesome

Accupuncture cleaned up your skin? Wow that alone is a reason for me togo lol Ive been under the care of a derm for at least half at year so far.

Yes, :pink: is a popular one on this thread - lots of potential girlfriends for Jack ;)

RP - I had a sudden good feeling for you that you will get your BFP in 2013 :kiss: It def seems things are progressing with SA etc xx

yay for team pink, SB!! :happydance:
TONS of gf's for Jack. :haha: Almost all of my friends irl have girls too. He'll probably grow up playing with barbies. :rofl:

Woop you're a banana! The funniest of the fruits :haha: Oh I do miss being pregnant!

Regal we're all routing for you so bad! :thumbup:

X

MrsMax You do?I feel very encouraged. I want this to be the year. I believe it is too! :) Thanks so much
MrsP thanks! I really do appreciate the support. It helps me not to give up. :)

Lol @Rosa they'll make him play with all the Ken dolls.

RP - yep. I dont know where it came from, but here's hoping it is right :)

Summer has finally arrived in the UK :happydance:

Hi Ladies I have a question.

Do you frequent/post on other fertility/parenting boards or is BNB your one and only true love?:haha:

If so do you mind sharing, which ones?

Me- BNB has been my one and only true love since I found she almost 3 years ago.

Recently, I've been browsing Natural Pregnancy Info which is more of an info site but they do have a community board I believe.

Hello, ladies. I do like me some bananas - so yay to baby to getting here! :kiss:

As for other boards/sites. I've only got time for this one! At least in terms of postings. I'm all over the internet when it comes to trying to find information. For instance, I picked up a really nasty head cold in the past week and my nasal congestion is so severe that my taste buds no longer function. So I've been looking up non-toxic remedies. E.g. eucalyptus oil drops in boiling water (breathe in the steam), etc.

Went stroller "window shopping" on the weekend. Living in NYC means you have a zillion choices. Well, not that many, but it sure seems like a lot! Having a reversible (rear and forward facing) stroller is very important to me. But I wonder how important it is to have a bassinet feature? Baby will be born in early October and will start getting chilly in the northeast by the end of that month. I'm wondering how much use I'll get out of a bassinet. What are your thoughts on strollers? I'm really looking for one that will take her from newborn to toddlerhood.

Rosa - love Jack's updated photo! He looks like such a little person already! no longer baby looking! But an actual little boy.

:flower:

I'm the same as SB, only BnB but I do browse the Internet a lot & read other forum threads if they come up in google. I don't really browse BnB any more though, just the threads I've got friends on, I should really have a look in baby club I might get some tips lol.

Soleil the bassinet/carrycot ones are very popular in the uk. I would say you'd be better off with one with you having winters similar but prob even colder than uk. Penny's really snug in hers, though its spring here now so I don't bother putting the cover on much, just a blanket, but when she was first born she was in pramsuit, had blanket then cover on top. It kept her really warm. And she should fit in it til she's 6 months. Also goes to sleep in it really well & when I come in the house if she's still asleep I just take the carrycot off rather than disturb her by taking her out.

X

I only post on BnB. Will read threads from other forums if they appear in a Google search. At the moment I struggle to read/reply to most of the threads I am subscribed to on BnB as I only have time to look on my phone when A is feeding and that is taking a lot.less time these days.

It doesn't get cold enough here for a bassinet attachment on a pram. Our biggest concern when buying a pram was making sure it would fit the boot of DH's car as he drives a Honda Jazz (small car). Plus I wanted a pram that was light and easy to open/close and would do from newborn till toddler. A hated the pram till she was able to sit up and look around. Our pram lies mostly flat for newborns - she hated that when she was awake. Now she has good head control she loves sitting up like a big girl.

Hi Ladies I have a question.

Do you frequent/post on other fertility/parenting boards or is BNB your one and only true love?:haha:

If so do you mind sharing, which ones?

Me- BNB has been my one and only true love since I found she almost 3 years ago.

Recently, I've been browsing Natural Pregnancy Info which is more of an info site but they do have a community board I believe.

I currently only post here. A long time ago I signed up for the forums on thebump.com and the What to Expect website. Might've posted twice and haven't been back.

I've posted here a few times :haha:

Thanks for the feedback so far on the stroller/bassinet issue. It's good to know that the feature could take baby up to six months, although I do wonder if she'll like to lay on her back for too long (seems most babies get fussy like that). I think I've narrowed it down to three choices: the Baby Jogger City Mini, the Britax B ready and Phil & Ted's Classic. I've got a link to compare them. Any thoughts? (skip the other two that are listed): https://strollers.parenting.com/com...ride-Flyer-vs-Valco-Spark#qwhUjFoXOqSLAQ8O.14

Of course, I've got to take them for a spin in the store, but just wanted to get your opinion first. :winkwink:

Onto baby names...I find this so damn hard. I have no idea what to call her. :wacko: I was hoping her name would just come to me like a revelation. Anyway, I've decided to call it quits looking for an "L" name for now (was my preference) and am currently taking a look at "H."

:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"