Over 30 and Fabulous!

MrsP, dh and I have kind of talked about trying ivf again next summer. :shrug: Sometimes I'm anxious to have another and other days it's so overwhelming to think about doing this all again. Not just the ivf, but the pregnancy and the newborn stage...it was all exhausting!

Funny you should ask MrsP. So I;ve been joking on here about being ready to TTC number 2 but assumed DH wouldnt be. However, he was saying to Eva the other day that she needs to move in her room so she can get a new brother or sister and he said to me that we can start TTc as soon as E moves out!!! :happydance: My periods came back this month and E is moving into the nursery on Friday so I guess that means we officially start TTc number 2 this month :wacko: :happydance: Neither of us believe truely that we will get preggo naturally but want to give it a go. We will try until Jan 2015 and then look at IVF again (so when E turns 2). I will be 37 in Oct this year and 38 in Jan 2015 so we cant leave it too long.

It will take us that long to save for more IVF anyways. I guess if I could pick 9and we know we cant pick) I would fall in Oct/Nov this year.....

I think we are ready not just cause I am a bit older so we dont have time on our side (and my AM score was VERY low), but E has been a very easy baby and has slept through from 2-3 months. I bet number 2 (if we are lucky enough to have one) will be a shocker!! :dhuh:

What about you MrsP?

Eeek mrsmax so exciting!! :happydance: You might as well TTC naturally whilst you save for IVF, you've got nothing to lose! You never know, like I said pregnancy can change fertility...

Rosa will you TTC naturally before IVF? I forget why you needed IVF in the first place? Is natural possible? Mrsmax was your reason due to egg reserve?

AFM, I'm fertile at the minute, got EWCM yesterday & jokingly text DH to say I'm ovulating if you fancy another one! :haha: I loved being pregnant so much that I can't wait to have another one, it could take another 2 years, or it could happen sooner who knows. Think we'll TTC at some point between Penny's first birthday & next autumn. We wouldn't mind going on holiday next sept so I'm thinking then, another nice holiday with a few drinkies then full steam ahead, but DH suggested once Penny is 1... We'll see, it's a bit of a gamble, if we wait it might take ages again, if we don't then it could be hard work with 2 under 2!! :wacko: Ideally I think 2.5-3 years is just nice. There's 7 years between me & both my brothers which is far too long & means they've got a 14 year age gap!

x

Wow I think you guys are brave ttc#2 already. So not ready here. Apart from AF still being MIA, I can't imagine having a second yet. We will be waiting until after Amelia is 1. Part of this is due to finances - I want to be able to afford to take time off. The other part is I didn't enjoy pregnancy even though I didn't have a horrible pregnancy so not in a hurry to go there again just yet. My work will pay mat leave for part-timers after 1.5yrs work so I can't really afford to go on mat leave until I have been back at work for 1.5 years so chances are we won't be trying till Amelia is 1.5yrs old just to cover that. Fx'd it doesn't take too long after that but need to be able to afford the mortgage :wacko:

Oh no msj I'll be waiting til at least next march possibly later, was just joking to DH! :haha: x

I think if it wasnt for my age and the fact that IVF is soooo expensive we would wait until winter. However, if we can get pregnant naturally we will be saving ourselves around £8000 so want to give ourselves maximum opportunity!! We could get preggo natuarlly as I had one natural BFP (chemical) and we are unexplained (but with low AMH) I guess it is possible but not likely....

I can understand that - £8000 is so much money. Fx'd you get your natural sticky BFP this time round.

First attempt at solids this morning. Some super funny faces as she wasn't sure about the food in her mouth LOL. We tried roasted sweet potato puree.

msj, we also tried sweet potato puree with jack at first...hated it. still doesn't really care for sweet potatoes...i'm like they're freaking delicious! :haha:

Rosa will you TTC naturally before IVF? I forget why you needed IVF in the first place? Is natural possible? Mrsmax was your reason due to egg reserve?

x

probably. Although we don't really have enough sex anymore to get preggo naturally. :blush: My tubes are damaged, which is why we had to do ivf. doc said it wasn't impossible, but very unlikely and if we ever got preggo naturally to call him immediately because we have a very high chance of it being ectopic. Which obviously freaks me out...

Hmm difficult one then Rosa... Do you have to pay for more IVF all yourselves? Of course I remember now, I thought it was something physical.

MsJ I hate sweet potato so I'm with Amelia on that one :winkwink:

x

No, we still have at least one or two rounds left paid for by insurance. :thumbup: we will likely use them and if we don't succeed just be done.

That is a nice limit Rosa - twice and then be done. I know I def dont want to spend Eva's formative years stressing about TTC and IVF. I feel blessed and complete to have her in our lives, another one would be a wonderful bonus but I wont ever feel as empty with her in our lives as I did when we were TTc number 1.

Moved E into her own room yesterday - went fine, although I woke up every couple of hours to check on her. She seems less concerned than me :kiss:

That's great news rosa :thumbup:

Mrsmax excellent that Eva was ok in her own room! Penny going in her big girls cot tomorrow night :(

x

MrsP - how did it go with the cot? I bet it was ok esp as you have been doing the moses basket in it first.

Meeting my friend in RL today who had lots of failed IVF's a successful one and then a premmie. It is going to be wonderful to see her and her lil miracle :kiss:

Ha well she's still in Moses basket! She was unsettled on sat night when we took basket hood down & took the top cot changer off & moved the basket down so we decided to give her a few more days with it like that :)

Well my sex drive which I haven't had for a number of years has come back with a BANG! So happy! :happydance: Anyone else find this? I've had soo much EWCM too, sorry for TMI but when I wiped the other day it literally hung down my leg pmsl! :rofl:

How way meeting your friend and her LO?

x

All you ladies talking about number 2 :wacko:

My DH talks about having another, but I think I'm going to shut up shop on that one! The trying to get pregnant, the trying to stay pregnant and then labour is all too much for me, plus after almost 7 months of not a lot of sleep I just don't think I can't do it again - mentally or physically :nope: plus I'm soooo obsessed and in love with my boy, I don't know how I could have another one in case I didn't feel the same

Ahh pink is he giving you a hard time? How often is he up during the night? Not looking forward to the TTC part & the disappointment but I had such a great pregnancy & even labour I'm looking forward to being pregnant again :) I know where you're coming from on the love/favourites thing though, but it would worry me more if the 2nd was the same sex...

I've had a horrendous day, in fact not a great week with Penny. I was at the end of my tether this afternoon & ended up crying. She's just been crying loads, whining, even screeching, she's got a right temper on her! As you all know its just so draining. As heartbreaking as the colic screams were at least I knew what the problem was, the only thing I can think of now is teething, though no other signs except hands in mouth all the time :shrug: x

:wave: Pink - great to here from you. I cant believe you LO is 6 months. Time flies!! Sorry he isnt sleeping through yet - that must be very hard. I unerstand not wanting another one - it wa pretty trumatic and we are ll so blessed to have our little ones :0 As for loving second one as much - E has taught me just how much love you can fit. I never thought I could love someone as much as my DH, but boy how I do :kiss:

MrsP - sorry you going through a rough patch. They definitely do tht dont they. E has been leeping through for months, but lat weke had four days where she was up every hour from 3.30. Then she suddenly when back to her old habit an dis sleeping thorugh again. I dont know why - maybe as she reaches milestones - she has started to crawl (well, more like shuffle) in the last couple of days so I am expecting more hard nights ahead!!

It was great seeing my friend and her LO - although wow, she has been through a lot! Her boy was soooo cute - he is three months but look like a healthy newborn. It also made me realise how big E is and how far she has come in growth and develpment - I cant imagine what it was like now before she smiled.

DH is off to a music festivl tonight for the weekend o it i me and my mum looking after E this weekend. looking forward to some nice girlly time :)

SB - how you doing? Havent heard from you in a while....and Astrik - how is Esther?

Still rooting for you RP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->