Ovulation after STOPPING the pill?

Pink Lace

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone else stopped their birth control pill? (As of Sunday) Just wondering, kind of nervous about it too! I am very unsure of when I would be ovulating again (or if)---I haven't had a "real" period for about 15 or so years! I've been on the pill so long. I finished my period last Friday, if that is any help :) Thanks for any help, I'm just so curious and I know every one is different too....so I understand if it's a confusing question, ha ha. THANK YOU, I'm a new member and have enjoyed reading the posts so far!

Well, yes everyone is different but I can share my story. :) I stopped my BC last month and I'm PRETTY sure that I actually ovulated during this past month! I'm not 100% sure because I only just started charting my BBT, so I don't have any previous record to go with. But my CM would suggest that I did infact ovulate and I also had ovulation pains. I suppose that it could just be my body re-adjusting to be off the BC, but I'm feeling hopeful!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

It can take a while or you could be lucky to get a true period and ovulate straight away.
Last time i stopped the pill i didnt have a period for 150+ days after but i had been on it for 7-8 years where as this time i stopped it and had my 1st natural period 36 days later, not sure if i ovulated though so decided to chart my cycles from now to see if i am.

x

Pink Lace, I dont know if this forum enables it, but I would like you and I to be on a friends list or something. We seem to have quite similar stories, I too just stopped my pill, last pill was last tuesday, due to start again tonight and I am not!! I am so excited, how silly is that!

Well, I havent a clue what to expect over this next month. Ideally I will ovulate, have a period and continue to do that forever lol! However, I know that in reality that might not happen. DF and I will use protection for the first month (or however long it takes) until I do get my first real period and then we will NTNP.

I will of course try to be aware of when I am O and try to BD around that time, but I won't be telling DF when we have to do it or getting angry if we dont - but as I say, that is until we are trying for months and months and nothing is happening, then I might have to be more forceful lol.

I have been on different pills, but without a break, for around 14 years, so it is exciting too.

Good Luck!!!

Count me in your little group guys. I had my last pill on Saturday night and nothing has happend yet. I haven't had an af whilst on this pill (5 years) so I have no ideas when to expect mine at all. But I can't wait!!

We are kinda ntnp but like you Joey we will use something else around O time until things settle down.

Good luck to you both hope things get back to normal quite quickly for you x x

Pink Lace, I dont know if this forum enables it, but I would like you and I to be on a friends list or something. We seem to have quite similar stories, I too just stopped my pill, last pill was last tuesday, due to start again tonight and I am not!! I am so excited, how silly is that!

Well, I havent a clue what to expect over this next month. Ideally I will ovulate, have a period and continue to do that forever lol! However, I know that in reality that might not happen. DF and I will use protection for the first month (or however long it takes) until I do get my first real period and then we will NTNP.

I will of course try to be aware of when I am O and try to BD around that time, but I won't be telling DF when we have to do it or getting angry if we dont - but as I say, that is until we are trying for months and months and nothing is happening, then I might have to be more forceful lol.

I have been on different pills, but without a break, for around 14 years, so it is exciting too.

Good Luck!!!
Hey there! I've just accepted your Friend Request, yay! It's so nice to meet others who are going through the same thing! I know, ideally, I would love to just get off the pill and go "back to normal", whatever that is; it's been years since I was normal. (Oooh that doesn't sound too good, ha ha) But you know what I mean, right? No, you have every right to be excited; I was on Sunday when I was supposed to start my new pill pack and didn't. I kind of feel like "Oh no, what did I do", but I truly am ready for the next phase of my life, you know? Whatever happens happens, and think positive. My boyfriend and I are not using any protection, he is very ready for anything, as well. Guess we will see what happens, I just WISH I knew if I would go right back to actually ovulating and have a 'real' period in the coming weeks, but as others have said, it's so hard to say. Wish that wasn't true.....
it's good being friends with you here Joey, I look forward to staying in touch!!!! Take care and congratulations on being pill-free tonight! :happydance:

hey ladies, just letting you know i stopped my pill about a month ago my period came 29 or 30 days later not sure which since i may have been off by a day but i can tell its back to normal, a little heavier then when i was on the pill so i kno its a real one, so your body can fix itself quick i just hope i ov this month

hey ladies, just letting you know i stopped my pill about a month ago my period came 29 or 30 days later not sure which since i may have been off by a day but i can tell its back to normal, a little heavier then when i was on the pill so i kno its a real one, so your body can fix itself quick i just hope i ov this month

Thanks for the info Alli, and good luck on the OV this month!!

I stopped taking the pill after 9 years of continuously taking it. (I took it not just as contraception, but to deal with heavy, painful periods as well). We NTNP for the first month, and planned to TTC after my first period post-pill, but it never came! I fell pregnant right away!
I've heard differing results regarding this. Some women don't ov right away, others do. I've also heard that you're more likely to conceive twins if you ov the first month after stopping the pill, because your body has a hormone surge, and sometimes releases 2 eggs.

Hello, I'd love to join your friends group too! I stopped my bcp around 23 may and ntnp at the mo. Af on a 28 day cycle would have come Monday this week but so far nothing. Tested this morning and bfn. We have only just got married and had agreed to ttc after our official honeymoon in September but I'm already anxious and think about it all the time!! Must be the body clock!!

Look forward to our journeys together!! Fingers crossed none of us wait too long for our bfps!! Xxx

Hello, I'd love to join your friends group too! I stopped my bcp around 23 may and ntnp at the mo. Af on a 28 day cycle would have come Monday this week but so far nothing. Tested this morning and bfn. We have only just got married and had agreed to ttc after our official honeymoon in September but I'm already anxious and think about it all the time!! Must be the body clock!!

Look forward to our journeys together!! Fingers crossed none of us wait too long for our bfps!! Xxx

Hey girls! I'd love to join your group! I decided in December to finish my bcp that month and not start taking it again. I got my period within a reasonable amount of time and now I range from 31-35 days with my period. No luck yet. Good luck to you all :)

AF should start in the next day or two... so far nothing. But this is my first AF since coming off BCP so it's probably just my body adjusting but it's hard not to get my hopes up! Grrr...

Good Luck!!!
Hey there! I've just accepted your Friend Request, yay! It's so nice to meet others who are going through the same thing! I know, ideally, I would love to just get off the pill and go "back to normal", whatever that is; it's been years since I was normal. (Oooh that doesn't sound too good, ha ha) But you know what I mean, right? No, you have every right to be excited; I was on Sunday when I was supposed to start my new pill pack and didn't. I kind of feel like "Oh no, what did I do", but I truly am ready for the next phase of my life, you know? Whatever happens happens, and think positive. My boyfriend and I are not using any protection, he is very ready for anything, as well. Guess we will see what happens, I just WISH I knew if I would go right back to actually ovulating and have a 'real' period in the coming weeks, but as others have said, it's so hard to say. Wish that wasn't true.....
it's good being friends with you here Joey, I look forward to staying in touch!!!! Take care and congratulations on being pill-free tonight! :happydance:

I could have written this myself! I am just starting my very last pack, because DH and I are ready to move on as well. I'm done with the pill and after that, "whatever happens, happens". See you over here a little more in a month from now!

I'm the one who started this thread; I'd just like to thank you all for your posts, I love seeing that I'm not alone, ha ha. I look forward to posting with you all----I rather like our little club too :happydance: Please keep in touch, I love meeting new people, particularly those who are in the same boat! Thanks again, hope your day is good!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, just finished my last bcp pack on Wednesday. I keep telling DH that I'm sooooooo excited and he always says he can tell :) Glad there is a group in the same boat.
Lauren

I've just stopped taking the pill as well, really dreading af arriving properly and thinking how ill might get again, really excited about the thought that it might happen.

I am not currently TTC but came off my pill (of 9 years use) 2 months ago. In the first month, my natural period arrived on time! I was pleased! But then I discovered that doesn't 100% mean ovulation has started so I bought some cheap tests off Amazon. After several negatives in the second month, I tested this week and got a positive result. A little anxious though as it seems really late in the cycle but I'm hoping it's because I'm still straightening my body out!! I got an Ipod application to help chart everything, I find it really useful as I have a memory like a seive. x

Just wanted to wish you all good luck. I came off long term BCP at Christmas 2008 and had my first baby October 2009. I had one proper period and then the next month got pregnant! So it is possible for it to happen quickly even if you've been on BCP for a long time! I had been on BCP for about 15 years, bar a couple of brief six month periods in my early 20s, and continuously on BCP for at least ten years. I had no idea what my cycle would be like and always had extremely irregular periods and long cycles before BCP!

Hey! I would love to join this little baby group! I am in the same postion, we have come of the pill yesterday actually! and are not going to chart anything, just hopeing for the best! :) good luck girlies! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->