Ovulation after STOPPING the pill?

Hi all, here is my update: no period yet; I last had it (the last one I had on the pill) from June 14--17th.....I've been feeling very "full" in my stomach, and had some red blood spotting after sex about a week or so ago, but no full on period as of now. Ha ha, I was at Target on Friday and just spontaneously bought a pregnancy test and tested on Saturday right before seeing "Transformers" at the theater :) But it came up negative.....so I have no clue as to what is going on----it was a "First Response" test too, I'm thinking that for sure would have detected something, right? Ah well....I'm just waiting it out to see what my body will do I guess. Hope everyone is having a good day, hang in there!!

You're only on day 34... from what it sounds like, that's fairly normal after coming off the pill. Hope you see it soon though, I could imagine the wait. I am not looking forward to that when I come off!

my first time off the pill a year ago my cycle was about 35-37 days, this time it was 30 days, i think it really depends, honestly ive talked to women who say that it didnt come until after day 60. After that mybe talk to your doctor but i'm sure it will all be okay :)

Hi ladies,
I found out last year that I have a double uterus, and the doctors told me to wait and see if I’ll have any fertility issues, as I am at high risk for miscarriage and in pregnancy. So I decided that I needed to get in touch with my body before I try and get pregnant.
I stopped taking the pill in May and have been charting my BBT since March just to get into it before stopping the pill. I had the usual withdrawal bleeding a few days after the last pill, and Ovulated 27 days after the last pill (or day 22 from start of withdrawal bleeding). The beautiful thing about charting your BBT is that for me on day 34 my temperature dropped and I knew to await AF, and sure enough later that day she came!
Currently I am on my first REAL cycle, and my temps are ok, but the last 2 weeks my cervical fluid is changing almost every day with very sporadic spotting, and sporadic stabbing pain in my lower right abdominal. Waiting to O so I can get some peace of mind over the spotting and pains. That’s how I found this site, looking for some answers!
Good luck on this journey everyone! Looking forward to seeing what happens with you all and myself!

When I come off the pill I also plan on charting... for that very reason - to know when AF will be here!

:hi: just popped over from TCC (hope that's ok) I actually started a journal about TCC after the pill....no BFP yet but this is only our second month of trying.

I stopped BCP after 13 years in April and I'm very lucky to say that I O'ed about two weeks after stopping and my cycles appear to have resumed to 25 days. I've also started to get O pains that coincidence with my postive OPK day which is nice.

Good luck all and although I've read lots of stories about ladies having 90+ cycles :( there are also lots of women that get a bfp quickly or whose cycles are OK straight after stopping so every woman really is different. Good luck xx

Thanks for sharing, Baby2012 - and no worries, I jump into other forums all the time! I'm going to check out your journal now... as I will be in your situation soon. Lots of babydust to you!

I stopped taking the pill at the end of january and had been on it for 11 years. I was concerned when AF didn't arrive on my usual 27-29 days and then was having other pregnancy symptoms but the doc said it was just hormone changes. It took 6 weeks for my next cycle and I have been regular on 27-29 day cycles since. However one of my best friends took 4 months for her AF to return after stopping the pill. Best of luck to all of you with TTC

I stopped taking the pill at the end of january and had been on it for 11 years. I was concerned when AF didn't arrive on my usual 27-29 days and then was having other pregnancy symptoms but the doc said it was just hormone changes. It took 6 weeks for my next cycle and I have been regular on 27-29 day cycles since. However one of my best friends took 4 months for her AF to return after stopping the pill. Best of luck to all of you with TTC

Thanks very much wedding baby!! I just want to be "normal" again, ha ha

it helped me a lot to do them, i didnt know how my body would be after the pill

I'm 32 and was on the pill for ten years. I went off it for two periods before I concieved. I ended up having a blighted ovum, because my body wasn't ready yet. After the miscarriage, I've had two periods, and this cycle was full of the symptoms from when I was a teenager before the pill. Namely, the excruciating cramps and acne returned. That didn't happen within the two months off the pill the first time. My period has been on the same exact schedule like I never went off the pill, before and after the miscarriage. I even started my last period exactly 30 days after the D&C.

ladies it does happen, my cycle is 30 days long first month off the pill and guess what second month off i'm ovulating on exactly the right day here is my OPK, so ladies it can happen don't worry!! xx

This actually makes me feel loads better, i came off pill in May and have not yet had a positive opk, i was begining to think i'm not OVing at all!!:dohh:, but my cycles are 45 days so i should get a pos opk in another 15 days time, I hope it does come like yours has ............fingers crossed, goodluck to you :thumbup:

I also stopped the pill two weeks ago and it's been really interesting to track my body...you really lose touch with how your body works being on bc. I had the mirena in for 7 years with no periods and then been on the pill for 6 months...so no idea what will happen next. I think I had ewcm and ovulation cramps on about day 10 of my cycle...so will be interesting to see. Here's hoping for a normal cycle soon for all of us. :-D

Hey ladies...I am in second cycle off the pill and had a positive opk this morn on CD9! Wasn't expecting it this soon! Hope its not an issue....last month my cycle was 28 days.

Hi ladies,
I found out last year that I have a double uterus, and the doctors told me to wait and see if I’ll have any fertility issues, as I am at high risk for miscarriage and in pregnancy. So I decided that I needed to get in touch with my body before I try and get pregnant.
I stopped taking the pill in May and have been charting my BBT since March just to get into it before stopping the pill. I had the usual withdrawal bleeding a few days after the last pill, and Ovulated 27 days after the last pill (or day 22 from start of withdrawal bleeding). The beautiful thing about charting your BBT is that for me on day 34 my temperature dropped and I knew to await AF, and sure enough later that day she came!
Currently I am on my first REAL cycle, and my temps are ok, but the last 2 weeks my cervical fluid is changing almost every day with very sporadic spotting, and sporadic stabbing pain in my lower right abdominal. Waiting to O so I can get some peace of mind over the spotting and pains. That’s how I found this site, looking for some answers!
Good luck on this journey everyone! Looking forward to seeing what happens with you all and myself!

How is everyone doing??
Still my first real cycle after I OVed on cd23 - the sporadic pains and spotting I’d been having completely stopped. :thumbup: My temperature however has been on a steady rise since the OV jump, its goes up at a tenth of a degree higher or stays the same as the day before until today, 13dpo, when it dropped only 4/10thdegree, (still another 4/10th above coverline) and still no signs of AF…. (Last month it spiked more than 1 degree down and got AF that day.) I have had very tender breasts and am thinking maybe…. Pregnant? Depending on my temp in the morning I think I’ll take an Early Response test… any thoughts?

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my BFP yesterday, only 11dpo, so cautious at the minute, but hoping that all will be ok. Stopped pill exactly two months ago.

So sorry to see that AF came on the 15th :( maybe your body just isn't ready yet... all the best next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->