Ovulation after STOPPING the pill?

Hi
I came off my pill on 12th August (cerazette)
I googled so much about it and read so many different stories i just wanted to stop taking it....
Whilst on this pill i never had a AF at all (3 years) before that i was on microgynon and had the normal monthly AF but not my natural one....it was so long ago i cant remember what my periods were like before BCP

Anyway since 12th August ive had slight cramping but no sign of AF. I keep hoping it will show its face soon so i know my cycles are trying to get back to normal.

Im trying not to read to much into how my pill has affected others (some horror stories) but i cant help myself im addicted (espically the ones when people get PG without their AF ever making an appearance)

Good luck everyone xxxx

I know this thread is a few months old, but I would like to join too if you all don't mind. I'm on my first cycle after stopping the pill (Ortho-cyclen). This is CD30 and no real period yet, but it feels like it may start soon (hopefully!!).

Ive just come off the pill and it appears Ive had two periods already in the first month which was really unusual for me?! So I am totally confused about my cycle? x

Faith...was the first period your withdrawal bleed? If so, then the days from the beginning of that to your next perioc would be your first "real" cycle....

Yeah first was withdrawl! But then two weeks after I started spotting and then it seemed to turn into a period as I started bleeding, had to wear a pad and it lasted days! Which was really odd? I have always been irregular when not on the pill! But surely my cycle cant have changed to 14 days as that seems short? Which is why im so confused? Thanks! x

As your withdrawal bleed isn't really a period it's unlikely that your cycles will be short. You only start counting cycle days from the first day of your first real af. Cd#1 is classed as the first day you have fresh red blood, but not just spotting, more of a flow! All the best xo

Thank you! I suppose its just a waiting game to see what happens next? Its so difficult to track as I dug out some old diarys and last time I had a break from the pill I had no period until I went back on the pill? Ive been on the pill for a while on and off and switching between Dianette and Yasmin for acne as well! But whenever I wasnt on the pill I was irregular, sometimes not getting a period for months at a time and 60+ cycles, which is why I didnt expect a period so soon. I have no idea when my next will be so cycle wise I have no clue how to track yet as I can not work out what days I may ovulate on. I think ill see how I am and then go and see the Doctor. Thanks again! I just feel so lost! Plus I have nobody to really talk to about it so I really appreciate it! I did lots of research on spotting when that happened but I just started bleeding straight away and like I said it lasted a few days so it seems like it was a period! Plus I had really bad cramp and back ache a few days before! Just it was earlier than the 28 day cycle from my pill as well, so maybe its my body adapting! Confusing! x

I am on my first month off the pill and its been interesting to be sure...I had my period (withdraw bleed) Aug 12-18th and it was pretty normal though it was a day longer then it had been when I was on bcps. On day 13 I noticed what I believe was ewcm (only gotten it once before in July) and I started to spot old blood. Day 14 and 15 I continued to spot and it moved from old darker brown blood to a dark red, never heavy enough to need a pad or anything. I had some slight cramps too. Today (day 16) its all gone.

I have no idea what is going on really. I asked my roommate (who has never been on bcp) if she ever got that and she said yea, it happens. My mother had no clue. Im wondering if it could have been ovulation bleeding, apparently sometimes it can last 2-3 days...but since I dont temp or do any ovulation tests I guess Ill never know.

Im suppose to get my period on the 9th of Sep, we'll see if it shows. Off the pill my cycle can last up to 6-8 months.

I got my first + OPK today! :happydance: almost on time (CD24) didn't O month before until CD42, and even then I only got an *almost* positive opk, this ones positive without a doubt! :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC_0368.jpg
    DSC_0368.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello, i was on here last month but stopped as i found myself getting upset with not getting a BFP (silly i know) so here's my story,

I came off Cerazette on may 22nd, had first AF 45 days later on July 7th, so my next AF should have been due lat sun 21st aug, However no show, I tested yesterday & BFN - I have no idea what to think now??? :-(

Hi everyone! I have also just come off cerazette (last Wednesday) and my husband and I are NTNP for now. I haven't had any bleeding (withdrawal or otherwise) yet, just a few cramps on Friday - but the best thing about coming off cerazette is that I already feel more energetic!

Sending lots of babydust to everybody! Xx

Came off bc pills and had withdrawal bleeding July 26 then my body went NUTS! I was very sexually aroused for a week and a half, I had headaches, and no apetite. I thought I had ewcm but af has never shown up and I've gotten 3 BFNs. My body is starting to feel normal again! So how will I know when I ovulate? I haven't been tracking my temperature so is cm the best way to predict at this point? SO CONFUSED!

I came off Cerazette about 5 weeks ago (give or take a few days). About 2 or 3 days after that I had a period like bleed that lasted 4 days followed by the (once forgotten as I did not get them on bc) monthly migraine. 2 weeks after that I had some spotting (or rather some dark brown discharge) for about a day and now I am waiting for aunt flo, as if my body has gone back to its pre birth control 28 day cycle already af should have been due today. I think anyway. Unless the bleed I had 4 weeks ago was not a period and the day of spotting was a really wimpy period...in which case I'd be due in 2 weeks...

It was not unusual for me to bleed when taking the cerazette as I would still appear to get full blown periods some months and others I would get nothing but a bit of spotting.

If she is due now Af is obviously running slightly late though as she has had her baggage delivered in the form of pms but has not made an appearance herself yet. Or the pms could be to do with stopping the pill (bloating, back ache, cramps, wind, fatigue, mood swings and cravings...this month for steak and onions lol. My monthly munchies used to be for salty foods...so it makes a change lol)

I have absolutely no idea if I have ovulated since stopping the pill as I have not checked for it lol.

Came off bc pills and had withdrawal bleeding July 26 then my body went NUTS! I was very sexually aroused for a week and a half, I had headaches, and no apetite. I thought I had ewcm but af has never shown up and I've gotten 3 BFNs. My body is starting to feel normal again! So how will I know when I ovulate? I haven't been tracking my temperature so is cm the best way to predict at this point? SO CONFUSED!

Yeah, a few hours after I posted this i got AF! That means I had a 35 day cycle which doesn't seem that bad coming off bc pills. Baby dust to everyone!

I'm now on CD57 (Or 12 days late if it was ment to be 45 days again) this cycle so far & BFN's................no idea where Flo is??? Starting to think BC has lengthened my cycles :-(

I stopped Yasmin at the end of July, had a positive OPK on CD21 and AF showed up on CD 36. Will be using OPKs again this month to see if O gets any earlier. My cycles are usually 35 days anyway though. I've been lucky to always O my first cycle off the pill. I've been on and off Yasmin for 5 years.
xx

MissBroody: I also stopped Yasmin at the end of July so im in a similar position to you! Ive also been on and off it for a while! However, Im really confused about my cycles and im not sure if im ovulating or not? How do you test? Thank you! x

MissBroody: I also stopped Yasmin at the end of July so im in a similar position to you! Ive also been on and off it for a while! However, Im really confused about my cycles and im not sure if im ovulating or not? How do you test? Thank you! x

I came off Yasmin in May and I have O'ed every cycle-(cd22, cd23, cd26) giving me 34+ day cycles. The last two cycles my body was trying to O earlier than it did. I dont use OPKs but Im sure I would get + if I did. The EWCM was in abundance for days and with taking my BBT I could tell the patterns and of course once the temp went above coverline I knew O finally happened! For me the waiting to O is worse than the 2ww.
OPKs are great for when the body is trying to O, but it doesnt tell you that you actually did, so if you were to not O then you're cycle would be longer... Temping is a great way to KNOW if you have O'd or not. :thumbup:

Dejager: Thank you! Im off to the Drs this week so hopefully ill find out whats going on? x

Just an update for you guys, AF arrived after 60 days this cycle, so after coming of BC inmay i had a 45 day cycle and then this one :(, i'm now taking soy to try shorten them, so fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->