• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ovulation after STOPPING the pill?

Hey all, well, just to let you know that after coming off the pill over two weeks ago, having withdrawal bleed 2 weeks ago, last night I had the elusive EWCM!!!!!!!!

I NEVER thought I would get it, when the other girls were talking about it, I thought "that will never come out of me" but it did! Well, I think it did, I have never had anything like it and it is just as it is described!

I am hoping that this EWCM is a good sign and that it means I am ovulating and will soon have first true AF so that I can start properly going for it!

Anyone else???

Hi All,

I've now been off the pill for 17 days and I haven't had nothing at all. I hope it doesn't turn up when I am on my holiday!!!

Unfortunately, I just have to sit tight and wait for her to come.

I think I may be wierd as I seem to have quite thick cm all the time, sometimes with a yellow tinge to it. Is this normal?

Becwantsababy, did you have your regular withdrawl bleed after you took your last pill? Or maybe you were on a pill that didn't give you that? I know with mine, I have a withdrawl bleed a couple of days into my "break" week. If you have had that, then I wouldn't worry too much that you haven't had AF yet.

No didn't have any bleeds at all in 5 years and nothing since coming off it. I'm just going to wait. I mean, we're not ttc yet so it doesn;t really matter if I'm oving or not.

Can I join to? I took my last pill on Sunday. I should get my WB on Thursday or Friday. I have been on the pill for 11 years so I don't know what to expect. I think my dh think I will get pregnant even if he looks at me funny so I've tried to explain its not that easy.
We're definitely ntnp at least 1st month as we are going on a big holiday.

I'm excited but he isn't really.

Hi PG5K. Men can put such dampners on things. I am still waiting for my first af after stopping my pill and my OH keeps asking me if I'm bleeding yet (how sensitive!!) and when I say no, he automatically thinks I'm pg. After being on this site a few months it has really opened my eyes as to what is required to happen in order to concieve and like you say, it is a lot harder than people think.

Good luck with everything x x

Thank you. I always thought it was so easy till I spent the last year wtt on here.

I think he is just worried so says things like "Im sure i'll be happy when it happens"! I just think that I gave the hormones and he doesn't get that. I've tried to explain that its normal to worry.
I think I've done enough reading and thinking for the both of us. Hehe.

I know exactly what you mean. I was going to tell my OH how ovulation works the other day and he didn't want to know!!! I think he thinks, like most men, that it will happen straight away. How little do they know, he he!!!

Hello ladies! I’m in the same boat as most of you. I just got my first real AF after stopping the pill (30 day cycle). Last month, I got creamy CM practically all month, so I’m not sure if I ovulated. Hopefully this month I’ll ovulate.

i'm in the same boat too! I was on BCP for 8yrs.. stopped bcp may 2, had my first "real" period 35 days after the withdrawal period -period was super light compared to bcp period, lasted only 2-3 days :happydance: my dh & I just decided to see what happens, but I really wanted to know if I was ovulating & got opks :haha: I'm pretty sure I was or my body was trying bc I got cramps around when I should O (later than some around CD19) on cd24 right now.. no idea if AF will show up around 34 days again, but we'll seee :wacko:

also, love the pink pad app for iphone/ipod :)

i'm on my second month and tracking o with OPK so far i have gotten very very faint lines, and some days not a line at all. I've been BDing ALOT! but in the past day my OH has been gone so i probably wont see him until tommorw, maybe i'll have a pos OPK by then, i'm currently on CD 14, so i hope OV comes soon :( cheers ladies xx

im so naive! i understand when is best to try for a baby! but not trying to work out to the day when i will be ovulating because i think id start to upset myself!
but i have noooo idea as to whether id have a real periord or anything!

:(
my partner also seems to think that you can get pregnant anytime, and our lovemaking has fell VERY short, so im thinking its going to be a longggg timmeee xxxx

ladies it does happen, my cycle is 30 days long first month off the pill and guess what second month off i'm ovulating on exactly the right day here is my OPK, so ladies it can happen don't worry!! xx

Attachments

• IMG-20110707-00195.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00195.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 24
Ha ... can I join this Friend Group too???? SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME! I got pregnant with DD after being on BC for 10 years. I didn't even get a period the first month off, fell pregnant right away and have NO clue about my body now as I went straight back to the pill after I had her. Would love to go through this journey with everyone!

Hello everyone! I'd love to join too! i just stopped bcp two weeks ago and am going to officially start trying next month, right now I am NTNP. I am 33 and was on the pill for 15 years and so now I have been having all kinds of weird feelings and have no idea if I have or will ovulate this month and get AF!! My weirdest symptom is a full/heaviness feeling in my lower abs, right above my pubic bone, so weird!! I have no idea if this is normal because the last time I had a real period, I was 18!!! :haha:

Hello everyone! I'd love to join too! i just stopped bcp two weeks ago and am going to officially start trying next month, right now I am NTNP. I am 33 and was on the pill for 15 years and so now I have been having all kinds of weird feelings and have no idea if I have or will ovulate this month and get AF!! My weirdest symptom is a full/heaviness feeling in my lower abs, right above my pubic bone, so weird!! I have no idea if this is normal because the last time I had a real period, I was 18!!! :haha:

totally normal feeling! i felt like that until my first AF and it was hell! i forgot how much the real thing hurt! also my boobs grew 2 sizes but now have shrunk again :(my body went back to its normal 'before the pill' look

Hey ladies,

I'd love to join your group too! I stopped taking the pill on 19th June and had the withdrawal bleed a couple of days later. Now waiting for AF to arrive and I guess then I can start calculating - but heard it can takes months :( Right now we're NTNP. It's tough not knowing what your body is doing and just waiting to see when it return to normal. Both hubby and I are really excited but it's really weird taking about your bodily functions with your man, haha!

So glad to have found this group of people all at the same stage of TTC!

Good luck ladies!!!

Hey ladies, an update. So, to recap, stopped BCP 14 June, WdB on 17 June. If would have bled on Saturday 16 July had it been 28 days since WdB, but I didnt. Was a bit miffed as I really did think things would just continue, despite reading that it wouldnt be the case.

However!!!! Just checked today and whilst it is VERY light thus far, there is what appears to be the start of AF, that would be exactly 31 days after my WdB started!!!!!! I really hope it is AF as I have heard that it can take up to 3 months for it to return, I would feel so lucky if it came back after just one month.

Any one else got any updates!!!

No update for me yet but I'm not due until middle/end of the week...however I have felt waves of nausea yesterday and today so I don't know what is going on...is it frm the pill withdrawal or could I actually be pregnant?!?!?! We shall see....

I'm waiting to ovulate. I started OPK's Friday and haven't gotten a positive yet. I'm thinking I should get one today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should test twice a day or just once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->