Ovulation after STOPPING the pill?

I took my last pill on the 20th may 2011 and had my first period 35 days later, 2nd period 38 days after that and 3rd period 34 days after that. We tried to conceive last moth with no luck but think i totally missed ovulation so i'm now charting my body temp to try and work out my cycle better. I was on the pill for 10 years so its been quite interesting to see what my body does naturally! :)

I took my last pill on the 20th may 2011 and had my first period 35 days later, 2nd period 38 days after that and 3rd period 34 days after that. We tried to conceive last moth with no luck but think i totally missed ovulation so i'm now charting my body temp to try and work out my cycle better. I was on the pill for 10 years so its been quite interesting to see what my body does naturally! :)
Oooh! Hi there, I am sooo with you!!!
It's crazy to watch your body go back to normal. For me, I can't even remember normal, ha ha Good luck to you!

Good luck to all trying to working out cycles whatever method you use!
Faith n Hope - what did the Dr say this week?

I took my last pill May 2.. first cycle was 35 days, 2nd cycle was 54 days, last cycle I finally got + opks on cd24-26, got my :bfp: at 9dpo on Sept 8!! :happydance:

Congratulations!
The Doctor didnt say much just that id have to try for a year before getting considered for infertility?!
x

I was so excited to get off the pill as well. My last pill was aug 18th 2012. I've been taking it for 9 years pretty constantly. I got on it initially because of heavy painful periods. I am nerous about getting a really period again since I remeber it being so horrible. And nOw after reading how many problems everyone is having ovulating I am nervous about that. My husband and I were pretty laid back about what might happen, if we get pregnant fine if we don't then no big deal but now I feel like I am really wanting to get pregnant. We have been having unprotected sex since. I kinda hope we get pregnant and I won't have to worry about painful periods! Guess i'll get to see in about 20 days for a 28 day cycle.

I have posted on this thread a while back but just thought I'd tell you that I was on the pill constantly for 15 years, stopped it July 2011, got pregnant october2011 and my little 10 week old son I sleeping beside me now. Good luck!!!

Amber7o7, I also took my last pill August 18, 2012. After 15 years on the pill my body is having some trouble adjusting. Nausea, headaches, modiness, etc. I know it doesn't happen for everyone, but I'm hoping to ovulate this first month off. Just started using OPKs, so we will see! DH is getting grumpy about "scheduling" BD. I don't think he gets the concept that there is only a small window of time things can happen. He has a 7 year old that was very unexpected and unplanned, so he has a very carefree attitude about it and thinks his swimmers will get the job done. He doesn't worry like I do because of my age and bcp history. Good luck, ladies! Hopefully things will happen for all of us soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->