Pagan mummies

Does anybody have any plans for Lughnasadh?

It's one of the sabbats I've never really celebrated, I always tend to forget it :blush:

Mabon is a bit easier to remember as the 3 of us have birthday's just after :haha: but I don't know how we'll celebrate it, it might get forgotten though as Tegan turns 2 and we'll be planning for that (bad pagan *slaps wrist*).

But I really don't know what to do or where to start!

I am a Heathen and I did celebrate Lughnasadh with feasting and reading from the Mabinogion. I don't have any children yet but festivals should be more fun when I do.

We celebrated it by baking a homemade pie and spending time together..

I'll always kind of think my :bfp: was sort of like a "thank you!" from the gods. :blush:

You can believe Lughnasadh will be a holiday held dear to me from now on. :thumbup:

Congrats on the BFP unapologetik!

Just something to think about.. How would you/do you share these harvest holidays with your kids?

It's easier for me I imagine as we live in a farming community and she can get a better idea of the importance of the harvest. But usually we go to a farmer's market or will go to a farm where you can pick your own berries or apples when it gets to be the right time. And then we come home and make something with the things we picked be it a pie or apple crisp or whatever else I can think of. And we go for a walk on the nature trail at the park down the street and try to spot changes in the environment around us. I don't do that much otherwise with Roxy really because I too am not sure how to approach it in a way that interests her, at four she's still very off the wall and has a hard time focusing for very long on things. Maybe I should look up some mythology and see if I can find a tale/myth that lines up with the spirit of the sabbats and read that to her as well.

We celebrated it by baking a homemade pie and spending time together..

I'll always kind of think my :bfp: was sort of like a "thank you!" from the gods. :blush:

You can believe Lughnasadh will be a holiday held dear to me from now on. :thumbup:

Congrats on the BFP!! And may the Gods and Goddesses make this an easy pregnancy for you!! :)

Can I say hi :wave: & belated samhain greetings xx

Welcome Ellie & Happy Belated Samhain to you as well. :)

Sooo, we have an upcoming holiday...

https://www.kstardesign.com/blinkies/blinkie_wintersolstice.gif

Any plans?

I've already got my "Yule Tree" up, lol. I always put up a tree even though it's more of a Christian tradition...brings back such good memories of my childhood. My husband has requested a special dinner, I wasn't planning on doing much because his mother always makes a ton a few days later for Christmas but apparently my food is better. :haha: Sorry to gloat, I'm just really proud of my cooking and love to be acknowledged as having some small skill. Other than that we do do presents and Santa Claus for our daughter. And I'll most likely be doing a small, solitary ritual as well. Depending on how the rest of things go in my life from now until Yule I'm not sure what I want to do for my ritual. I have a tentative BFP that will be confirmed tomorrow and if it is confirmed I'll be thanking the gods/goddesses, Freya and Thor in particular, because I asked for their aid in fertility a couple months ago and it only feels right to give them another offering.

That sounds nice!! I will be putting up a Yule tree as well, and possibly making a dinner - or putting something together in the slowcooker since I work that day. Aside from that I just had plans to bake and give thanks to the Gods/Goddesses. Congrats on your tentative bfp!! That is amazing news! I have been thinking of doing a fertility ritual and asking for their aid to help me get that bfp... just have no idea where to start on that one. :)

Hi, girls. I'm new to this thread. I'm what some call a 'Jewitch' (Jewish witch). My spirituality is a bit rare, though I'm not the only one! The Shekhinah is the Hebrew name for G-d's female counterpart. She is also known in Judaism as the Queen of Heaven. I enjoy studying Jewish mysticism and magic like Kabbalistic Tarot, the Zohar, and the Tree of Life.

I see the Divine resonating in all living creatures and nature, and I do not believe there is any limit to it. I believe that all gods and goddesses are different facets of the same gemstone.

DH is of Anglo-Celtic descent, so I suppose you could call our combined spirituality 'tribal fusion'. :haha:

I was raised Pagan, but I am now an Atheist. As far as religions go, I would have to say that I enjoyed the belief system and practices of Paganism the most. :kiss:

Just wanted to say a Merry Yule to all my fellow pagans on BnB!

May I join in?

I am a pagan of the eclectic variety. I lean towards earth spirituality and shamanism. We celebrated solstice versus Yule though we leave the tree up through new year. For Solstice, we exchanged gifts, had a lovely meal, set up a new family alter to include the baby (still a work in progress) and, in general, said hello to the deep night. We are planning to raise our baby as a pagan and, as I am a witch as well, will show the peanut that side of life also. In time, a child will grow into its own way so I am not to worried about showing our ways while it is young.

Hope the season finds you all happy and healthy and I am SO excited to find this thread!

Just wanted to add that we bought the Circle Round book and have begun looking it over for use with our daughters (my steps) and the new baby. For Solstice, we bought the peanut a witch ball to hang over the bassinet/crib/toddler bed/bed etc.

Hi SaucySac38! We're only a day apart! How is the Circle Round book? I was thinking of getting it but am a bit unsure.

Hi Amarna! Yea, someone on the same timeline as me. So far, I like it. It is very hands on and, though I won't use everything, I am finding it a nice complement to the things I wish to teach the peanut as they grow about paganism and the world. There are so few good books out there on the subject!

May I join? I'm pagan in my beliefs but not practicing. I think thats mainly to do with the fact that I dont know which branch is for me yet and I've lost touch with it since going to uni but Im hoping that once me and my partner are set up with our own space (living with his parents atm) I can find the time to become more focused.

I used to go to moots when I lived in Newcastle; it was nice just getting to know other pagans in a 'ye old' pub and having a drink. Sometimes bringing in cake :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->