Pagan mummies

Hello Unaspenser! It is quiet here but I lurk often. Welcome to the forum. Good luck on TTC. I love all the changes that come from being in this new world of pregnancy. It will be interesting to see how it changes my practices as a pagan/witch.

Thanks, SausySac! I'm interested to see what impact pregnancy will have on my spirituality as well, it seems like it will be a really positive experience as far as my sense of myself.

Is any one planning a naming ceremony?

I've thought about it, especially with my parents pushing for a baptism despite the fact that they know I'm not Christian and am Wiccan. I've just been imagining the looks on they're faces when they get an invite to a blessing/naming ceremony instead. :haha: But that's not the best reason to have one, lol.

I'm not sure honestly if I want to do one, I didn't have one with my daughter and while I think it would be nice I'm just about the only person who would. OH wouldn't care either way.

We are leaning towards one. My parents would come even though they are not sure of the purpose and I have 2 step-daughters who love the idea of a ceremony to name their new little peanut. Even if it is just the 4/5 of us, we will probably do it.

I would like to have one, I think it's important to mark the important events in our lives like this. My husband is Jewish, we'll also have a Jewish ceremony. :)

Hi everyone... It's nice to find a group of ladies that have this in common. I have been studying Wicca on&off for the past 10 years... omgoodness!! Where has the time gone? Haha. I am not a Pagan Momma yet... but trying and hoping ever so hard! I am currently on cycle 2 of clomid, and hoping that helps :)

So, does anyone have special plans to mark the summer solstice?

So, does anyone have special plans to mark the summer solstice?

Maybe doing something with the study group I'm part of next weekend as a slightly belated thing. But nothing is concrete yet. Otherwise just something small at home again and maybe a special picnic and nature trail walk or something at the park with my daughter.

I didn't do anything exciting for the Solstice, although I probably should have gone to a blot or something. :shrug: It's been a rough week, I'm sure the gods will understand.

I had a weird question/concern for some of my European pagan ladies. The pagan community that I'm part of in America is Asatru based but very conservative on a variety of issues (obviously all of them aren't but just this group in particular). I am moving to Denmark in the near future and for me Danish people are already wildly liberal. I'm afraid and rightly so according to my DF that Danish pagans are also liberal.

Am I being utterly silly in thinking that I need to be on the same moral page as the people I practice my religion with? DF thinks I'm being weird and mixing politics with religion, but to me some of these issues are really important and it would stop me being able to blot with someone if we didn't agree on them.

Have any of you faced this issue?

I didn't do anything exciting for the Solstice, although I probably should have gone to a blot or something. :shrug: It's been a rough week, I'm sure the gods will understand.

I had a weird question/concern for some of my European pagan ladies. The pagan community that I'm part of in America is Asatru based but very conservative on a variety of issues (obviously all of them aren't but just this group in particular). I am moving to Denmark in the near future and for me Danish people are already wildly liberal. I'm afraid and rightly so according to my DF that Danish pagans are also liberal.

Am I being utterly silly in thinking that I need to be on the same moral page as the people I practice my religion with? DF thinks I'm being weird and mixing politics with religion, but to me some of these issues are really important and it would stop me being able to blot with someone if we didn't agree on them.

Have any of you faced this issue?

I see exactly where you're coming from. I am Asatru and conservative as well. I am also unable to practice with people who don't share my beliefs. Religion is more than just ritual practices, it also comprises moral and social codes. Are you and your husband ethnically Germanic?

I see exactly where you're coming from. I am Asatru and conservative as well. I am also unable to practice with people who don't share my beliefs. Religion is more than just ritual practices, it also comprises moral and social codes. Are you and your husband ethnically Germanic?

Yes, although the group I practice with is not folkish. Not that I would judge anyone who is, but I haven't found the sorts aligned with that to be in line with my beliefs either. The folkish movement doesn't really exist in Denmark anyway.

DF thinks my views on birth control, marriage, and sexuality are Christian based, but I just don't see that at all. :shrug:

Yes, although the group I practice with is not folkish. Not that I would judge anyone who is, but I haven't found the sorts aligned with that to be in line with my beliefs either. The folkish movement doesn't really exist in Denmark anyway.

DF thinks my views on abortion, birth control, marriage, and sexuality are Christian based, but I just don't see that at all. :shrug:

I've had other pagans say the same thing to me. But the Germania says otherwise. Have you read it?

hi im pagan im electic solitary not by choice and very new to the craft myself :D but loving every step of it :D BB

I have to say I'm relieved to see a thread for pagan Moms here.

Although I'm a mommy-to-be, I can't wait for my little one. Though I'm not all for necessarily raising a child to be of a certain faith, I can't wait to teach him or her about all the things that are out there in the spiritual world so he/she can find their own path.

Not to mention hopefully create some new family holiday traditions for the holidays.

I've been questioning my spirituality and it has lead me to paganism. If anyone has any info on it for me, would be wonderful!

I've been questioning my spirituality and it has lead me to paganism. If anyone has any info on it for me, would be wonderful!

Paganism is a pretty broad topic. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them as best I can or suggest references. Is there a specific pagan path you are interested in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->