PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I know it's amazing isn't it?! I would be in shock if that happens to me! She didn't have my mc history though so got to remain realistic x

Why can't I scroll over names anymore and get those options one being where you can 'send message'. Anyone getting the same problem?

Fili I googeld ur situation an there's def more good news stories than bad hun!! It's very easy for us ladies to think the worst an noone can blame you but there is defo alot of hope out there Hun! An it must be nice to no that you have spoken to someone in the same or has been in the same situation!!
Keeping everything crossed when do u go back fili?? All ur symptoms look good extreme tiredness eating etc xx

Fili I think there is a lot of hope for you from her story. She was 6+4 and bleeding with an empty sac. I wish we knew what her levels were. But regardless I have read story after story about finding the baby later and all was ok. I know it could go either way, but you might just be surprised at the way it does end up going. I have every body part crossed for you. Legs, eyes, fingers and arms. I'm a pretzel for you. xoxo

Hi girls- I had 2 posts earlier today and couldnt get either to post!

Fili- I hope that story gives you hope too, I read they want to see a heartbeat between 6-8 wks So you do have time.

Davies- I get some of my groceries according to you girls, got Pringles again and twix today, spent 162 usd at store, used to get by with spending 80.

Puppy and mrsk- sorry for having to go through the due date loss day, it sounds like a tough one , hugs to you

Heart- I remember on my second pregnancy when I was so happy and not a care in the world. Wish I could go back to that again! ( my first I was terrified as with a jerk that lived across the country and all alone, 24, and no money)
I was watching house hunters repeat yesterday of the San fran houses and a painted lady! So expensive!!!and no yard or sq ft.

I actually had a little energy today! First day I havent layed around all day for a week and a half or longer. I vacuumed a little (dh helped) and got groceries, and had a veggie sub at jimmy johns. I didn't miss the meat at all.

Anyone else's dh play Xbox live with the microphone and screaming at the game? Geez....so friken loud

Hopeful me to we do have similar eating habits! I defo don't want meat!! Think we having same sex children!! Wow double ur shopping bill lol!! Well ur eating for 3!! I had massive appetite today had another 2 twixs tonight! Lol! Did have 2 satsumas to! They are single finger twixs! So I had 3 fingers today that's not horrific is it! I love salad fruit soup an today chocolate!!
Pleased u got some energy sweetie xx

Hopeful mines plays ps3 in fact he's doing it now don't know what's worse all the voices or the bloody shooting x no wonder I spend my time on here lol xxx

Oh I've been having probs for couple of days with bnb slow loading double posts etc xxx

It's 11:14pm here I've been up since 6pm absolutely shattered but I want to stay awake past midnight so I can see my ticker change to 6wks lol how crazy is that x

My dh too hopeful, it's a stupid gun game called all of duty and it's really really irritating!!

Yeah, it's call of duty here constantly, would be funny if our dhs played together!

Mrsk- I love seeing the ticker change too! Congrats on 6 wks! 9 minutes to go!

Lol call of duty here too x they prob do it's such a small world xx

Woohoo managed to stay up 7wks here I come xxxxx glad I'm not going crazy hopeful xxx

Grrrr I just wrote the longest reply and got kicked off! This site makes me so mad sometimes!!

Fili, thanks for asking about me. I'm doing ok. Today has been a good day. I just woke up from a massively delicious nap. Had some time in my back yard today sitting in the sun with a book. It is so warm today I sat outside with just a tank top and shorts! Loaded up on my Vitamin D. And no spotting today. Any day that I get through without a massive bleed feels like a victory. Thanks for asking hon. :hugs:

Hopeful, I love House Hunters! There was an international House Hunters marathon on yesterday. I watched hours of it. I especially love the rich people because you get to see some amazing houses. I used to live around the corner from the famous SF Painted Ladies https://thetaxidriversguidetosanfra...11/09/CaliforniaSanFranciscoPaintedLadies.jpg
My back yard faced the back of them. As a buyer it is really expensive to get anything with square footage or a yard which is why most people I know don't own in the city. But as a renter you can get some real gems. I've always had a big yard, parking and pretty big apartments in SF. We moved 10 miles out of the city to Berkeley for a bigger place during my first pregnancy because we thought we needed more room for a baby. I like it though. We rent a whole house rather than an apartment with a little back yard and a separate studio that has a full bathroom. We use the studio for guests when they visit but it is primarily for my husband. He's a musician and it's his music studio. He plays a bass guitar, he never plays video games and I'm so glad.

Did you buy pajama jeans?

Mrskg congrats on 6 weeks!

Davies and hopeful you are making me want to eat junk food. Pringles and twix sound much better than the fruit, nuts, yogurt and soup I've eaten today! I'll have to get some on my next shopping trip. I'm not feeling horrible but not feeling great in my stomach which is fine by me! I've had some cramping today but not severe. Hoping it is my little one growing.

Mrsk, I don't think there is anything in the booking bloods that shows whether your pregnancy will be successful or not. They don't check your beta hcg until your 12w nt scan.
In my local epu it depends on the sonographer whether they show you the screen or not. Usually when you come in you always get scanned. It is part of their procedure: see nurse, have scan, see doctor.
So please don't be worried if you ever go in and the sonographer chooses not to show you the screen right away. That does not mean that they think it is all over! :hugs:

Embo, I asked whether I could book in with the midwives later since I've been through it twice before and haven't bothered since. I think I went after ten weeks. I just called them up and they gave me an appointment a few days later.
As Davies mentioned, they check your blood type and whether you are HIV positive, have syphilis or hepatitis (cant remember which type) and whether you are immune to rubella. If you've had that before most likely nothing will have changed. The only variable is the blood count but again if you are feeling well a two week delay probably won't show up any surprises (like newly developed anaemia).
If you've never booked in it is a good idea to go because they give you all the bunf about being pregnant, tell you about all the resources available to you and answer any questions you may have. Generally, midwives are really nice people and I always leave with a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Heart, I select all/copy all my longer posts these days because I get too frustrated when I get kicked out or something :grr:

Hi Ladies,
I haven't posted here yet to be honest I have been unsure where I belong. I am 5 weeks into my 4th pregnancy after TTC for 2 and a half years. I am really concerned and was thinking maybe you would be able to help. I got my BFP on Christmas day, I was at my DR a couple days ago and everything was good. I have never made it past my 7th week. So today I found a FRER and it was a BFN am I having another MC...I had some cramping yesterday but nothing too serious I am so worried and not sure what to do. My DR said because of my history not to go in until after week 8 so I am on my own.

Ame, I'd get another FRER and test again. If it is still negative and it is a week since your bfp I'm not going to lie - it doesn't look good.
Right now I'm holding onto the hope that the test you 'found' was old and maybe not so accurate.

If, and I really just say if, things go badly then I urge you to press your doctor for recurrent miscarriage testing. This is normally carried out after three losses so you are definitely due this :hugs:

Big big :hug: and strength Xxx

Thank you for replying. I am thinking its not good either. I just bought the tests a couple weeks ago so I dont think its them. We have been on an IVF waiting list for a long time and right before our appointment I got my 3rd BFP only to MC shortly after. I am going to push for testing. Thank you again.

There is a very good thread at the top of the loss section for recurrent losses. If it comes to it, they are brilliant at advising which tests to make sure you get and what you can do independently to increase your chances. It would definitely be worth doing before going through IVF.

Still hoping this was a duff test, though. Please try another with morning urine.

Ame, I couldn't have said it any better than Pip. I agree with everything she said. I'm a little taken aback that after 3 losses your doctor won't monitor you more closely. At the very least they could check your hcg and progesterone. I hope it was a dodgy test but if you get another bfn, insist on testing and if your doctor refuses, get a new one. You've been through far to much to not have answers. Many hugs to you. We all understand how scary this time is. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->