PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Sweetkat, you are cracking me up!!!! Too many pies! Lol it’s some nice little bumpy bloat! I’m so happy you’re 14 weeks and doing so well!

I had my ultrasound today and everything was great. Baby measured 7+3 which is 3 days ahead of what they expected. I’m so happy it was a good day!
I do have hyperemesis but hopefully will feel better soon.

Sweetkat, glad your scan went well, sorry about the morning sickness, hoping it passes soon for you. I'm much bigger this time too, it's impossible to hide in certain outfits.

Sweetkat, you are cracking me up!!!! Too many pies! Lol it’s some nice little bumpy bloat! I’m so happy you’re 14 weeks and doing so well!

I had my ultrasound today and everything was great. Baby measured 7+3 which is 3 days ahead of what they expected. I’m so happy it was a good day!
I do have hyperemesis but hopefully will feel better soon.

Ttc126, great news about your scan :). I shouldn't moan about MS if you have hyperemesis. It must be hard. Can you generally function ok or are you in bed/ sick a lot of the time?

This time it's weird, because I swear that with DD2 I hardly had any sickness. Whereas this time it's not bad (nausea but not enough to actually be sick most of the time) but it's constant. Almost all day and all night. And even when I am eating I feel a bit sick.. And some food just tastes off.

Mine isn't a bloat. I have a giant sticking out belly. Looks like I am 20 weeks, escpecially in the evening. I am not big enough or round enough to wear pregnancy clothes yet though as it just looks like a fat belly most of the time and I don't want to tell work or anyone else yet.

Sweetkat, glad your scan went well, sorry about the morning sickness, hoping it passes soon for you. I'm much bigger this time too, it's impossible to hide in certain outfits.
When I am not at work I just let my belly stick out. But I can't roll around like a shapeless blob at work. Plus as DD1 is not even 1 yet they probably think I am post pregnancy fat and blobby. I look quite thin everywhere else and from the back. Can't wait for my thunder thighs to come back :)

Blue what great news!!!! How often will you have scans at this point?

I’m doing pretty well! Spotting again but I guess that’s just going to be the norm this pregnancy. Baby looked great on Tuesday and I’ll be 11 weeks in just a couple days!

Ttc, congratulations on your 10 week scan, hope the spotting stops soon. My last pregnancy was like that, it is stressful but everything was ok.

I have scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks to check growth now.

I will be 24w tomorrow. V-day :wohoo:
I haven't had an appointment since my first at 11w for various reasons. I'm finally scheduled for one this Tuesday. I'm assuming they will schedule what would have been my 20w scan at that time. I think they will run a blood test to rule out cholestasis as well. I get that test regularly in my pregnancies since having it with my second.

Last edited:
Happy almost v-day!!!!!!! What a relief!!!!! And thank goodness you’ve got an appointment! I’m sorry you’ve had to wait so long!

I got cholestasis last pregnancy so they’ll keep checking my blood as well.

Happy almost v-day!!!!!!! What a relief!!!!! And thank goodness you’ve got an appointment! I’m sorry you’ve had to wait so long!

I got cholestasis last pregnancy so they’ll keep checking my blood as well.

How did they treat it? When I had my appointment with this new doctor, she said they treat it differently now than they did 14 years ago when my son was born. I'm wondering what has changed.

Last edited:
@julesmw I am not sure what they used to do but now they prescribe URSO, a drug to lower bile acids, and recommend early delivery...always before 38 weeks. In my case, I had my last baby at 36+0 scheduled c section. I got the steroid shots and he did great. How did they treat it with your son?

With a medication like that, steroid shots, and induced the day I turned 36 weeks. She shook her head and kind of looked like that was ridiculous and said "well, we treat it differently now" and I assume she meant less aggressively. I wondered if that meant not delivering that early. I've read the risks of stillbirth raises significantly after 37 weeks. My last doctor always erred on the side of safety (thankfully!). I sure hope I don't have it. I'm not sure this doctor takes it very seriously. I would be very worried if I had to deliver after that 37 week mark.

Same here! That is the standard in my area! If a doctor didn’t treat it that way I’d find someone who did!

Hi all! Sorry I've been AWOL, but you know how it is with a newborn and no sleep.

I did such a bad job putting on a diaper in the wee hours (pun intended?) of the morning that it wasn't on right and she peed all over her bassinet sheets, which of course I then had to wash..

But basically she is a perfect beautiful baby who only cries when there's something wrong (hunger, wet bassinet sheets, etc).

I can't imagine taking care of two of her, but we decided we will roll the dice and let nature take its course about whether she will have any siblings because we are too old (over 40) to have the luxury of well-spaced pregnancies. She may have been a one-time miracle anyway, and I'd be OK with that.

So glad to hear everybody's pregnancies are progressing well.

Jules, hope everything goes well with your scan and the cholestasis test, and that you find a doctor who agrees with you if you need one. I'd always prefer to be on the side of caution too. So far I have provisionally booked a c-section date for 39w0d, the earliest they will do it, as it's safer to have it earlier.

Marple, glad you are ok! The no sleep is tough, isn't it? Glad she is a happy baby, that does make it easier. Putting on diapers is so hard at the start, I was rubbish at it! Good luck with having another, it's easier to get pregnant if you've just had a baby. Friend has just had her second at 41, conceived straight away after first month trying. Her first is 2.

Happy v-day Jules, I forgot to say before, then I forgot that I'd forgotten. Pregnancy brain strikes again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->