PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

It is so hard. I have nine days at most to go and I still worry daily. If the doctor isn't worried, I would try to do the same. My doctor was always kind, but he was always honest with me, too. If there was something they didn't like, they would tell you.

Redhead, given your history, even if everything is was ok, it doesn't surprise me that they invited you back for another scan so soon - it's just to keep an eye on things for you, but probably also for your benefit because they recognise your anxiety. I had weekly first tri scans with my son (although I lost him at 5 months; I did get additional scans after first tri but no one took me seriously enough when I said there was a problem) so with my older daughter (7th pregnancy) I had weekly scans in first tri, then fortnightly til around 22 weeks, then weekly again. With my second daughter, I got fortnightly scans throughout. I hope your next scan brings your more good news. You're right that sadly, for some of us, even a heartbeat isn't as reassuring as it might be, BUT, it's a step to get you to the next stage. We do all understand how hard it is though :hugs:

Thank you all. It’s so sad we’ve all been through so much.
My consultant told me that the staff wouldn’t tell me even if they knew there was a problem, as they wouldn’t want to worry me. That’s made me worry more as I feel I can’t trust them! I am really trying to stay calm but it is so hard.
Squig I totally get the feeling when they won’t listen. I lost my son at 5 months too and from the beginning I’d known something was wrong and kept saying so but they brushed it off. We got diagnosed with gastroschisis at my 12 week scan, but they kept saying it’ll be fine, and then we went for a routine appointment and he was gone. It’s made me feel quite powerless.

Jules hopefully those last few days fly by for you and your little one is in your arms safely soon.

OnErth it does change things completely it is very sad. I’m glad we’re due so close together so can help each other through xx

I thought about asking for more scans but our deductible is 6k and we pay all that out of pocket before they pay 80%, and scans are expensive!

I’m Erth can you get scans cheaper anywhere else? I know round here there aren’t private places that offer them.
Squig it’s where the stomach forms outside the body. It’s not normally fatal although it can be. After he was born we found out there had been lots of other issues too xx

OnErth - mine is the same way. I've been paying $400 a week out of pocket for the BPP ultrasound and NST test. Once we hit deductible, they will pay the majority. Insurance is so bad these days.

Redhead, I hope you are ok, it's so hard with all the scans. I think it's normal to have another scan at 8 weeks, I had them every two weeks between 6-12 weeks. The loss of hope and innocence is hard, pregnancy is different for us, we see all the things that can go wrong whereas other people can enjoy it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby at 5 months. Keeping every crossed for you this time.

OnErth, that's great news!

Even with three weeks to go I'm still worrying, they aren't able to access my antibody results until Monday as the only two staff with access are off work so I have no idea what the situation is, whether anyone has actually checked them and what the levels are. The midwife who I saw said they monitor the baby after birth, but she was quite flippant.

Blue - how frustrating. Do you know if they will want to take the baby early? Have you heard anything else about how this could affect your wee one?

I don't think they'll deliver earlier than 39 weeks unless there are complications from it, or poor growth on the growth scan. The chance of issues are small on the first pregnancy with it, but obviously it's still a worry. They can end up with anemia or severe jaundice

Blue, I would push to have things taken seriously. It’s so annoying your midwife with flippant. In the US, they do MCV scans to ensure baby isn’t anemic. I had trouble with the “anti-Kell” antibody with #2 and they took him at 37 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->