PAL, due in 6/2012

Tisiphonie, hahah it didnt last that long...i m in the exact same boat...i ve been freaking out now that maybe it's a mmc and i have no clue...i guess we'll both have to get to the next hurdle freaking or not freaking out one way or another! I still havent bought a doppler, i think i might wait until the 12 week hurdle! But i sure hope you fing the hb on your soon, this way you can tell me where to look!!!

Thank you all for your kind words and sweet thoughts. I am always up for a miracle:) You have all been a life saver!!!!! I mean that.:winkwink:

After thinking about why my OB would wait for 10 days to do a repeat U/S and ordered betas, it occured to me that this is standard protocall for diagnosing a blighted ovum.

I really am okay with it, althought of course, I would much rather this be a normal, uneventful, healthy pregnancy!!:wacko:

As far as what could be done in the future, my OB has been pretty unsympathetic. I have had five successful pregnancies and have four living children....the last of whom is my 2 year old DS. I also happen to be of advanced maternal age. During my last MC, while I was having labs drawn, I told the nurse I knew I would be okay and my OB chimed in with, "She already has beautiful babies at home." (Okay, so yes, I wanted to punch her out at the time.)

We really want to give our youngest a sibling closer to his own age to grow up with. Boy!!! How I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I SO wouldn't have waited until I was 40 to have another!!!! Would have done it much sooner.

Anyways, I have not looked into if our insurance covers infertility treatments, but maybe I should.:shrug: I just have an idea that with the probs I have had in the past, I probably have high FSH and would have to find an egg donor, and I really don't want to go there, because of the costs involved.

So, that being said, I think I am going to pray for a few good eggs.:flower:

Aw, bee, you sound so strong. Regardless of how many kids you have or want, your doctor doesn't need to be making statements like that! Kids are not interchangeable! I loved my OB/GYN, but after my two miscarriages and the way the staff treated me, I won't go back.

I would definitely see what your insurance covers. Mine covers infertility if you're unable to get pregnant for a year, or 6 mos. if you are over 35. Actually, it would have kicked in next month for me, if I hadn't gone and paid for fertility treatments out of pocket. (I just couldn't wait.)

And, I mean, without testing there is no telling what's going on. I think my problem was a progesterone deficiency, but we're not sure. If your eggs are ok and other hormones are out of balance, there is a lot they can do to help with that. Don't give up hope yet, not until you have some answers!

I have two kids and I am expecting to complete my family with this pregnancy. I hope you have a chance to give your youngest the sibling you're hoping for! Just because you have kids doesn't mean you shouldn't want more. I'll be praying for you to have some awesome turns in this path you're on. Please keep us updated, because we care about what you're going through!

No luck with the doppler. I'm trying to remind myself that the midwife didn't find the hb with my first until 12 weeks and I'm only 9+4, but it's not working. DH isn't worried. I wish I could be as calm!

Bee - Still thinking of you and giving you lots of hugs and happy thoughts from afar. You may want to try taking CoQ10 which is a supplement that helps egg quality. I tried it starting a few months ago and got pg on it with this pg and so far so good. Much cheaper route than an egg donor. Still holding out hope for you though!!

No luck with the doppler. I'm trying to remind myself that the midwife didn't find the hb with my first until 12 weeks and I'm only 9+4, but it's not working. DH isn't worried. I wish I could be as calm!

Bee - Still thinking of you and giving you lots of hugs and happy thoughts from afar. You may want to try taking CoQ10 which is a supplement that helps egg quality. I tried it starting a few months ago and got pg on it with this pg and so far so good. Much cheaper route than an egg donor. Still holding out hope for you though!!

Hey! Thanks. I didn't know any suppliments existed for this. I am going to google it.

:hi:
Hello ladies. I've checked this thread out a couple of times and finally feel brave enough to join. :blush:
I had an ultrasound at 7+3 and was so relieved to see a bean and a healthy heartbeat. Now, three weeks later, I'm still nervous that something has/will go wrong. When, if ever, will this fear go away?!?
I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hey Anna purna! Welcome! And congrats on your pregnancy! That is a fear of mine, I'll go in to my ultrasound on the 16th and see everything is healthy and still be freaked out. Right now all I can think about is the reassuring ultrasound, but then what? You know? I already have a Doppler, but thank goodness I am living out of a hotel in the middle of a relocation and my stuff including the Doppler is in storage. So we should close on a house by the end of the month and I'll have access to my Doppler again, by then I may be able to pick up in my baby's heartbeat on my own. We'll see.

So what are everyone's symptoms right now? I was having cramping in the mornings and nausea and fatigue in the evenings. But it switched today and I had nausea this morning and no cramping at all, but fatigue all day. Having a 2 year old doesn't help much with the fatigue either lol, love her half to death though! "Mama, you okay? Mama, your tummy hurts? Mama, can I kiss it? It feels better!" Such a good girl!

Cravings anyone?

I wanted grapefruit, which I have never liked. And today I wanted pb and jelly sandwiches with s'mores. Lol

Hey! Thanks. I didn't know any suppliments existed for this. I am going to google it.

I am still holding out hope for you for this pg, but you should also look into wheatgrass, as it is known to lower FSH.

Pitakit - so glad your scan went well :thumbup:

beeahappy - I really hope it was just a case of your tilted uterus blocking the picture and everything goes well at your next scan xx

Tisiphonie - Thanks hun my m/s is still there but its starting to calm down now :flower: Sorry you couldn't find a hb with your doppler im sure its just because your too early xx

Anna Purna - Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. So sorry for your previous losses :hugs:

Ive gone from being worried about miscarrying to freaking out that they won't find a heartbeat when I go to my 12 week scan now :-(

Hi, Anna Purna! I am glad you have gotten brave and decided to join us! I still have some fear but I don't usually get much time to get completely worked up about it. I just keep those appointments and scans as milestones in my head and focus on getting to the next one. If I try to look all the way forward to the end of the pregnancy, I'll drive myself crazy.

nostress, your cravings sound like heaven to me!

kaboom, sorry you are feeling worried. I hope the time until the next scan goes quickly and you get some more reassurance at that point. Just think, if they see the heartbeat at 12 weeks, then you'll be past the first trimester and the fear can be reduced, at least some!

Anna- Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! Glad you are joining us:)

Kaboom - It is so easy to say 'Don't worry" but so hard to do!!! I think it is totally normal to worry about what could go wrong. Everytime I start to feel that way, I tell myself self, "Okay, now what if everything goes right??" and just allow myself to daydream about it. I am hoping that time will past quickly for you and your 12 week scan will be amazing!

Tisiphonie- hey remember it is still too early...this is why i m not ordering it yet..i ll be obsessed! Hope you find it soon!

Anna- so sorry for your previous losses hun. It's never easy not having this fear in your heart...i cant get over it and i dont think i ll ever get completely over it until this baby is born. But as too take it a milestone at a time. Now i have 8 days to worry. That's ok. then i have my scan and then i ll have another 2.5 weeks to worry again. I ll handle it i guess. And so on and so forth...hopefully we'll all keep each other sane till june!

Kaboom- i have the exact same fear...that although i have not bleeding they wont be able to find hb...i just wish i make it to 12 weeks then i cant get my doppler and reassure myself although i m pretty sure i ll be freaking out then too.

Nostress- all i have experienced till now is fatigue and cramps...it is really worrying...i wish i had m/s!

AFM- had a terrible nightmare last night...i was in the bathroom and blood started gushing out...it was so real i was sure it was all over and then i though in my head "ow couldnt i just open my eyes and this is just a nightmare...." and thank God it was. I didnt go back to sleep after that i was sweating and didnt even dare close my eyes. eeeekkkk

Chistiana, sorry about the nightmare! Thank goodness you could wake up and be back in the real world!

tell me about it...all i could think in my dream was "ow no...here we go again.." I m leaving the window open tonight..i think i have nightmares when i m hot!

Good news :) Saw baby on the screen, measuring at about an inch and healthy! Saw the little flutter of the heartbeat, and was told that I am 9 wks 1 day along, so June 7 is the due date! So relieved :flower:

What wonderful news PitaKat!

I had my first 'New OB' appointment today and scan. The news isn't looking so good, but oddly enough, I really am not too upset. The scan showed a sac that was so small the US wasn't able to give it a gestational age. I have a severely tilted uterus.....so my OB just said, "I see you are up to the same old, same old." (This has happened before, and a baby wasn't visable until almost 9 weeks.) I was in for a scan at 5 weeks with this pregnancy and her associate OB couldn't even find my uterus. I have another scan on 11/14. We will go from there.

They took blood for betas of HCG and Progestrone, I will get them on Monday. But, if I am not mistaken, isn't 8 weeks along when HCG naturally starts to level off and decline a bit??? Not sure why she would order them, but alright then.:shrug:

Honestly, in my heart, I just know this isn't going to be 'the' pregnancy, even though I am totally in love with my little bean.

Prayers sent your way! Hoping you hear great news at your next scan!

Bee - I am totally an emotional pinball. I burst into tears about everything and have all but threatened to punch a hole through my coworkers head because she was being rude. Yikes. Really hoping that your conversation with your husband went well. DH and I have been much closer since losing our son last year, but I know I'm lucky. This morning he was complaining because he thought my jeans were too tight and I was crushing the baby. Hoping that you can get through to him (((HUGS))) Wow, I just read your next post - hoping he's okay!!!! And then your next post. Huge ((((HUGS))))) and I will hold your hope right now when it's hard for you to hold it yourself. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
kaboom - Was thinking of paying one of you UK ladies to ship me some chips. My first pregnancy I was visiting the husband's family in Reading and ate a ton of chips and curry and am missing it! Hoping your m/s is still going strong. I know it's a comforting thing to be throwing up at our stage!
chistiana - Congrats on making it past hurdle 1! So very very happy to hear of your great scan!!!!! Hoping the great feelings stay for longer than mine did! I'm 9w4d now (sorry, been a few days since I've been on here). A bunch of women on another forum are getting them and the women who aren't super skinny are hearing the hb on them. Mine should be here today, so hoping for the best!
lilmamato - YAY on the great hearbeat!!! And hoping that the rest of this time until hurdle 1 flies by for you. I jumped my first hurdle last week but it took me 2 days to go back to fear city again. Hang in there!
TTCbaby - ((HUGS)) on your loss. I'm so very very sorry. But a very big congrats on your new pregnancy. I have a follow up u/s two days before your first u/s, so hoping for good things for us both.
LittleBird - Holy crap!!! Congrats mama!! So excited for you!
nostress - a little over 1 week to go until your first u/s, how exciting! And congrats on your house closing! I'm being pretty lazy too. I was thinking that maybe I ought to at least rake this weekend and get my bum out of the house.
pitakat - Sorry you didn't hear the hb, though yes, if she did the doppler, it could definitely be too early. With my son we didn't pick him up on a doppler until almost 12 weeks! Hooray on the u/s!!!!! Congrats to you mama!
AFM - I've had my head in a hole. It took 2 days for me to come off of my great appointment high and go back to fear city. My doppler comes today and I'm freaking out a little. I know that I may not find it yet, but I want to, I need that reassurance. I'm past hurdle #1, but I keep thinking that I made it past hurdle #1 just to lose it the next week. I look at these "this is where you are at 9 weeks!" and I can't seem to think that I will get there again, and this is despite carrying my first to 26 weeks. I'm a basketcase. So going to try to keep busy today and put some food in the house as I'm starting to get my appetite back a little. Going to visit our three kids at the cemetery too. Wishing all of you a very happy weekend and for a few of you, lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. xoxo

Wishing you wonderful news this week at your u/s to!!

Christiana, I'm sorry you had such a scary dream! :hugs:

So, my OB's office called and my HCG is 7176, and Progesterone is 10.8 My OB recommended that I use progesterone creme until 11 weeks. These betas were done at exactly 8 weeks.

After Fridays scan results, the lack of gestational aging due to the small sac size, no baby visable......I am wondering if using the creme will just prolong a MC?????

Since we are all PAL, I was wondering if anyone has experience using the progesterone creme? What was your outcome/opinion? I could really use some insight. Please let me know, if you are able to share.:shrug: I am so confused and on the fence about this.

Hiya bee... ok your hcg is on the low side but still normal for 8 weeks...now they like to see progesterone over 10 i think the first trimester....anyway not the point...i m not sure about progesterone cream and i m also not sure whether it would prolong mc but here is my experience..with my 1st mc i started bleeding at week 6 and started taking oral progesterone...hb stopped beating somewhere between week 10-12. So you'd think it prolonged it... BUT 2nd mc i started bleeding 6w5d started progesterone orally and mc'ed 2 days later. So i d think that it doesnt have much to do. Sorry if i couldnt give you any clearer answer hun. HUgs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->