PAL, due in 6/2012

PitaKat - good luck for you scan on friday xx

Beeahappy - my oh was a bit funny too this time. I worked out my due date the day after I got my BFP and told him it and he told me he didn't want to think about it until we knew it was all alright :growlmad: He seemed to come round after a few days though

:hugs: and good luck for tonight xx

Christiana, she used a fetal heart rate monitor, like a doppler. She actually wasn't even giong to try because she said I was too early, but then changed her mind and tried anyway, which was really nice of her.

Littlebird- I can't believe it twins!!!! Omg I am so excited for you!!! yay congrats!!!

Wish me luck!!! I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and going in for my first 'new OB' appointment and U/S. I am so excited , but of course all of my PAL friends, I am also frightened. I had rising HCG's last time and a blighted ovum, so I am afraid of a repeat. My fingers are crossed. RAINBOW! RAINBOW!!! RAINBOW!!!!!! I really am very excited:winkwink:

As for DH, I was going to take him to Starbucks last night and have a convo about why he won't talk about the pregnancy....but we ended up in the ER instead. He fell from a flight of stairs off a jet at work and is pretty bruised up, fractured foot too. Poor DH!!!:kiss:

Had my first miscarriage dream last night :( But was happy to wake up to the reality that I'm still pregnant.

Had my first miscarriage dream last night :( But was happy to wake up to the reality that I'm still pregnant.

Nice to have that sense of relief when you wake up from something like that

I've had a lot of those, one just the other night...hate to say it, but the more I have them, the less they seem to get to me. I guess that's a good thing.

Wish me luck!!! I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and going in for my first 'new OB' appointment and U/S. I am so excited , but of course all of my PAL friends, I am also frightened. I had rising HCG's last time and a blighted ovum, so I am afraid of a repeat. My fingers are crossed. RAINBOW! RAINBOW!!! RAINBOW!!!!!! I really am very excited:winkwink:

As for DH, I was going to take him to Starbucks last night and have a convo about why he won't talk about the pregnancy....but we ended up in the ER instead. He fell from a flight of stairs off a jet at work and is pretty bruised up, fractured foot too. Poor DH!!!:kiss:

I hope the appointment goes well! And I know what you're saying about being scared. Even though I'm feeling that the pregnancy is stronger this time around, I still have a moment of panic walking into the doctor's office, like I have to prepare myself just in case...

I'm sure everything will be fine. Post pics!

PitaKat -- I'm sorry about the nightmare. :hugs: I hope you're able to get some restful sleep without any more scares tonight!

Beehappy- I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow, i ve recently read that after 8 week chances of mc fall significantly! I m pretty sure we'll all make it to june!!!

Pitakat- ooowwwww...sorry stupid question then...and i guess this explains why you couldnt her it...totally normal!!

Good news :) Saw baby on the screen, measuring at about an inch and healthy! Saw the little flutter of the heartbeat, and was told that I am 9 wks 1 day along, so June 7 is the due date! So relieved :flower:

Yay for a good scan, PitaKat! I'm glad baby is thriving in there!

Good news :) Saw baby on the screen, measuring at about an inch and healthy! Saw the little flutter of the heartbeat, and was told that I am 9 wks 1 day along, so June 7 is the due date! So relieved :flower:

C O N G R A T S ! ! ! :flower:

I had my first 'New OB' appointment today and scan. The news isn't looking so good, but oddly enough, I really am not too upset. The scan showed a sac that was so small the US wasn't able to give it a gestational age. I have a severely tilted uterus.....so my OB just said, "I see you are up to the same old, same old." (This has happened before, and a baby wasn't visable until almost 9 weeks.) I was in for a scan at 5 weeks with this pregnancy and her associate OB couldn't even find my uterus. I have another scan on 11/14. We will go from there.

They took blood for betas of HCG and Progestrone, I will get them on Monday. But, if I am not mistaken, isn't 8 weeks along when HCG naturally starts to level off and decline a bit??? Not sure why she would order them, but alright then.:shrug:

Honestly, in my heart, I just know this isn't going to be 'the' pregnancy, even though I am totally in love with my little bean.

Aw, Beeahappy1! I'm sorry the appointment didn't go so well. I hope the blood tests come back with good levels. Although, I really don't know what those levels are supposed to be at 8 weeks...

And hopefully by the time you have the next scan, things will be better. You know your body better than anyone, and if you feel that you know where this is heading, I don't want to disagree, but I just want to keep hoping as long as possible, if that's OK. :hugs:

This is terrible that you've been through this so many times and now you're on the same path. Is there anything they can do to help you have a successful pregnancy? I am so sad for you. I will keep hoping as long as possible, but I wish this weren't happening!

PitaKat- Congratulations hun, Bring on June!!

Beehappy1- I m so sorry for your news hun...but maybe your titled uterus is just why they couldnt properly see or measure the sac and it's really just fine? I mean, the fact that they cant measure it because your uterus is titled doesnt necessarily mean the pregnancy is doomed right? As littlebird said, you know your body (i told my dh i wasnt pg anymore 2 days before any bleeding started with my last mc) and i m not trying to play devil's advocate but i still want to hope for positive news for you!Ow and yes, around 8 weeks they start leveling off so dont calculate tripling or doubling times...i think doing hcg is useless after week 5 or 6 but if your dr said so..alright!My thoughts are with you..lots of hugs

Beeahappy1, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you! :hugs:

Bee - I am totally an emotional pinball. I burst into tears about everything and have all but threatened to punch a hole through my coworkers head because she was being rude. Yikes. Really hoping that your conversation with your husband went well. DH and I have been much closer since losing our son last year, but I know I'm lucky. This morning he was complaining because he thought my jeans were too tight and I was crushing the baby. Hoping that you can get through to him (((HUGS))) Wow, I just read your next post - hoping he's okay!!!! And then your next post. Huge ((((HUGS))))) and I will hold your hope right now when it's hard for you to hold it yourself. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
kaboom - Was thinking of paying one of you UK ladies to ship me some chips. My first pregnancy I was visiting the husband's family in Reading and ate a ton of chips and curry and am missing it! Hoping your m/s is still going strong. I know it's a comforting thing to be throwing up at our stage!
chistiana - Congrats on making it past hurdle 1! So very very happy to hear of your great scan!!!!! Hoping the great feelings stay for longer than mine did! I'm 9w4d now (sorry, been a few days since I've been on here). A bunch of women on another forum are getting them and the women who aren't super skinny are hearing the hb on them. Mine should be here today, so hoping for the best!
lilmamato - YAY on the great hearbeat!!! And hoping that the rest of this time until hurdle 1 flies by for you. I jumped my first hurdle last week but it took me 2 days to go back to fear city again. Hang in there!
TTCbaby - ((HUGS)) on your loss. I'm so very very sorry. But a very big congrats on your new pregnancy. I have a follow up u/s two days before your first u/s, so hoping for good things for us both.
LittleBird - Holy crap!!! Congrats mama!! So excited for you!
nostress - a little over 1 week to go until your first u/s, how exciting! And congrats on your house closing! I'm being pretty lazy too. I was thinking that maybe I ought to at least rake this weekend and get my bum out of the house.
pitakat - Sorry you didn't hear the hb, though yes, if she did the doppler, it could definitely be too early. With my son we didn't pick him up on a doppler until almost 12 weeks! Hooray on the u/s!!!!! Congrats to you mama!
AFM - I've had my head in a hole. It took 2 days for me to come off of my great appointment high and go back to fear city. My doppler comes today and I'm freaking out a little. I know that I may not find it yet, but I want to, I need that reassurance. I'm past hurdle #1, but I keep thinking that I made it past hurdle #1 just to lose it the next week. I look at these "this is where you are at 9 weeks!" and I can't seem to think that I will get there again, and this is despite carrying my first to 26 weeks. I'm a basketcase. So going to try to keep busy today and put some food in the house as I'm starting to get my appetite back a little. Going to visit our three kids at the cemetery too. Wishing all of you a very happy weekend and for a few of you, lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. xoxo

Tisiphonie -- that was quite a post! I hope you are able to find a heartbeat with the Doppler quickly, but don't get discouraged if it takes a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->