PAL, due in 6/2012

Since we are all PAL, I was wondering if anyone has experience using the progesterone creme? What was your outcome/opinion? I could really use some insight. Please let me know, if you are able to share.:shrug: I am so confused and on the fence about this.

So sorry you are going through this. I am on progresterone (Crinone). My first bloodtest showed 17 for prog, but steadily declined until it hit about 11.9, got on progesterone that night. I have heard that it won't prolong a pregnancy that is to miscarry anyway--I had the same concern. I've figured that since it doesn't really cause harm to me or the baby, it couldn't hurt. Last time I had it checked, prog was 25.

Bee -- I think I'd probably take the progesterone. I had been prescribed progesterone during the past 6 mos. TTC (during the LP) and it just so happened that once I got pregnant, my progesterone was high enough so I was able to stop taking it. I don't know whether it would prolong a pregnancy that would still end in loss after the 1st trimester. I wish they could do ultrasound and figure out what was happening with the baby and give you a better idea rather than just say take this progesterone and hope for the best. But given the choice, I'd probably take it.

:hugs: So sorry, Bee.
With my MMC they never looked at my progesterone level, but put me on it in hopes that it would 'help' push the baby along (embryo measuring small and with a VERY slow HB). At the ultrasound 10 days later the baby had died, but I wasn't showing any signs of miscarrying and had a D&C. At the time I wondered if the progesterone had only slowed a natural MC, but after reading some of the other stories on here I'm no longer so sure.
I wonder: could you gestational sack have measured so small because they just weren't seeing it correctly? If you have a tilted uterus, then maybe it'll just take some more time before they can see they baby.
I hope everything works out for you. :hugs:

Chistiana: Luckily I haven't had any miscarriage nightmares yet, but I have had dreams about going in for another scan and finding that the baby has died...so, MMC dreams. :cry: I hate it! Why can't we dream about sexy movie stars or adventures in beautiful foreign countries?!?

PitaKat: :happydance: Great news! Do you have a picture of the scan?
Here's mine from 7+3:

:hi: to everyone else!

Attachments

• ultrasound18oct2011.jpg
    ultrasound18oct2011.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
Thank you to everyone for sharing your insight and thoughts on progesterone creme.

I have given it thought and talked to my DH about it. I think that if I had been tested early on, (like at four weeks when I went in for a blood pregnancy test) and had low progesterone then, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

At eight weeks, chances are my decline is due to an eventual MC. (Just my gut feeling.) I dont want to prolong a MC......and end up with a DNC. I had a H O R R I B L E experience with softball size blood clots in 2/2011 after a DNC. I literaly couldn't leave home for two weeks. Grrr!

As much as I want this little bean to thrive, I just don't 'feel' pregnant anymore. I am giving this situation up to the Lord. I think at this point, I need to leave it in his hands. I am going to pray on it tonight.

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words:flower:

:hugs: I wonder: could you gestational sack have measured so small because they just weren't seeing it correctly? If you have a tilted uterus, then maybe it'll just take some more time before they can see they baby.
I hope everything works out for you. :hugs:

This would be an awesome miracle!!! I would LOVE to go in on Monday and hear that everything is just fine.:flower: It is possible with my tilted uterus.

Chistiana: Luckily I haven't had any miscarriage nightmares yet, but I have had dreams about going in for another scan and finding that the baby has died...so, MMC dreams. :cry: I hate it! Why can't we dream about sexy movie stars or adventures in beautiful foreign countries?!?

You're right...i ve been banned from :sex:for the rest of this pregnancy, i sure deserve nice sexy movie star dreams!!!! Great scans btw, sac looks nice and round!

Beeahappy- keep your faith hun and hopefully this is a little miracle. When do you go back to see your dr?

chistiana - I go back on Monday for a follow up U/S. Fingers crossed!

chistiana - I go back on Monday for a follow up U/S. Fingers crossed!

I ve got everything x'ed for you hun...monday is my scan too...lets hope we both meet up here with happy stories to tell!

beeahappy - ive got everything crossed for you hun xx

I had another little bleed yesterday :roll: it was only a tiny amount of light pinky/browny blood mixed in with mucus though. This is the 3rd time ive had it with this pregnancy so im hoping when I see the midwife on thurs that she'll put me through for a scan [-o<

Good luck for the scans on Monday. I hope everyone gets good news!

Kaboom, sorry you're still dealing with the spotting. I hope they can get you in for a scan ASAP!

Kaboom- I hope you can get in soon and you can have a scan to ease you mind...I know how frightening even a bit of spotting is. Hugs!!!!

I had NO IDEA that progesterone gel was several hundred dollars for a 2 week supply. HOLY COW!!!!!! My insurance will cover all but 229.00 of it. Eek!

I have another scan on Monday too. And my first official OB appointment. It will be about 9w2d and my mmc was at 9w3d last time so if it's a good appointment, I think it might go a long way to ease my mind about this little bean.

Bee - Unfortunately I don't have much of an answer on the progesterone cream. I used the suppositories with my last MMC but I don't think progesterone was the issue. Typically docs like to see progesterone above 20 in early pregnancy. Mine was 28.6 this time.
kzboom - Really hoping that bleed goes away and hope you can get you in for an early scan to ease your mind. Spotting is no fun, even if it is normal :(

Going to the doc in 1 hour for scan #3. I'm 10+1 today and TERRIFIED. I keep thinking that the baby made it last time only so I can lose it this time. Still having a lot of symptoms, but I can't fathom seeing a moving happy baby on the screen. Prayers and thoughts and good happy vibes appreciated!!

Tisiphonie -- good luck today! I hope you get some good scan pics this time around. Just think, the symptoms are definitely a good sign. Keep believing that everything is going well with your baby!

Tisiphonie- I did have a chance to read a little bit of yOur blog. It is so hard being pal, especially when you lost a baby as far along as we did. Praying for some peace for both of us!

Tisiphonie...sending you lots of positive vibes hun...everything WILL be ok,,,i ll be waiting for a waving little bean picture!

Lil- i m only a day behind you and also terrified but we'll both be ok!

Kaboom- i m sure it's just spotting hun but hopefully a really good scan will ease your mind very soon! Lots of hugs!

Tisiphonie - hope everything went great today...can't wait to see little bean pics!!!

Just when I say I don't 'Feel' pregnant anymore......last night my boobs were SO sore and I was so queasy! This morning I could hardly keep my eyes open. I felt like I needed a nap at 9am!!!

I am still convinced that is pregnancy is abnormal, but this little bean is putting up a fight:winkwink: I don't feel that pregnant 'bloat' anymore. I haven't in about a week. Just counting down the days till I go in on Monday. I need answers. I feel like I am in limbo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was sick for the first time last night and and I'm feeling queasy again this evening. Looks like that's the sickness finally kicking in. :sick:

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of appointments I'm getting. To explain, I lost my baby girl last June after we found out she was severely disabled and we chose to end the pregnancy at 23 weeks. (Please don't judge, it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I know in my heart we did the right thing.)

Anyway, I fell pregnant at the beginning of this year and when my appointments came through, I was given one to see a consultant as well as the midwife and also my 12 week scan was at the hospital instead of the clinic. Unfortunately, I miscarried at 8 weeks and never made these appointments.

This time I've only been given a midwife booking in appointment and a normal scan at the clinic. I don't know whether to complain just now, or wait until I see the midwife on the 24th and mention my concerns to her.:shrug:

Sorry for the ramblings :wacko:

Tisiphonie- I'm pray all went well at your scan today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->