PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

Welcome to all the new ladies :hugs:

I've had a busy couple of weeks with work and this course i'm on for work so feel like my "8 week mark" has come around quite quickly. I've been feeling a little more positive than when i last posted because i have been feeling so tired and nauseous that i'm sure things must be going well in there! I haven't actually vomited at all but i basically have to snack constantly all day and sit down a lot or i start to feel really vile :sick: I am going to bed earlier and earlier in the evenings and still totally shattered. I know it's all going to be worth it come October but i do worry how i'm going to manage to entertain Toby if i feel like this for another 32 weeks!

We got a letter through with a date for our dating scan but i'm a bit confused as it's on Wednesday and i'll only be 8+5...i thought dating scans had to be after 10 weeks to be accurate? :wacko: I know with Toby our dating scan was at 11+5

I don't dare to ring and point it out to them though, as obviously a huge part of me would love a scan on Wednesday to check everything is still going ok...but at the same time i don't want to have my dating scan at 8+5 and then not get a 12 week scan and have to wait 3 months then for our anomaly scan at 20 weeks...so maybe i should call after all? :shrug:

My first pregnancy I had a scan early, they then said I would get another scan a couple of weeks later at the 12 week mark. Of course I didn't make it that far, but I wouldn't worry at all.

I asked to not have a scan this time until week 12, but they said they could get me in earlier if I wanted to.

Hey Rebaby.
I saw somewhere that dating scans are accurate from 8 weeks onwards.
I had a scan at 7 weeks, and I am having another at 12 weeks. Im sure you could request one at 12 weeks if you do decide to go to your 8 week scan.
Or perhaps pay for a private scan if thats something you could afford?
Hope that helps?
xx

hey girls!!
can i join over here?? im due the 16th of november! im booked into my doctor for next friday and i cant wait to see my baby :)
hey hoping sweet heart how are you?? im sooo glad to see you here :) congrats!!! :hugs:

Hey Mara!!! It's so good to see you back married with a bun in the oven:D I'm doing good so far:thumbup: its awesome to see that so many of us from the pact are pregnant or have given birth! P.s I love your avatar pic!

Hello everyone! May I cautiously join? I'm TTC #1 and just a BFP today after 10 months of trying since my miscarriage last April. I had an early loss at 5wks and 3d or so, so this early time is especially scary for me! I should be due in November. I'm super excited but also really, really nervous.

I know you girls definitely understand this.

I'm not sure what I should be feeling...I have super sore boobs, slight cramping and a pulling and full feeling in my uterus, and even felt slightly nauseaus at the smell of dinner tonight. I had a bit of brown CM earlier today which terrified me but I figure it can still be implantation (I'm 9dpo).

Congrats to all of you! I look foward to getting to know you over the next months. :hugs:

Hi everyone. Hope all is ok! Thanks for the well wishes!

Rebaby if u want to nuchal testing then this has to be done between weeks 11 and 14 so if you went for the scan this week they would have to give u another one at 12. That's what I would do, let's u have another peek at bubba! 8 weeks really is too soon to be dated properly anyway as babies grow at different rates up until 12 weeks xx

Welcome aboard Allie :flower: congratulations on your :bfp:

Thanks for the suggestions re: the scan ladies :thumbup:

OH was asking me this morning what we are going to do about it as he needs to request to start late at work that morning if we're going ahead with it, so in the end i just rang up the scan department and said that i'd had my letter through for my dating scan but just wanted to check it was right as i'd only be 8+5 at the time, and she said yes that's fine and they do dating scans from 8 weeks onwards now. So i asked if i'd get another at 12 weeks as well and she said no, not unless i had requested the nuchal screening (which i haven't- it was offered at my booking in appointment last week but i declined it)

So it looks like this is it- our one and only dating scan is the day after tomorrow!!! :wacko:

Obviously i am excited to be getting to see him/her again so soon after the early reassurance scan we paid for a couple of weeks ago, but at the same time i know the wait in between now and the anomaly scan is going to feel like FOREVER! OH has suggested we change our minds about the nuchal screening to get the extra scan at 12 weeks, but we don't want the nuchal screening so i don't feel it's the right thing to do :nope: I think we may just end up paying for another scan in between now and 20 weeks, as i can't imagine my anxiety levels being very good otherwise!

I stayed awake until 10.30pm last night and felt horrendous for it. I had to go to the bathroom in the night for a wee and seriously thought i was going to pass out in the hallway. I sent OH downstairs for a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes for me as i was starving but half way through i started to feel sick so i gave up and went back to sleep. Felt very rough this morning too, dropped OH at work and driving home in rush hour traffic i felt like i was hungover :sick:

hey girls!!
can i join over here?? im due the 16th of november! im booked into my doctor for next friday and i cant wait to see my baby :)
hey hoping sweet heart how are you?? im sooo glad to see you here :) congrats!!! :hugs:

Hey Mara!!! It's so good to see you back married with a bun in the oven:D I'm doing good so far:thumbup: its awesome to see that so many of us from the pact are pregnant or have given birth! P.s I love your avatar pic!

:happydance: thanx hun im sooo very happy to see you over here and here with me in the november babies!!! :flower:
i know its soo strange to just get married and then suddenly im pregnant after trying for soo long! i was talking to tripleB about this....we are still rooting for meg and dawny but its incredible that we have almost all made it!! :cloud9:
xx

Hi, I've been lurking here for a very long time. I had a m/c in Aug of last year and now we're pregnant again! Can you add me to your list. I am due Nov 16. thanks and good luck to everyone

Afternoon ladies :flower: I got my scan appt through today for 29th march, i should be 7 weeks so hoping to see a nice strong heartbeat, and also get a definate date! Hope everyone is well xxxxx

maratobe, allie, & okc, welcome!!

glitter, congrats on the lovely scan!

bluejoy, i also think that if you're getting worse it is b/c your hormones are still going up.

Welcome to all the new comers:D

Allie- I'm so excited you decided to join the Fall babies thread:happydance: I just knew this was going to be your month because I had some of the same symptoms as you in the 2ww.

Mara- Megg has her next IVF in April so I'm sure it won't be long before she is right here beside us:thumbup: I haven't seen dawny around for a while but I'm still rooting for her too. Some of us are in the Disco Derail thread if you want to pop in and say hello!

Rebaby- good luck at your dating scan:thumbup: I would be the same and get anxious if I didn't get to see baby for so long. I hope you figure out the scan situation.

Thanks for the congrats and welcomes!

I just went and had my first HCG and progesterone draw to see if I need supplements (low progesterone may have caused my first loss, it's uknown but I have tested low for progesterone in the past). Now I'm just waiting for the phone call. My test got darker today though, so I'm feeling happy.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Rebaby: do you mind me asking, how much did your private scan cost you?
We are looking into having one done before our next NHS scan, but have no idea of the cost. Thankyou :flower:
xx

Welcome to all the new comers:D

Allie- I'm so excited you decided to join the Fall babies thread:happydance: I just knew this was going to be your month because I had some of the same symptoms as you in the 2ww.

Mara- Megg has her next IVF in April so I'm sure it won't be long before she is right here beside us:thumbup: I haven't seen dawny around for a while but I'm still rooting for her too. Some of us are in the Disco Derail thread if you want to pop in and say hello!

Rebaby- good luck at your dating scan:thumbup: I would be the same and get anxious if I didn't get to see baby for so long. I hope you figure out the scan situation.

awesome ill come and say hello!! yes meg will be right behind us i can feel it :happydance:

Rebay I think we will be going for a private scan between NHS ones even thoough we have a first one at 12 weeks.

Welcome everyone and congrats on your BFP's.

I am currently exhausted and just about managing to stay awake at work, I am crashing from 7pm onwards now each evening.

Hi Everyone

Glad to hear that everyone is doing OK and feeling positive and experiencing similar symptons. I am so tired 24hrs and have constant nausea. Also weirdly I am always sick a few times a week before I eat anything in the morning. Its awful being sick on an empty stomach:sick:
My experience is completely different to the last pg - so I am hopeful that this baby is growing OK. My OH does not want to do a private scan before the 12w one so I have to ride it out....hope the weeks go quickly :winkwink:

keep positive everyone!! :kiss:

we had our 6-week scan today - i was so nervous! The baby is measuring 6wk3days, so i'm thinking that could just be a later implant, which is fine, and i saw its heartbeat, praise the Lord! Wow - i am quite amazed by technology and just how precious early life is!

hope everyone else is doing well today!

we had our 6-week scan today - i was so nervous! The baby is measuring 6wk3days, so i'm thinking that could just be a later implant, which is fine, and i saw its heartbeat, praise the Lord! Wow - i am quite amazed by technology and just how precious early life is!

hope everyone else is doing well today!

Congrats hun! I had early scan at 7+1 n baby was measuring 6+3 too! They wernt concerned at all as its normal for babies to grow slower at this stage n catch up later on. It's amazing isn't it, even more so in pal.

Welcome to the new ladies!

Can't believe I'm 12 weeks this weekend!!! Still so tired but not as sick xx

Thanks for all the well wishes :hugs: We had a wonderful dating scan this morning, baby is measuring bang on for dates, the heart is beating away nicely and everything is looking just exactly as it should :cloud9:

He/she is due 21st October. OH had to go straight to work afterwards but hopefully i'll be able to stay awake long enough for us to have a mini celebration this evening, even if it's just a mug of hot chocolate before bed :haha:

And here's our little one:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/fakeplasticgirl7/Baby%202/SSL24871.jpg

Rebaby: do you mind me asking, how much did your private scan cost you?
We are looking into having one done before our next NHS scan, but have no idea of the cost. Thankyou :flower:
xx

Not at all. There are loads of places near us but there wasn't much range with the prices really, between about £90 and £100 so we went with baby premier in the end, which was £99 (which includes a £30 non-returnable booking fee and then you pay the rest on the day) I know you can get them cheaper in other parts of the country though as when i was pregnant with Toby i remember ladies on here talking about private scans they'd had elsewhere costing £50/£60. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->