PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

barbie, sorry you've been sick for so long! i started m/s last wednesday, and the strangest thing happened yesterday - i felt pretty normal for about 10 hours!! It scared me a bit, b/c last pregnancy (m/c) the m/s was constant without any breaks. It felt weird not having it for a few hours - i do hope you get to have some breaks in feeling ill all the time. when are you planning to tell everyone at work?

Thanks for the nice words! I remember with the MMC I was sick only in the mornings and when I wouldn't eat enough. This time around it is mostly when I don't get enough sleep. Food doesn't help though! At least not for very long lol. I wind up eating like a horse in the hopes it will stay away a bit longer. It also runs all day long and even at night. I guess I should be glad that the symptoms are different this time? I know what you mean about feeling weird when it goes away. I have days I feel pretty good. Like today I feel alright! Still a little icky but for the most part ok. It makes me feel like something is wrong! Who knew we would rather be sick? :blush:.
As for work I am not sure yet. I told my boss so that I didn't get canned for taking a few days off with my head in the toilet at home. Last time we told everyone at work. I still get people who come up to me and ask to see my belly :cry:. The worst part is knowing how bad I am about to make them feel! I wound up sending an email to everyone and letting them know what happened. We were thinking of telling everyone after the scan at 11 weeks 5 days. I dunno how i feel about that though. Maybe I can just let them find out as I get huger?:winkwink:

Ah barbie sorry you are so sick! Mine is just about subsiding n I'm starting to feel better although my bbs are very tender again.

Well my beautiful neice Taylor May was born by section today. Strangely I don't feel any jealousy or sadness after seeing her (cos of my due date being the same). Im actually very happy n quite overwhelmed by how much love I feel for her! She is our first neice.

X

Congratulations on the birth of your niece hun :hugs:

I have never felt so tired in all my life as i have in this pregnancy but to be fair, i do now have a rotten cold as well as being pregnant so it's hardly surprising really :dohh:

9 weeks today though :happydance:

barbie, i'm glad you get some breaks in the m/s - you're almost to 11wks, so it will be soon before they all know (unless you end up deciding to let your belly do the talking, lol)!

Aquarius, so glad it's gone well between you and your niece!!

rebaby, i've also been really tired - hang in there, and i hope your cold goes away very soon!

I feel Yr pain in the tiredness department ! Can't keep my eyes open past 7 x

oh congratulations on the new niece! I love being an aunty to my 4 year old niece. She looks just like me :happydance:.

Fides- I may just let my belly do the talking! I am all poochy and weird in my tummy from baby bloat anyways. I am surprised no one has noticed!

Great news about your niece.

I too am shattered and can barley keep my eyes open. We are out tonight for our anniversary not sure how I am going to cope being up past 8pm.

Congratulations on the birth of your niece Aquarius! :baby:
And I totally agree with the tiredness and nausea. Its taking over my life! :sick:

Thanks ladies!!

Well I tried again with Doppler this. With gel n a full bladder. Nothing. I'm gutted after trying the other day without success. I have two weeks to wait till scan. I'm really anxious...., flipping thing wish I never bought it.

Aquarius, are you sure it's good? Maybe it's defective and it can pick up your heart but just isn't strong enough for your baby. I'm sorry, that must be a frustrating feeling!

The reason I couldn't buy a doppler is I would panic evey time I couldn't find the heartbeat, even though I know it is hard to find and most people struggle.

Anniversary was lovely :) I stayed up till 11pm too, which is amazing for me at the moment. Holiday to Egypt in two weeks and then when we get back nearly scan time. :)

Aquarius, are you sure it's good? Maybe it's defective and it can pick up your heart but just isn't strong enough for your baby. I'm sorry, that must be a frustrating feeling!

Maybe it's not? I hope so. I'm gonna put it back in eBay as I don't need this stress. It's a sonoline b which is 2mz. Anyone know if this is strong?? Mw found baby immediately at my bloods appt when I was 10+5 !!

Anyone thinking if getting one take my advice n don't bother!!

I had an angelsounds doppler when i was pregnant with Toby, my MIL bought it because she knew how desperate i was to get one. The first time we used it we were able to find the HB fairly quickly, and we all listened on the headphones, including MIL and it was really lovely. The next couple of times i tried to use it though i couldn't find anything, and one of those occasions, the reason i was listening in was because i was a bit worried i hadn't felt baby move for a couple of hours, then when i couldn't find the HB i got really distressed and it was just horrible. Obviously baby was fine though. I sold the doppler and vowed i wouldn't get one again as i think they cause more worry than they alleviate iyswim?

I've been feeling a little anxious the past couple of days, i still have this bloody cold, although it's moved on from being like a head cold now to being a horrible chesty cough, and i do feel awful but the more i think about it, the more i think that i don't have as many pregnancy symptoms as i did before the cold. I'm still tired and peeing all the time but my morning nausea seems to have disappeared and i don't feel like my boobs are as sore...i seem to remember that my symptoms faded at about 8 weeks when i was pregnant with Toby though and that it's quite common as the rate of the HCG starts to slow when the placenta takes over, so the common sense side of my brain is telling me not to panic, but the emotional side of my brain is thinking- is this going to end in another mmc? :(

hello ladies congrats to you all, if you don't mind i would like to join you here!!! Oh aquarious now you having me think im gonna bring myself more stress as i ordered a doppler online last night

Hello girls - can I join here - finally feeling brave enough! I'm in my last week of 1st tri for the first time in the last 4 pgs!!!!!:happydance:

Rebaby:friends: - my symptoms have definitely changed over last couple of weeks but scans show chilli bean still going strong. My nausea has faded to just feeling a bit acidy and full from about 4pm. I'm defo not so exhausted. But I'm all spotty!!! Especially on my chest!!

Hello girls - can I join here - finally feeling brave enough! I'm in my last week of 1st tri for the first time in the last 4 pgs!!!!!:happydance:

Rebaby:friends: - my symptoms have definitely changed over last couple of weeks but scans show chilli bean still going strong. My nausea has faded to just feeling a bit acidy and full from about 4pm. I'm defo not so exhausted. But I'm all spotty!!! Especially on my chest!!

On the subject of dopplers - I know I would drive myself completely mad with worry if I had one!!!

Repo, so good to see you over here!

Chilli, welcome!! i remember you from TTCAL.

hmmm, i'm thinking i probably shouldn't get a doppler and just trust that each ob/gyn visit will be okay when we reach that point. so sorry for those that it's been less than a blessing for.

so, i heard about a friend of a friend who found out she was pregnant when she was in her 4th month - she'd been trying for like 6 years and had given up. She went to get a shot and they told her she should test for pregnancy before getting the shot. Can you imagine just not worrying about pregnancy until you're already in the 2nd trimester?

Omg that would be heaven. My sister didn't know until the end of her 3rd month. I WISH I had waited to test. Hind sight as they say....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->