PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

Anyone heard from Mrs. Wells in a while? Don't think she has posted in a bit....

Hi ladies, I'm having a bit of a wobble tonight, am convinced I'm going to lose this LO. I cant believe how attached I am already, just feeling very scared at every niggle and twinge. Really want a scan but know I'd be too early to see anything anyway.

anyone heard from srm and how she got on?

lora, its amazing isnt it just how quickly we fear the worst. I have thankfully never suffered a MC, but I always thought no pain would come close to losing Alex (this isnt to say I dont think a MC is devestating, but its different), BUT since being pregnant this time, its all I've thought about and realise now just how much it would hurt, you start making dreams the moment youre pregnant.

You dont know how many weeks you are yet do you? so maybe you will have a scan soon to see whats what in there? x

anyone heard from srm and how she got on?

lora, its amazing isnt it just how quickly we fear the worst. I have thankfully never suffered a MC, but I always thought no pain would come close to losing Alex (this isnt to say I dont think a MC is devestating, but its different), BUT since being pregnant this time, its all I've thought about and realise now just how much it would hurt, you start making dreams the moment youre pregnant.

You dont know how many weeks you are yet do you? so maybe you will have a scan soon to see whats what in there? x

I've not had one either, I think thats why I'm worried so much, is it something like 1 in 5 end in m/c? Well, this is my fifth baby and Ive not had one yet, I feellike this must be my 1 in 5, that the odds are stacked against me. bloody statistics.
I thought I'd be a bit more relaxed this time round, dont think I'm going to be though. Tests are getting darker though, thats a good sign, right?
Going off the digi and when Amy started sleeping through I think I'm probably 4 weeks and a couple of days.
hen would they be able to see anything? I know with Amy at 5 weeks just an empty sac, at 7 weeks baby with h/b and yolk. I dont know whether to ask gp to do my bloods or if that will just worry me more if they arent doubling. Its so stressful. I want to skip to 12 weeks, but then i know i'll want to skip to 20 weeks, 24 weeks...birth, past 5 days old....the worry never goes, does it? Sorry for the long waffle! Its hard not havibng anyone to talk about it too xxxx

I think its 1/4 so you're already past the statistics, but its just an average :( I know statistics are important to follow guidelines etc, but its no way of guaging if you will have a loss or not, god I dont want to upset or offend anyone!

I had a scan at 4+4, 5+2 and 6+2 and the 6+2 was the first 'certain' scan of a pregnancy (with Daisy). So I wouldnt go before then personally. Also I wouldnt have bloods either, my bloods (again with Daisy) didnt double at all, over halved but not near double, and it made them and me worry more! then cause I was in the did my obs and my pulse rate was up and they made me stay in until it came down, and it was just one thing after another when if I was having a 'normal' pregnancy wouldnt have had any of them worries. Hope that makes sense?

:hugs:

I think its 1/4 so you're already past the statistics, but its just an average :( I know statistics are important to follow guidelines etc, but its no way of guaging if you will have a loss or not, god I dont want to upset or offend anyone!

I had a scan at 4+4, 5+2 and 6+2 and the 6+2 was the first 'certain' scan of a pregnancy (with Daisy). So I wouldnt go before then personally. Also I wouldnt have bloods either, my bloods (again with Daisy) didnt double at all, over halved but not near double, and it made them and me worry more! then cause I was in the did my obs and my pulse rate was up and they made me stay in until it came down, and it was just one thing after another when if I was having a 'normal' pregnancy wouldnt have had any of them worries. Hope that makes sense?

:hugs:

Totally makes sense, very similar to me with Amy. On my first scan they scanned me and told me i wasnt pg, but did bloods which were 20. Aain they said i wasnt preg. In 48 hours it rose to 28, this time they said i was going to lose the baby.

2 weeks later I had another scan which showed an empty sac which I was told could be a cyst. HCG was finally doubling so was then told they were worried it was ectopic.

Finall 2 weeks latern we saw a h/b! Those 4 weeks were horrendous, I couldnt eat or sleep, so definately dont want a scan before 6 weeks. Was ur 6+2 scan internal? xxx

Seems we had similar experiences then. I wanted this pregnancy to be less medically managed, but the more I get into pregnancy the more reassurance I need. I also wanted to let baby come naturally but doubt that would be an option either, and tbh I'm not comfortable with it being an option now!

Yes the scan was internal, I had one privately at 7+ something which was a tummy scan. Then with this one had one at 9+2 tummy scan which is in my siggy. I'd say go 7+ for a scan if you need one, but dont push yourself too far without having one, I wish I went at 8 weeks, I was 'fine' til then but that extra week waiting I was a mess :( x

Going to try and get in Dr's for Thursday, so will ask about a scan then. Am really hoping that I'm going to get the same level of care as last time but I'm not sure with it being 2nd baby after Eve, same as you. I wouldnt feel comfortable going over either, though luckily, touch wood, Ive never had any serious complications in pregnancy. Thankful I tend to go into labour a few days before edd which has saved me the worry!

Im going out for lunch tomorrow with one of my best friends. She was 3 months ahed of me with Eve so we were pregnant together and she's been really supportive. She's now 12 weeks pregnant again so we are both expecting together again, I hope this time we get chance to do all the 'baby things' together. Am dying to tell her, but I'm scared aswell in case yet again I'm the one with empty arms xxxx

omg how weird. me and my best friend shared our first pregnancies together too. her baby was due a month after Alex - she got her baby, we didnt :cry: now she is a week ahead of me and I am shitting it. I'm convinced its a sign, too much de ja vu, and I will be left with empty arms again :cry: I hate that shes pregnant, but I know its my irrational fears rather than me not being happy for her iykwim?

I had PE both times and had to have them out at 38 weeks, hoping for a 37-38 week induction this time too!

Good luck with the doctors, hope they manage to sort a scan for you. The midwife told me it doesnt matter how many babys you have the fact is Eve still died, thats never going to change so you will always need the extra care and support, and they will want to give you it too :hugs: x

omg how weird. me and my best friend shared our first pregnancies together too. her baby was due a month after Alex - she got her baby, we didnt :cry: now she is a week ahead of me and I am shitting it. I'm convinced its a sign, too much de ja vu, and I will be left with empty arms again :cry: I hate that shes pregnant, but I know its my irrational fears rather than me not being happy for her iykwim?

I had PE both times and had to have them out at 38 weeks, hoping for a 37-38 week induction this time too!

Good luck with the doctors, hope they manage to sort a scan for you. The midwife told me it doesnt matter how many babys you have the fact is Eve still died, thats never going to change so you will always need the extra care and support, and they will want to give you it too :hugs: x

Thanks hun , really 'glad' i have someone to share this journey with, whether it turns out good or bad, with someone who understands. Though I really wish you didnt, iykwim :hugs: xxxxx

so sorry Niamh :hugs:
i had an ectopic last year, so im here if you need to talk....

welcome to all the new ladies :hi:

hi to everyone else!

xx

So sorry I have been MIA! I went on a vacation to Georgia and got back on Monday. I have been so sick from morning sickness I have been staying away from the computer lately. I had my first ultrasound and we were able to see the heartbeat. DH almost cried. I was also so relieved, but so consumed with nausea I felt like I wasn't totally present. Anyway, welcome to so many new ladies I will add you all to the list. And Niahm I am so, so sorry!! Rest well and in time hopefully, we will catch you on this list again soon!

Okay, the front post is updated, please let me know if I have forgotten anyone or if I have your date wrong. Thanks!!

Thanks for adding me and congrats on your scan Mrs.Wells

morning ladies, how is everyone doing? Im still anxiously waiting for my dating scan appt to come through, so worried that buba is not ok...had scan at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat but still dont believe there is something in there!!

Had a lots of dull heaches this week and the nausea seems worse than ever...

Hope every one is feeling nice n rubbish too! lol x

once a heartbeat is detected the MC rate does go down :hugs: Its hard not to fear the worse. Do you have a doppler? I listen in to Bertie with a doppler and its really reassuring. x

once a heartbeat is detected the MC rate does go down :hugs: Its hard not to fear the worse. Do you have a doppler? I listen in to Bertie with a doppler and its really reassuring. x

What doppler have u got and when can it pick a heartbeat up from? I'm just waiting on my scan date, excited and nervous all rolled into one! xxx

This is the one I have https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Home-Ultrasound-MAS-Baby-watcher-/170612653442?pt=UK_Baby_Maternity_Pregnancy_MJ&hash=item27b94e7d82#ht_683wt_1139 Its really good, I found Daisy at 9+3 and Bertie 9+5/6. You dont need earphones which is what I like and its similar to the one the midwife uses :thumbup:

are you getting an early scan? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"