• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

It does. Go with what feels right for you and your baby. Please don't let one midwife spoil this for you.

Big :hug:

Pip x

I am proud to announce the birth of our son, Rowen Robert, born on Oct. 17 at 11:21 pm. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs and 22 in. long and is healthy and beautiful baby.

Rowen arrived nearly two weeks late, much to the consternation of his parents. I began the day on Monday with the midwife trying to jumpstart the labor process, beginning with a third sweep, drinking some herbal concoction every hour, and spending lots of time on the breast pump—and it worked! I started to go into labor around 6:00 pm, and my contractions started at 3 minutes apart so things progressed rather quickly. We arrived at the birthing center by 8:00 and spent most of the time in the birthing pool. I was hoping for a water birth, but it was not destined to be. I ended up pushing for a really long time; he was actually crowning for an hour, but his big head just wasn’t coming out, so the midwife ended up having to do an episiotomy, and he was born shortly afterward. But he survived being in the birth canal for so long like a real champ, his heart rate never really dropped, and he only had minimal bruising, and he worked up a real appetite. He nursed quite soon after the birth for nearly an hour. He continues to nurse well and is overall doing great. I am, however, confined to the bed to nurse my war wounds (swelling doesn’t want to go down) and am looking forward to being able to sit up and hold my baby properly, though we enjoying lots of cuddles here in bed.

Thanks ladies for all your support. We just past the date of my miscarriage, so this little baby is a double blessing.

Attachments

• _MG_4529.jpg
    _MG_4529.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
kyleigh michelle riegel was born at 901 am this morning 10/22 by emergency c section! Was admitted to hospital for labor and whed doctor came in early this morning to break my water she decided she didnt like having contractions anymore as her heartbeat dropped to 55 and wouldnt come back up!!!! She came into the world weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inchs long, but she is beautiful and perfect!!!!

WTG ladies! \o/

I'm so happy for you both. :happydance: Congrats!

Jcg, Rowan is just gorgeous!

Repogirl, Kyleigh is a beautiful name. She's so tiny and I'm glad that all went well to spite the c-section. Praise God for such lovely outcomes ladies!! :hug:

Congratulations to you both. I'm so happy that you have your rainbow babies.

:hugs:

Pip x

Jcg, Rowan is just lovey, so happy for you.

Repogirl, great news, glad that they got Kayleigh out safely.

Both of you have fun with your new bundles.

I think mine is just way too comfortable in my belly. I went to hospital yesterday as I was leaking, they decided they wanted to check me out. Pickle would not stop moving and they kept telling me my baby needed to calm down. They happily let me go home saying my baby was very active and clearly quite happy in there. On the down side it was normal discharge so nothing happening for me right now.

I am proud to announce the birth of our son, Rowen Robert, born on Oct. 17 at 11:21 pm. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs and 22 in. long and is healthy and beautiful baby.

Rowen arrived nearly two weeks late, much to the consternation of his parents. I began the day on Monday with the midwife trying to jumpstart the labor process, beginning with a third sweep, drinking some herbal concoction every hour, and spending lots of time on the breast pump—and it worked! I started to go into labor around 6:00 pm, and my contractions started at 3 minutes apart so things progressed rather quickly. We arrived at the birthing center by 8:00 and spent most of the time in the birthing pool. I was hoping for a water birth, but it was not destined to be. I ended up pushing for a really long time; he was actually crowning for an hour, but his big head just wasn’t coming out, so the midwife ended up having to do an episiotomy, and he was born shortly afterward. But he survived being in the birth canal for so long like a real champ, his heart rate never really dropped, and he only had minimal bruising, and he worked up a real appetite. He nursed quite soon after the birth for nearly an hour. He continues to nurse well and is overall doing great. I am, however, confined to the bed to nurse my war wounds (swelling doesn’t want to go down) and am looking forward to being able to sit up and hold my baby properly, though we enjoying lots of cuddles here in bed.

Thanks ladies for all your support. We just past the date of my miscarriage, so this little baby is a double blessing.

Congratulations and well done! :hugs: What a lovely photo :flower:

kyleigh michelle riegel was born at 901 am this morning 10/22 by emergency c section! Was admitted to hospital for labor and whed doctor came in early this morning to break my water she decided she didnt like having contractions anymore as her heartbeat dropped to 55 and wouldnt come back up!!!! She came into the world weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inchs long, but she is beautiful and perfect!!!!

Congratulations and well done! :hugs:

It's wonderful to hear of all these PAL babies making their entrances.

Hope it isn't much longer for you now hippylittlej :thumbup:

Belated congrats Shelleney! Congrats to Repogirl and Jcg too! So many babies since last I checked this thread. Amazing job ladies. Have swift recoveries!

oh, so happy for you!!! congratulations!! LOVE the picture! :happydance:

oh, so glad she's okay now, and congratulations! :happydance:

i'm so happy for you both. :flower:

Nothing happening here as yet, getting really fed up now. My midwife also told me they will not do a sweep until I am 40+10 as they consider it an infection risk :(

I've been admitted to hospital and be induced tomorrow. My sugar levels were unsatisfactory and combined with a shrinking bump and a quiet baby today they decided they'd monitor me then induce! I just hope everything is ok!

hippy, :hugs: hopefully you won't have to wait for the sweep. ;)

fairy, hope everything is okay with baby, and that things go smoothly for you today!

repo, your new avatar makes me smile. :)

Hi Ladies, I havent been able to get online for a while, I am so happy for all you ladies who have met your little ones! Congratulations to you all. Good luck to all you still waiting, cant wait to meet this one, but think it is going to keep us waiting. My 4 year old says its shy! Thinking of you all x x

Repo, LOVE the new avatar dear! :hugs: Congrats ladies on your new bundles of joy! :hug:

My daughter Kaylee was born 10-19-11 at 4:07 a.m. weighing 5lbs 10oz and 17 inches long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"