PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Sequeena when I was pregnant with Saraya her bladder had soft tissue markers and the sonographer was all freaked out and when I saw my consultant about it the next week she was like No everything is fine U/S can often flag stuff that isn't there and vice versa because it's not an exact science [hence people get the sex wrong] plus they told me by U/S that Saraya was measuring small and a week before she was born was only 6lb... well she was 7lb 10oz when she was born and I doubt she gained all that in a week!!
I know it sounds silly to say don't worry but try not to worry until you KNOW something is wrong!
<3

Aaisrie nice to know it was ok with Saraya. I've googled some stuff Sequeena and they say rest can help and drinking plenty. Good excuse to stay in bed for a week I say :haha:

I know Pip but when they told me that crap back then, as a first time mum especially I freaked the hell out and then the consultant was like WTF why are you overreacting LOL I wasn't it was just totally unknown territory whereas this time I'm so much calmer... I mean naturally I'm a bit of a hippy mama.. I would walk barefoot if I didn't have gravel and a mudlane outside LOL But it's scary when you don't know about this stuff.. I have my 20W on Friday and I think if anything flagged up then I'd take it with a pinch of salt really.. Even my MIL when she was having her eldest they told her his head was really small and she had nightmares her whole pregnancy and he came out totally normal...

Oh totally, I'm just trying to look for advise on the net and it does say rest and fluid can increase fluid on a number of sites, thought it might help. I've had nightmares, literally, about my 20W scan Friday for the last few weeks. Not sure I'll take anything they flag up with a pinch of salt though :dohh: I'm a worrier :( . I know it won't stop there either even if it is all clear as with Sam I worried right up until birth and even then wouldn't let him sleep anywhere than with me so I could check on him throughout the night. I've been worrying tonight whether she really has got the gender right, stupid as it's plain as day every time I look at the DVD. DH told me to stop and accept she really is a girl. :dohh:

I SHOULD be a worrier... but since getting pregnant with Saraya I got more chilled out and this pregnancy have been even more chilled... I mean considering everything I've gone through with this pregnancy I should be FREAKING OUT 24/7! What's for me won't go past me! I've got a real peace about it... maybe that's because everything really is going to be okay for once!

Aw sequeena - dOnt fret honey. It is too soon to put yourself and baby under the stress and trauma of a bad diagnosis when there isn't one yet. I have had the bad diagnosis and if there is one thing you can do for the baby it is stay calm and relax. If your fluid is low then even more so. Don't let fear spoil the only thing you can offer.

When baby comes it will be perfect to you no matter what is wrong. You'll do your best and you need to trust in yourself that your best is enough.

Baby will be fine with one kidney. It isn't all that rare at all. Take a deep breath, find your inner strength and concentrate on making it to your fetal med scan. Hugs

Aw sequeena - dOnt fret honey. It is too soon to put yourself and baby under the stress and trauma of a bad diagnosis when there isn't one yet. I have had the bad diagnosis and if there is one thing you can do for the baby it is stay calm and relax. If your fluid is low then even more so. Don't let fear spoil the only thing you can offer.

When baby comes it will be perfect to you no matter what is wrong. You'll do your best and you need to trust in yourself that your best is enough.

Baby will be fine with one kidney. It isn't all that rare at all. Take a deep breath, find your inner strength and concentrate on making it to your fetal med scan. Hugs

Stupid Tories, just been told I'm losing one of my responsibilities at school from either April or July becuase they are cutting our training shool status so it means a £4000 pay cut just like that. Grrrrrrrrr looks like it's going to be even harder to save money now and will effect how long I have off with my babies :(

Stupid Tories, just been told I'm losing one of my responsibilities at school from either April or July becuase they are cutting our training shool status so it means a £4000 pay cut just like that. Grrrrrrrrr looks like it's going to be even harder to save money now and will effect how long I have off with my babies :(

What a nightmare for you. And its only gonna get worse, I reckon this is only the start of what they'll do!!! I could think of much stronger words than 'stupid tories' but I won't because I'm a lovely polite lady :smug:

Thanks Sassy, it's put me in a really bad mood tonight poor DH is trying his hardest to cheer me up. Even making his famous chunky chips in duck fat which will help cheer me up a bit but it means any plans of going part time etc are out of the window too. Thankfully I'm head of my department so I'm very last on the list to get rid of if they need to make redundancies to the smaller departments and thankfully have more than proved my worth in the last 5 years. I had a good chat with the head, as we get on quite well, and she said this year she won't need to sack anyone but can't guarantee the future. All teachers we'll have to be more flexible and teach more than one or two subjects to keep our jobs. She basically won't replace people when they leave and we'll have to teach right up to our max. Each pupil is worth thousands of pounds to us so recruitment is going to be everything (sixth form and lower school) and bigger class sizes is also an option, an extra pupil in each class can pay for a newly qualified teacher for a year. But, yes education is looking rubbish right now after saying it won't be effected, oh and jobs, you have to be kidding there is only maternity covers advertised at the moment for art and a few ones up north. My poor student teachers are going to have a hard time. People are too scared to move...... happy days huh :shrug:

Pip firstly enjoy the chips.

Then - don't get me started on all this. Apart from the fact I'm married to a looney leftie, who's the labour link officer for Notts branch of Unison and works a third of his time doing union work. I just don't get all thats going on, how on earth putting loads of people out of work, so more people claiming benefit, and less money being spent in economy, how can doing this help this country??? We're like you we both work in public sector jobs, I know as I do freelance work these days in schools my days of easy work may be numbered. Rob works in NHS which is also risky. Its a real nightmare.

I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about job wise, its just a nightmare what you're going through!

Love Sarah x

Oh Pip that really sucks :[

It's good to see you around Sarah <3

Oh Pip that really sucks :[

It's good to see you around Sarah <3

You cheered me up this morning my dear :flower:

Went to see the flowers, or lack of them this afternoon, they've basically obliterated them. When I saw them I just burst out laughing. I've put a picture on facebook, talk about before and after. We're trying tulips now, fingers crossed.

xxx

I keep trying to comment on your fb sassy but my fb is completely fooked. It's hardly letting me do anything, I can't even change my damn profile pic which I had a mini meltdown about last night :growlmad:

Those bloomin rabbits though!

Thanks ladies feel better for a rant :blush: so tired I burst into tears when I spoke to my Mum. How come she makes me do that it's like a child again. Comfort I guess :dohh:

Sam has a hospital appointment tomorrow as he keeps getting ear trouble so I'm hoping he'll give me a lay in.

*sigh*

I keep trying to comment on your fb sassy but my fb is completely fooked. It's hardly letting me do anything, I can't even change my damn profile pic which I had a mini meltdown about last night :growlmad:

They're certainly sat around with fat tummies :haha:

We're animal lovers so don't really mind, I can handle the rabbits eating the flowers. Now someone leaving a red rose and not finding out who did it is driving me insane :dohh:

We're animal lovers so don't really mind, I can handle the rabbits eating the flowers. Now someone leaving a red rose and not finding out who did it is driving me insane :dohh:

Little minxes I bet Archie has a lovely time watching them :haha: you know what boys are like probably encouraged them!

oooh intriguing! Hope you find out soon :) Might have just been someone visiting and had a flower to spare?

Pippin I'm alright. Just taking it one day at a time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->