PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Copying and pasting this from our July group thread. I'm still praying for a miracle for them...:

Just had an update from Kel. So sorry to say that its the update we hoped wouldn't happen. He was too starved of oxygen and although he's still with us, doctors have told her there is no hope and that she is going to lose him. Just so so devastated for her.

Oh that is awful:( poor poor family.

Glad to see everyone is ok and uncomfortable as I am!

The bh have moved up a gear now and they hurt:( I think she must be engaging as she can't get any lower and there is a lot of pressure during the bh.

We should start guessing who is going to bectye next baby! It could be any of us!

Emma I've had BH like that for the last week, even going regular like contractions!

Poor Kelly has a daughter already, Abbie, who has aspergers and now she's having to deal with this...

Absolutely heartbreaking and so cruel. I can find no rhyme or reason why such terrible things happen, lots of love and hugs to this poor family xxx

Copying and pasting this from our July group thread. I'm still praying for a miracle for them...:

Just had an update from Kel. So sorry to say that its the update we hoped wouldn't happen. He was too starved of oxygen and although he's still with us, doctors have told her there is no hope and that she is going to lose him. Just so so devastated for her.

So very sad, i will be thinking of her. Xx

I think the next person will be you Eve ...... no way can there be any more room in your little body! ;-)

It is awful news and so heartbreakingfor ur friend eve my heart goes out to them x

5 wks left for me nerves about labour kicking in now and keep getting loads of pressure down below and bh x

Hope everyone else ok x

LOL Caroline! I think Heva will go before I will!!! Although my cervix is showing signs of sheer objection right now!

I'm hoping little man comes in 2 wks I'm so impatient to meet him now lol

LOL I'd rather mine stayed in longer than not... especially after everything that's happened with Kelz

Yeah know what u mean I want to get to 37 wks now x But it's killing me ATM wish could sleep for reminder lol x

Oh no!! :( That is so horrible!! :cry: I cant even imagine being in her shoes. Have they asked for a 2nd opinion? Is there ANY way that a miracle can happen? I mean apparently he's still alive when they didn't expect him to live through the first night. I've seen miracles happen and I pray it happens for them. But even if not, I pray his passing is peaceful and that Kelly be surrounded by those who love her and will help support her through this. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

So who here is getting close to their due date? Anyone?

My sister is about 32 weeks pregnant and back at 29 weeks she suddenly went into labor. Luckily they got it stopped and all seems well for now. Even though she and I don't have a relationship really (not my fault, it's mostly thanks to my psychotic mother but that's another story for another day) I was really scared for her and the baby. She has one son, my nephew who is 2 going on 3 years old so I knew going into early pre-term labor was gonna be difficult as it would mean bedrest for the remainder of her pregnancy and juggling a toddler. I just pray that I don't go into early labor too.
Luckily everything was fine when I had Bryson. I had to be induced at 38+6. Was starting to get very early PE and the doc wasn't about to fool around with it especially since I was considered full term at that point anyways so they induced me. But I also know that every pregnancy is different so I guess we will see.

Meanwhile, I have a doctor appt this wed at 1:30 pm. They plan on scanning me to see if we see a gest sac and hopefully a yolk sac. I will be 4 weeks + 5 days. My GYN took care of me last year with my MMC so she isn't taking any risks and is doing early scans and such. She will also order bloods for an hcg and progesterone count. So fingers crossed it will all be good news. After this point she will refer me to another ob gyn who will monitor me for the remainder of my pregnancy and will deliver the baby. To be honest, I'll miss her. She's looked after me for so long now and handled our awful mmc in such a caring compassionate way. The morning before my d&c she cleared her schedule for only us to have me scanned one more time to reassure me that the pregnancy was indeed over so that I'd have no doubts or wonders later on and then sent me straight over to the hospital for the d&c. I was so touched that she gave us such personal care, her and her office staff. I can only hope my new doc will be just as great. But anyhoo!

My hubby, our 2 kids and I are headed down to Florida for the weekend this coming weekend and bringing back 2 kittens that we're adopting. I cant wait! :) The only thing is that it's about an 8 hour drive. So I've already warned hubby that we will need to stop and let me stretch my legs frequently to keep the blood flowing. He is fine with it (of course) but it will add on to our trip time so we plan to leave here Friday morning at 4am to beat morning rush hour commuters as we have to drive through Atlanta. But anyhoo, anyone have any little tips that helps make road trips a tad easier while pregnant? I mean I realize that I'm not huge yet but with the fatigue I've got and peeing more I want this trip to go as smoothly and easily as possible.

Heva, is this your first? If so the pressure is usually increased as your pelvis has never been stretched out from this before. I hope it's a good sign for you and labor comes soon in the next 3 weeks or so. Has the doc/mw checked you yet to see what station baby is at (ie +3 +2, etc.) and if you're dilating at all yet?

Well I guess that's about it for now. I'll let you all know how Wed's appt goes afterward. TTFN. :flower:

Good luck for Wednesday Kimberly! And good luck to your sister I hope she makes it to full term :hugs: and I need to see pics of kittens :D

I finally got round to buying a crib mattress and set today so here's Thomas' crib ready and waiting for him
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/246968_2112391694549_1388356992_2481256_6519489_n.jpg

:cloud9:

Heva, is this your first? If so the pressure is usually increased as your pelvis has never been stretched out from this before. I hope it's a good sign for you and labor comes soon in the next 3 weeks or so. Has the doc/mw checked you yet to see what station baby is at (ie +3 +2, etc.) and if you're dilating at all yet?

This is my 5th Kimberley and his head really well down x I'm nxt fir due dates x

I def think heva will be first followed by eve, then maybe even pip before me!

I don't remember struggling this much do early last time but I just know sods law sats she will be late and I won't get my homebirth.

I had such bad bh last night. I'd have mistaken them for contractions but they lasted random lengths. Almost went for the paracetamol. Roll on 3 weeks so I can relax and not care whether "it happening" or not lol.

Eve - how is your friend's boy doing? I didn't hear whether anything had happened. Still thinking of them xx

Gorgeous crib/cot sequeena!

I think this one will be late Emma but can't remember feeling this crap or worn out with others either x

Emma I've been having regular BH for the last week but they tail off after a few hrs but I've been at that point where I'm like "Is this it?"

We haven't been updated on Evan, I heard that Kel got to cuddle him last night but I don't know if that's a "there's nothing else we can do" type cuddle or what..... We all lit candles for them last night as a sign of unity.

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update...

Summer's nursery is coming along nicely, although i have pulled my back out putting some curtains up yesterday and now walk like John Wayne! Her cot's are due to arrive either at the end of this week or the beginning of next. Once it's finished i will take pics and post them on here.
I have been feeling a bit emotional lately .... On Sat morning i was convinced she hadn't moved in her regular patterns and so Jimmy talked to her and she kicked him in the head as usual and then all of a sudden i was crying because i couldn't bear to not bring her home now.
I also have no energy and am shattered most of the time so i don't think that helped much!
My BH have eased off a bit too, now i only get them every so often for a short time.
I have my check-up with the Midwife tomorrow so i can't wait to hear Baby Griff's heartbeat. Sometimes i wish i had a doppler but i don't think i could be disciplined enough not to freak out and use it all the time so mostly i am glad i don't have one!

Jimmy and i are off to Chester Zoo on friday so that should be good fun.

Hope everyone else is ok. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->