PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

He's so much better than he was... gave us a right scare when he was in hospital but he's home now and thriving. He weighs 8lbs :D how's your 2 munchkins? xx

Doing good here- growing like weeds :D they are at that stage though where they want to CONSTANTLY be entertained but really can't play much to entertain themselves :dohh: Makes for a tired Mama! lol

We're good thanks. Getting into a good routine and coping with 2 under 2 ok (well he's now slightly over two but there is only a few days in it). Nursing is going well and nights are getting better. Normally a 2am and 6am wake up with the odd stirring here and there. DH is still in the spare room so it means I can co-sleep when I'm too tired to stay up and feed. She seems to like her sleep so that suits me fine. Not much sleeping in the day, cat naps really but I don't mind that.

Hi everyone!
Summer is 1 month old today and doing great! She is waking for a feed roughly 2-3 times a night, depending on when she went to bed and is getting into a routine well.
She was weighed at baby clinic when she was 2 weeks old and had put on alb so weighed 10 lb 14oz! She is mummy's chunky monkey! Xx

Aw LG that's fab. Adélie weighs 10pm exactly I got her weighed yesterday, she's 5 weeks bless and 56 cm long now (no idea what a birth mine don't measure then). Are you bfing LG? Adélie has set her own bed time. Down at 8:30 now swaddled in her crib. Sleeps until 2:30 the wakes again at 5 but seems to get gripping pain then and is unsettled and crying on and off until 7 when I get a cup of tea from DH and I try the 'poo position' hoping she can get rid. Sometimes it works sometimes it does.

How's all today?

Morning all kaydon is piling on weight over 5lb since birth still bfing and he now sleeps from 10pm til 7 yay today is my first session back at the gym so gonna ache likea bitch tomoz x

Pippin - Summer was 51 cms at birth an 56 cms at 3 weeks old.
I stopped breast-feeding after 2 weeks. Summer was feeding around 13 times a day and not getting enough milk so was hungry and this was making me upset and dreading feeding because it hurt. I came to the decision that me crying while feeding her was doing neither of us any good ... A happy baby has a happy mummy!

Heva - i too am trying to get the baby weight off. I lost nearly 2 stone a week after giving birth but have stalled now at 9 stone 10 lb. My pre pregnancy weight was 8 stone 7 lb and i would like to get near to that but I'm just so tired that other than going on my powerplate, I'm not doing much else exercise wise! Summer gets baptised a week on Saturday and i want to look good in a dress dammit!!

Hey everyone! Great to see everyone doing so well!!!

We are good too - at last! My son seems to have the urge to poke her eyeballs under control and bfing is going really well! I was panicking because she fell off her growth line by quite a bit but l realized those charts aren't accurate for bf babies. On and chart she is doing well!

I started swimming lessons last week. Who'd have thought it was so complicated! I thought I could swim! The weight seems to be coming off with bfing alone.

Question about bf poo - does your babies look like yellow snot? How do you stop it exPloding out the nappy? I have tried bigger nappies, thicker nappies but it doesn't absorb. I am still waiting for my cloth nappies.

Happy 6 weeks Adélie :yipee: She also slept from 8:30pm until 5am then again until 8:30am I'm so excited had to share :happydance: I know it's only the once but Sam was about 6/7 months when he did it for the first time.

LG I've always said if bf makes someone unhappy it's not worth the agony you made the right choice and you gave it a great go. Two weeks is good. I get cross when people only give it a day but you can certainly say you gave it your best shot :hugs:

Emma we gave one big poo a day too but it seems to mostly stay contained. All I can suggest us keep trying new types of nappies. Also if it's full of wee it won't absorb so much so I tend to change very regularly. We use pampers (much to my Eco annoyance) as they hold and fit the best. Hope the cloth works for you. As for the poo itself it can be mucusy but not often, is she stuffy? As I think that's when it happens. If you are worried ask the HV next time you see her.

Adélie weighed 10lb exactly at 5 weeks and putting on about a lb every 2 weeks. How much do yours all weigh now? Will be interesting to see.

Aw happy 6 weeks Adelie!!

Thomas weighed 8lbs exactly on 30th August so he would have been nearing 4 weeks then. My HV is meant to be coming out this week but if she doesn't we're going to baby clinic on the 20th. I expect him to be somewhere around 9lbs by then xx

He slept much better for me last night. 1:30am to 8:20am :D

Great weights!
Summer gets weighed again on Wednesday when she will be 5 weeks and 4 days old .... i am predicting 12 pound! Will let you all know!!! Xx

Yay pippin!! That is great!! Is did 2000-0400 last night. We gave had 2200-0700s but I want my evenings back! Lol it was amazing that first time I woke up at 7 and she hadn't wOken once!

Is is exploding everyday onto her clothes. I change her even with the tiniest wet but it still happens. Her poo is and has always been like snot. Might go see hv tomorrow. We have tried pampers, huggies and babycare including babydry but it still happens. So frustrating! I have to soak all her clothes. Yesterday my son's nappy leaked as well!

Pip! Excellent weight gain!! Is was 10lb9 at 7 weeks. Her gain is a little slow even by bf standards.

Oh and Is won't stop chomping me! She stops feeding and chomps away - the milk pours out down her cheeks! Getting a little frustrated with it:(

Here's a funny - in bed this morning feeding Isobelle lying On my side. Hubby takes her for a wind and my son crawls up on his knees and stands on my boob with his knee - milk spurts out like crazy all over hubby and Isobelle on the otherside of the bed. Left a milk splatter like a burst water balloon on concrete. Hurt like hell but I couldn't stop laughing!

Emma- persistent mucus can be the sign of a virus, so I'd have her checked out
Boobsplotion :haha:

Lol Emma on milk x kaydon had gained 5 lb by 9 wks and I'm Noe considing putting him on bottles as he is a very demanding baby and wants to be feed between 1.5 hrs and 2 hrs all day I'm exhausted and he's started waking again in nite :( x

Summer got weighed today ...

She is 5 weeks and 4 days old and weighs 12 pound!

She is also 57.5 cms long!

Summer got weighed today ...

She is 5 weeks and 4 days old and weighs 12 pound!

She is also 57.5 cms long!

Wow!! I'm getting Thomas weighed on thr 20th (hopefully HV will come out before though) so he'll be 6 weeks and I'll be expecting him to be around the 9lb mark, possibly 10lb. Go Summer!

Go summer ! Kaydon now weighs 11 7 at 11 wks old nearly double his birth weight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->