PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Just me then!! What was a water birth like? I know it felt good to have a bath in labour but I am not sure I want to be nearly naked or covered in junk after. It would be nice to just to be to go to sleep after.

Emmea the water birth was amazing, I know lots of women wear bikini tops and stuff but I couldn't have cared less about it. It REALLY helped, well I say that but it's my only labour lol!!! I found the contractions were really sore out of the water. I found the head crowning nippy but overall I really didn't think labour was that bad - I was 14.5hrs in labour. So I'm thinking the water did something! There wS definitely no gunk on me, after saraya was born they started to let the water out slowly while massaging my tummy in the pool with her latched on and then I birthed the placenta naturally the water was all gone so they rinsed me off and I was able to get out and in bed. It was amazing watching her swimming up hrough the water with her eyes open and of course I was able to latch her on straight away and she was basically clean lol

Oh saraya has informed me her doll is called "Haha" lol I love how creative she is! Most kids her age just have "baby" or "dolly" but not my child lol

Our birth centre won't accept me as I have asthma, even though I have never had an attack in my life and it's caused by viral infections but they didn't listen. SO basically if I don't have a cold I won't get asthma! I wanted one but in the end I needed an epidural so I was glad to be in the main bit. I felt nothing after that and it was great, will be doing the same if I can. Not looking forward to that 'ring of fire' as everyone so politely calls it. My room had a shower but no bath, I'm going to ask for one with a bath this time if I get the choice. My hospital had a refit about 4 years ago so it's all very posh and new despite being a crappy hospital over all. Apart from the sterile floor you feel like you are in a hotel lol. All wires and gas etc are tucked behind wood panelling.

Pip I had saraya at hospital but my maternity is fairly new too and has a "hone from home" where all the medical stuff is hidden but you can't have any strong meds there, of you want something you have to be transferred back to labour ward

Yer our birth centre is part of the hospital (one floor up) but they were a bit funny about it when I questioned them about why we couldn't just go down stairs if there was a problem. You can't have epidurals in the birth centre though, I'm up for another lol.

Thank you!!

I have the same astma, the only attacks I have ever had have been caused by virus'. Our centre is in the forest not attached to a hospital at all. I really hope they accept me as otherwise I will stay at home!!

I petrified of going back to that hospital. It is the one on one born every minute. They don't show you the filfth on the walls and bathrooms, and the understaffing though. Everything about my experience was frightening and traumatic and it was their fault. Just going there for my scan last week was traumatising. The maternity hospital itself is not attached to the main hospital.

Thinking of you, luvmysoldier!

I'm calm still today. Had some twingy cramps, but nothing worrying... Everyone says they're normal. Had them most of the day and evening. I didn't mind them. It felt like something useful was going on. So, I enjoyed it! LOL

Has anyone been watching Eastenders? Its the awful storyline on S.I.D.S but not only that, the child swapping also....Me and Jimmy watched it last night and it disturbed us both. :-(

In other news, i am having some right trouble getting comfy in bed. My back hurts, i can't get comfy and i'm up and down a few times a night. Anyone got any thoughts on how to get more comfortable? I have got 1 something in between my legs (yes, i know this is how i got into this situation!) ;-) and something trying to support my lower back but the normal pillows just are not cutting it!!

Hope everyone is ok today.....anyone heard from LUVMYSOILDER?

xx

I watched up until James died and Ronnie was in the square... I couldn't watch it after that :cry:

Well after that , Ronnie ran into the Queen Vic for help and saw they were having a NYE party so she snuck upstairs and put her dead baby in Kat and Alfie's baby's cot and took their baby home. She is pretending he is James and Kat and Alfie found baby 'Tommy' dead when they went to check on him.

Its such a harrowing storyline...

WTF is this show? I'm glad I'm in the US suddenly!

It's a British Soap. Very popular. I only catch it now and again. I've seen pictures of Ronnie at Tommy's 'funeral'. I can't believe they're allowing the storyline to go on :(

That's awful. Am I meant to believe that these people couldn't recognize their own baby, btw? Like, they didn't notice it was someone else's baby?

They'd only just given birth the day before I think. Both had boys and both babies had same baby grown on!!
Kat went to identify her baby's body and after a couple mins cried "that's not my baby, that's not my baby" That's where the show ended last night.

That's awful. Am I meant to believe that these people couldn't recognize their own baby, btw? Like, they didn't notice it was someone else's baby?

Mmm exactly. They got round it byy putting the babies in the same sleepsuit. alfie (the father of the stolen baby) bought one for himself and one for Ronnie's partner.

I don't like that show already! LOL

Yes, I'm a sweet pea! :yipee: I'm excited about it too!

I have just been rung by my doctors, they said they want me to have a flu jab cos pregnant women are 'at risk.'
Iv done some research on it and its perfectly safe.....i just still feel a bit worried???

YE FOR SWEETPEA!!!!!

When's your scan Meggy?? Can't wait to see if you're cooking one or two lil bubbas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->