• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pansy & Mrsbroodypant.....and Lottie :-)

I really enjoyed the car journey from the abbey to our reception on our wedding day, cos that was our private time. We also watched the sunset together for a moment at one point during the reception, that was lovely too. I haven't got any chance if a wedding on the horizon either, don't know anyone who is close. I'd love to go to another wedding.

Your time away sounds ideallic. I wonder where you'll end up going. We have a week booked off in June, so have been looking into where to go. We're either going to Cornwall or northern France by Euro tunnel. I don't want to book that far in advance yet tho. I'd also love a weekend in a hotel for our anniversary in May, but I don't know if we'll do that.

In case I don't get a chance to write before work tomorrow, I hope it goes as well as it can go. I'll be thinking of you and you DH all AM.

xxx

UPDATE!

The cyst is gone! Can not be found! Two very good docs were looking all its brain appears totally normal.

Its a miricle!!!!!!!

However my very low hormone levels are very worrying. The baby could have a chromosome disorder that is not compatible with life. I go next tues 16th for a CVS test where they take a sample of placenta to test. You get a definate result in 48 hours. If result ok then brilliant but still need to worry about low hormones. If test comes back that it does have a disorder then i need a medical termination.
So still not out the woods but the brain defect being gone is fantastic news!!!!!

Xxxxx

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the cyst has gone. It is amazing!

Still a worry about the low hormone level, but there are threads on the Internet about people with low hormone levels having healthy pregnancies (I did a search yest when you said about that). I'm sorry you have to go through a CVS & that there's still a chance of problems, but at least there is a chance of it being ok too. xxx

I know. I am feeling more positive and at least with the cvs test u get a definate answer so the hard decision is made for me.

Thanks for all your support xxx

UPDATE!

The cyst is gone! Can not be found! Two very good docs were looking all its brain appears totally normal.

Its a miricle!!!!!!!

However my very low hormone levels are very worrying. The baby could have a chromosome disorder that is not compatible with life. I go next tues 16th for a CVS test where they take a sample of placenta to test. You get a definate result in 48 hours. If result ok then brilliant but still need to worry about low hormones. If test comes back that it does have a disorder then i need a medical termination.
So still not out the woods but the brain defect being gone is fantastic news!!!!!

Xxxxx

For what its worth I said a simple metta pray before opening your journal and I am happily amazed that the cyst has gone, it sounds like a miracle. I have everything crossed for your placenta test :flower:

Morning!

I still can't believe the cyst has gone! Did the drs say how it could happen? Was it just baby growing/correcting the problem itself? Were the drs helpful in explaining things or were you left with loads of questions?

I can definitely see your point about the relief of cvs taking the decision away from you. Having a definite answer after all your worries will be good. Do you have to rest after the cvs? At least you only have to wait til next Thursday. These last few weeks must've gone by so strangely for you, always waiting for the next appointment.

We're you able to see LO? Was it moving about? Had it grown?

My MS is changing a bit. I wasn't suck yesterday morning, for the first time in I don't know how long. I still felt sick at various points throughout the day, but thought I was going to have a day without being sick. As I did my teeth, just before bed, I threw up, which annoyed me a lot, as it seemed such a waste of food. I haven't been sick in eve for ages. But I'm taking it as a potential good sign, cos at least it's changing. I would normally have been sick by now in the AM & haven't, so I'm hopeful again today.

The builders have gone! They were back yest & I didn't think I'd ever get rid if them! The gae looks really good. DH had painted the plaster in the utility. I hate the smell of paint at the best of times, but at the moment it feels like I'm being poisoned any time I go near it! I hope the smell goes soon.

xxx

Im glad your ms is improving. Thats such a good sign for u. If brushing your teeth makes u sick then give it a miss once in a while - they wont fall out :)
I always think its a waste of food being sick as well lol.

I know, i cant believe the cyst has gone either! But the 2 docs, DH & myself could all see the screen & there was nothing abnormal. The doc said it was a textbook brain like any other! He said it could of been normal fetal brain development mistaken for a cyst or the cyst could of disappeared & that fetuses have an amazing ability to repair & heel themselves!

The doc was brilliant. We were v.happy with him & his knowledge & he explained everything well & answered our questions. The same doc is doing my CVS on tues so im glad about that. There is a 1% of miscarriage which is low & i obviously need it doing. My very low hormone levels indicate chromosome abnormalities. The reading for papp-a should be 1.00 and mine is only 0.08 that is so bad & scary! Its a marker for syndroms that are not compatible with life. Doc checked all of baby to see any other markers but cant find anything wrong at the moment but its hard to tell this early.
If the CVS comes back ok then i still have the low papp-a problem which then means the placenta might fail & bad blood flow to baby, so i would need asprin to thin blood & regular growth scans. Im now high dependancy! So far doc can see the placenta looks healthy & strong attatchment.
The baby could stop growing if the plancenta cant do its job. But it had grown 13mm in the last week. I am now 12+4. I do worry though that my dd got put back 2 weeks & i am now quite a way behind u. Maybe thats a sign already!

The inlaws came round last night. MIL brought me some tulips! We had a good chat & they feel positive now the cyst has gone. They are very supportive. I feel so much better after seeing & speaking to them.

Did i tell u that i saw a mum from dancing at the hospital last week? I saw her again yesterday & she had a red face & eyes from crying. She had a gown on so i think she had CVS done. I hope it doesnt hurt too much!!

When CVS is done they sort out the 23 pairs if chromosomes so the person doing that will know if its a boy or girl :) im starting to want to know.

Ive learnt a lot havent i? Lol im a right clever clogs now :).
I hope u still havent been sick! And are having a nice builders free day :) xxx

Yes, you've learnt loads, you seme to be an expert on it all! I hope the fact that dr couldn't find any other markers is a good sign. Do you have far to go to hospital each time? Sounds lkie you might have to make a lot of trips.

I'm glad your in laws were a help. Having supportive family is so important.

How weird that someone else will know the gender of your baby! Would they tell you if you asked? I would find that too tempting, I think. Id have to rely on DH to keep me strong!

I still haven't been sick! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I'll make it through this evening. I actually went out for a (very short) walk with my brother & parents dog ths afternoon! I felt exhausted & sick when back, but not too bad when out - I wasn't looking at bushes & wondering if I coukd be sick behind them the whole time!! I'm really hoping it continues, although I've heard you can have good days & bad days still.

What are you up to this weekend? DH is working all day tomorrow, so I'm going to see my brother before he goes back to uni on Suni. I was hoping the weather would be nice on Sun, but now they're forecasting gales, so we might just do more of the ikea furniture.

xxx

So glad u still havent been sick...go u!!

Our hospital is about 10/15 mins away. Its not far and its close to my mums house.

I have been lazy today. Stayed home and havent done anything! Working tomorrow and im starting a new beginners class so i need to start earlier.
Just taking this day by day now and waiting for tues. It should go quicker than the last week!!

Its nice that u are getting to spend time with your brother. Is he excited about being an Uncle? How old are your brothers? Mine are 34 & 38.

I hope your ms stays away xxx

Just had a thought - do the drs really know what they are on about with these blood tests? According to my 2 blood tests this cycle I didnt ovulate! I think I can safely say that I did! When your mum was pregnant, they didn't have these tests did they? Maybe it's a normal level for you, but just doesn't fit in with their averages. (They multiply it by something to make it the figure that should be 1 don't they, maybe that calculation isn't right for you). I know it sounds far fetched, but I just thought, maybe they don't know everything they think they know.

My brothers are 29 & 20. It's the 20 year old I get on with most. I was 12 when he was born & his friends used to call me his other mummy! I helped look after him a lot when he was little.

Glad you've had a restful day after all you've been through recently. If the results are ok on thurs, you'll need to give yourself lots of tlc to help baby. Hope your new class goes well tmr.

xxx

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have written that. I meant to give you hope, but I don't want you to doubt the doctors. And obviously I don't mean it doesn't need investigating, just maybe it will all be alright in the end. Hope that's how it came across & not that I was belittling what you're going through or anything. xxx

Dont worry, i totally understand what u mean. You are helping, thank u. I like your questioning. Ive been thinking the same. I actually said to the doc that my mum could of had low hormone levels but wouldnt of know and he said yes it could run in your family.

I opted for the downs blood test like u did, so if i hadnt then i wouldnt of known and wouldnt be doing the CVS test. I would of been over the moon now with the cyst gone!!
However i do prefer to be realistic and i dont mind a few weeks of worry if all can be well in the end.

I hope to god that my baby is ok and does not have a chromosome disorder. I know i will still be facing other issues but it will be the best chance its got.

I love my baby so much already!!

I get on really well with both my brothers now but ive always got on well with the eldest as it was a bigger age gap between us and he used to look after me. Our dad died just before i was born so my brother has always been protective of me. I used to fight with my other brother who im closer to in age but looking back i really quite enjoyed it!! Lol nothing bad, just the usual sibling arguments....all lots of fun lol. When u grow up your relationships do change dont they? I especially found when my brothers became dads themselves they got even nicer and more loving towards me. My eldest brother gave me away at my wedding :). That was nice.

Xxx

I hope you don't both mind me checking your progress. I didn't realize at the time that it was a thread where 2 women share their pregnancy, I thought it was your journal Mrsbroodypant. As I am not even pregnant it might seem a bit strange, but I am so rooting for you and beanie, and I send metta prays when I read you (its a sort of Buddhist pray where you desire the best for yourself and others). You are being so strong! As for you Pancy, big congrats on your lemon!!!! XXXX

Thank u Calm. Its brilliant to have so much support. Dont worry, u can pop in whenever u want. I hope u get yout bfp soon! I will pray for u too xxx

Thank u Calm. Its brilliant to have so much support. Dont worry, u can pop in whenever u want. I hope u get yout bfp soon! I will pray for u too xxx

I'm glad you understand what I was trying to say. I hadn't thought of it like that, that if you hadn't had the downs blood test you wouldn't know. But, I agree, better to be realistic. If I had to choose about the blood test now, knowing what you've been through, I'd still take the test. Although, I will admit, I don't think I'd thought through all the implications when I took it.

I wasn't sick yesterday! Woohoo! I don't even remember when that last happened! And so far, so good this morning! (Don't think worrying "is baby alright cos my symptoms have changed" thoughts Catherine!! It's perfectly normal for it to get better now isn't it?) I know I don't have any where near as much to worry about as you do, but I don't think I'll not worry about baby till I hold them. And then a new world of worries start don't they!!

Sorry to hear about your dad. My best friend's dad died before she was born too. I fought with my older brother loads when we were growing up too. Now he rings me regularly and tells me his problems, so we're kind of close, although he doesn't listen to my problems much! My little brother was 12 when I met DH, so he's grown up knowing him. They get on really well. My little brother used to come & stay often before he went to uni & they'd play computer games & badminton & stuff. He decided the spare room in my flat was his room! DH had him as one of his two best men at the wedding, which was cute. He made a very short but very amusing speech!

xxx

Calm - thanks for your congratulations. Good luck with your IVF journey.

Guess what? We had 2 best men at our wedding as well. Not many people do that....so strange that we both did!

Im glad u havent been sick. Yipee!! Dont worry about symptoms going. Once the placenta is fully kicked in then u get a break from about 2nd tri. I know its hard not to worry about every little thing.

Yes i chose to have the downs tested but expected to be low risk. Its like when i had my HSG done i didnt expect them to find one of my tubes blocked but they did. Its easier not knowing but better to know.

Hope u are having a nice weekend?

My new dance class went well. Im so tired now. Its been a long day with class after class. Im having a little sleep now until DH comes home :)
Good night lol

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"