PCOS and TTC #1

Ooh come on second or maybe even third BFP in this thread!! :dust: How cool would that be! You all are giving me hope for when we're ready to try again. :happydance:

I'm off the Vitex now. I just stopped taking it as soon as I knew I'd have to. I figure why waste any more knowing that I'll have to start at the beginning. But OMG I can't wait to be kidney stone free! That little ball of hate has been ruining my life for so long. That's not an exaggeration! The first few days off Vitex, I felt extra grumpy and stressed and my face is now broken out but otherwise, I didn't have to suffer much. I think when I try it again after the surgery I'm going to take a slightly higher dose at the beginning since I know that the side effects are not too bad.

On the diet front, I been so good about eating tons of veggies and fruit and I've managed to cut out some of the dairy, sugar and bread I was eating. I've gotten my husband on the bandwagon a bit too because he had oatmeal and a banana this morning and said he liked it! I made it for him with oat bran for extra fiber but I think I'll also add chia seeds to it so that it's even more filling. I wanted to see if he liked it before I added them since they're expensive. His mother offered to pay for him to try Medfast to see if that helped him with some weight loss and feeling better but I have a friend who tried it and said the food tastes like cat food. That's not very encouraging. :( Has anyone else tried that? The issue for him is that not only is lazy about food and also very picky but that he can't really eat raw vegetables because of sensitive teeth. He lost a large amount of weight once before but he only ate Slimfast shakes and chicken with steamed broccoli. That's it. For 6 months. Crazy, right? But it's not something he can sustain for long so I'm trying to help him find other things he can eat to make it interesting. It's an ongoing struggle lol. :haha:

oh im so glad after my time away someone got a BFP!!! I think the metformin has really been helping me. This month I got an almost equal opk line, and for the first time I had ovulation pain today. Sucks I can't bed till tomorrow night but I did the night before so maybe I'll get lucky. I just hope my ld phase isn't too short.

swimmyj, that's so awesome that the metformin is working for you! :D

Hi, I'am new here currently TTC baby1.
Can anybody tell me whats the difference b/w PCO and PCOS. And how did your Gyn-Obs or RE diagnosed you with PCOS (Other than doin' USG)? Which test did they ask for? Let me know guys!

Good Morning! Update: Went and saw a new dr whom i love! she was very positive and is sending me for cd 3 testing and 5dpo testing to see what is going on next cycle (as long as i dont get a positive this week). :thumbup:

Also, currently dpo 9... feeling really nauseous this morning and have this weird pain from the top of my butt cheek that shoots down to my leg.. im pretty sure it has NOTHING to do with this but thought i would mention!

Tested last night bc im crazy and of course it was negative.

Hope everyone is doing well... cant wait until everyone starts testing.

Hi babyjourney, from what i know PCO is just ovarian cysts which can be completely normal and occur in many woman that have normal cycles, the S on the end denotes the syndrome. Basically having cystic ovaries as well as other symptoms of the disorder (delayed ovulation, hirsutism, acne etc)

Have you been recently diagnosed?

The dx me through a scan, i haven't had any blood tests but i am heading to my referral on Friday with a gynae. I know i have it as i have other symptoms also, unwanted hair and delayed/long cycles.

Hope that helps.

Shortcakes I'm glad you found a dr you like, i hope mine on Friday is nice. Its good to hear they are going to be doing some proper testing. Fx you won't need it and you will get that bfp this cycle.

Veryblue, i see that your temp dropped. So sorry you didnt have a successful cycle, i hope you are ok.

Im cd "god knows what" and getting no where but i have stuck to my healthy paleo eating, almost no starchy carbs and lost 3 pounds so far over the last few days. Yay!

I felt sick last night ladies and vomited.. sorry tmi :blush:

Breasts are so tender and nipples have never been so sore and sensitive in all my life! I swear they look bigger and veiny too!

And these dull aches and twinges are strange too :wacko:

I took a test because of last night I think it looks :bfn: but wasn't sure if there a faint line or not? It was taken today at 7dpo.. I think its 7 dpo :haha: They the same test just pictures in a different light.

Attachments

• 10405442_833997633314544_1953195247567057068_n.jpg
    10405442_833997633314544_1953195247567057068_n.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1908143_833997656647875_7626300871237637513_n.jpg
    1908143_833997656647875_7626300871237637513_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
Sarah the first one i think i see something but it might just be an indent and im not great at reading tests i must admit.
That being said i really hope its the start of your BFP, you must spend a fortune buying tests if you are testing with a frer at 7dpo. Are you a poas addict :winkwink:

Sarah the first one i think i see something but it might just be an indent and im not great at reading tests i must admit.
That being said i really hope its the start of your BFP, you must spend a fortune buying tests if you are testing with a frer at 7dpo. Are you a poas addict :winkwink:

Not normally I'm not no. I have three left they were but one get one free. I only tested because how sore my breasts and nipples are and all the other symptoms I'm getting :wacko:

Hi babyjourney, from what i know PCO is just ovarian cysts which can be completely normal and occur in many woman that have normal cycles, the S on the end denotes the syndrome. Basically having cystic ovaries as well as other symptoms of the disorder (delayed ovulation, hirsutism, acne etc)

Have you been recently diagnosed?

The dx me through a scan, i haven't had any blood tests but i am heading to my referral on Friday with a gynae. I know i have it as i have other symptoms also, unwanted hair and delayed/long cycles.

Hope that helps.

Shortcakes I'm glad you found a dr you like, i hope mine on Friday is nice. Its good to hear they are going to be doing some proper testing. Fx you won't need it and you will get that bfp this cycle.

Veryblue, i see that your temp dropped. So sorry you didnt have a successful cycle, i hope you are ok.

Im cd "god knows what" and getting no where but i have stuck to my healthy paleo eating, almost no starchy carbs and lost 3 pounds so far over the last few days. Yay!

No, not really. Its just i went to see Gyn/Obs last year in November (CD-11). My dr didn't see follicles on my right ovary while the left ovary was pretty clear with tiny follicles. (My bladder wasn't full btw, i had no urge to pee).
Other that on CD 21 she did usg there was just 1fully grown follicle on right ovary. I don't remember the measurement exactly but it was in normal range.
She told me there is a possibility that i might have pco, even though she didn't see any cyst.
My cycles are irregular ranges from 30-39 days, but AF arrives every month, i don't take any meds.
I'am lean and don't have hirsutism and no acne.

Hopefullyopto: I'am kinda confused and sad as well, because i don't even know if i have pco or not. I started ttc in November before that we were doin NTNP thingy. In january i found out that i ovulate at 20+. This is the only cycle when we DTD on time. If i don't get pregnant this month or next i shall see another Gyne/Obs to get some answers.

It's early Sarah! Implantation can happen at 7dpo, but I heard 9 is more common, and then it takes about 2 days for it to produces enough hormones to show, give it a little while ;P

That being said, 2 for 1 FRER?! I'd buy a lot them if I saw this deal xD

Good Morning Ladies...

Danna.. they have that quite often the 2 for 1 but its a rebate.. at least near me (which i never remember to send those things in!!)

So today is dpo10 and i tested this morning with frer and it was neg... i know its still kind of early but i am definitely not holding my breath this month... i dont think this is it for me.

Hi ladies!!!! I am back from vacation...It was amaaazing!!
It looks like I missed a lot while I was gone!

Danna- Congrats on your bfp!!! How exciting!! I wish you a healthy and happy 9 months for you! :)

Hiii to the new ladies!!! :hi:

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the ladies in the 2ww!! I pray that we get some more bfp's to celebrate on our thread! :dust:

AFM: As sad as I am for vacation to be over, I am ready to move forward with our fertility plan. AF stayed away during our vacation and finally started today. :) Officially CD1 after a 47 day cycle. I will take the femara CD3-7 I believe, get the hsg on CD7, and then see if I ovulate with the femara. I am praying so hard that this works for us! If the femara works, we have decided to use just the femara for 2 cycles then if I am not pregnant we will try iui. Our insurance pays for the medications and Dr. visits, but the iui is not covered and costs $400 so we need a little bit of time to save up.

Fingers crossed for you SarahLou! :dust:

Hi babyjourney! I was diagnosed with PCOS a long time ago because of irregular periods, weight gain and they did an ultrasound and found cysts. I now have the hair on my chin and acne. It's my understanding that in order to be diagnosed with PCOS, you have to have like 2 of the 3 main symptoms. I don't know anything, however, about PCO.

Jules, welcome back from vacation. Glad AF stayed away for it and you are finally starting a new cycle. Fx femara is as successful for you as it was for Danna and you get your BFP this cycle.

Babysquash have you ever had any treatment for the hair or acne. I start my laser treatment next week. Im excited to start to get rid of it.
Tomorrow is appointment day ladies! Im so excited. I hope they give me some options and something to help because something is obviously not right.
Any words of wisdom from those who have gone through it?

Jules, welcome back from vacation. Glad AF stayed away for it and you are finally starting a new cycle. Fx femara is as successful for you as it was for Danna and you get your BFP this cycle.

Babysquash have you ever had any treatment for the hair or acne. I start my laser treatment next week. Im excited to start to get rid of it.
Tomorrow is appointment day ladies! Im so excited. I hope they give me some options and something to help because something is obviously not right.
Any words of wisdom from those who have gone through it?

I went to a dermatologist years ago for my acne and whatever she had me do (I can't remember what the treatment was) worked at made my acne manageable. Since then it's been pretty mild and only flares up when I go through hormonal changes like starting on BC or when I stopped taking the Vitex.

The facial hair I've had no treatment but I have blonde hair so it's not so bad. Honestly, I just shave it off once in awhile. ;)

Babysquash, glad to hear that your symptoms arent too bad and you find them manageable.

Ladies i had my appointment today and i must say it was fantastic. I have been given metformin which i can start straight away, i have provera to induce my period which i start tomorrow and then im scheduled in for blood tests once AF arrives and a HyCosy the week later. Then a follow up appointment, my DH has also got a referral for a SA. I am elated i must say! This is the start of the help i need now :)

Can you ladies take a look at these please?

But took a sensitive superdurg test today with 3pm urine (9dpo) And in the first picture I'm sure it looked :bfn: But in the other pictures ( some tweaked) I'm pretty sure its the most faintest start to a :bfp: ever! What do you think??

Attachments

• 11262109_834645636583077_5955261721649911732_n.jpg
    11262109_834645636583077_5955261721649911732_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 11074207_834651729915801_3898756733624711257_n.jpg
    11074207_834651729915801_3898756733624711257_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 11
  • 11258875_834651643249143_7403250819308726223_n.jpg
    11258875_834651643249143_7403250819308726223_n.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 11241028_834649179916056_8874090289493769825_n.jpg
    11241028_834649179916056_8874090289493769825_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 11120569_834651889915785_6557631845963118704_n.jpg
    11120569_834651889915785_6557631845963118704_n.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
I have the hair and acne issue as well. My endo said that there is medication that would help with both, however they are not safe with pregnancy so he didn't want me to take them. It may just be in my head, but I feel that since starting metformin the acne has settled down quite a bit. :) If you guys find any tips about the hair please share..it drives me nuts! lol

Opto- I am so glad your appt. went well. :) Fingers crossed and prayers sent your way that things start to improve so you can get that BFP! What is your dose of metformin? It can be a bit rough in the beginning with tummy aches, but it eventually evens out. You eat pretty healthy so that will help as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->