PCOS and TTC #1

Sarah- I see the line! Very faint , but I can see it. I hope it's the start of a bfp and gets darker in the next few days! :)

I see it as well Sarah! Keep us updated!!

Hopefully that's great about your appointment! Once I started getting helped things moves very, very fast!! You are on the right track for sure : )

Hi jules, I'm starting on 500mg a day for the next 4/5 days then i am upping it to 1000mg for another 4/5 days and if my stomach can handle it then up to the max 1500mg

I think i might stick with met for a couple of months before introducing fertility meds as i hear they can exacerbate anxiety which i don't want.

Danna, how are you? You got any additional symptoms?

Where is everyone in their cycle right now?

I'm fine thanks! Today would have been AF day so I was a bit nervous but so far so good :) and no new symptoms yet, just peeing a lot, sore boobs and very vivid dreams!

Fingers crossed for you SarahLou! :dust:

Hi babyjourney! I was diagnosed with PCOS a long time ago because of irregular periods, weight gain and they did an ultrasound and found cysts. I now have the hair on my chin and acne. It's my understanding that in order to be diagnosed with PCOS, you have to have like 2 of the 3 main symptoms. I don't know anything, however, about PCO.

How long are your cycles?

Can you ladies take a look at these please?

But took a sensitive superdurg test today with 3pm urine (9dpo) And in the first picture I'm sure it looked :bfn: But in the other pictures ( some tweaked) I'm pretty sure its the most faintest start to a :bfp: ever! What do you think??

I can see a line and its really faint. I hope you get your BFP.

Hopefully- I hope the metfoemin helps make a difference for you. :) Starting off slow should def help with the side effects.
Danna- So glad things are going well! Make sure to keep us updated. :)

I am CD3 and started the femara today. So nervous\excited to see how things go.

Jules i really hope femara is as successful for you as it is Danna.

Apart from headaches i am not having any other symptoms with the bout of diarrhoea on the first day of taking it. i expected worse tbh. I am going to up my dose tomorrow or tuesday and see how i fair.

How is everyone else doing in their cycles?

Morning Ladies... rough weekend of bfn... still no period on cd 33 ...pretty low and miserable.

Hopefully- That's good! I am glad you haven't had any major side effects. :)
I thought it was going to be worse as well. I only had on and off upset stomach for the first week. Since then it has only happened 2-3 times, and all 3 times was when I had pizza from a certain place and a salad once. When it does start to hurt I eat some yogurt and it settles it...the oddest thing but I read that yogurt helps so I tried it. lol

Shortcakes- I am so sorry about the bfn...they truly do suck! Sending hugs! Keep your chin up, it will happen soon.

Fingers crossed for you SarahLou! :dust:

Hi babyjourney! I was diagnosed with PCOS a long time ago because of irregular periods, weight gain and they did an ultrasound and found cysts. I now have the hair on my chin and acne. It's my understanding that in order to be diagnosed with PCOS, you have to have like 2 of the 3 main symptoms. I don't know anything, however, about PCO.

How long are your cycles?

I have no idea because I currently never have a period. I think that I do ovulate (based on some symptoms I've noticed) but not sure when and how regularly. When I was on birth control my cycles were very regular but I didn't track the length. I also have a thyroid disorder so my issues are even more complicated. :p

Hey Jules well as i havent had any sode effects i am doubling my dose to 1000mg tomorrow, i will definately take your advice on the yoghurt. Maybe its to do with the natural bacteria in yoghurt that your gut really likes which helps??

Any side effects from femara?

So sorry to hear that shortcakes!! :hugs: But don't give up hope! We're here for you.

How's everyone else doing today? I forget to log-in on the weekends so I feel like I miss things. :haha:

I'm super nervous but excited about my surgery tomorrow! With any luck I'll be kidney stone free soon. :happydance:

Hopefully- It def. has something to do with the natural bacteria. I did half a yogurt w/ whole wheat toast in the morning with the first dose and then had the other half after dinner when I take the second dose. I don't need to do it that way since I am use to it, but I still keep a yogurt in the fridge just in case. It also helps to eat a little, take the pill, then finish your meal. I still do that because that was the directions the pharmacist gave me.

I don't think I am having any side effects of the femara. I mean I haven't been sleeping well and was a little emotional over the weekend. However I just ended AF and it's super muggy here so that could be attributed to those things. lol I refuse to turn the air on because I just want 1 month of a good electric bill. lol

babysquash- Good luck tomorrow!! I know you are looking forward to not dealing with the kidney stone pain. :)

Well for me i am completely avoiding any grains or pseudocereals, only naturally occuring sugar (fruits, dates) and limiting anything starchy so i think thats helping a whole bunch, i dont actually eat a great deal of dairy either because of the lactose is like sugar. Now i need to kick my backside into gear in terms of exercise. I defo do not so enough.

Jules glad tp hear femera is not having any adverse effects, i hear clomid can be horrible and tbh im a bit scared that it might be what they offer me, i suffer from anxiety so i dont want anything else to exacerbate it.

Babysquash, good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well and we will be all thinking of you :)

It makes a huge difference cutting out sugar and most carbs. I have been eating low carb and exercising, which has made me feel sooo much better. I did eat bad on vacation, but I have been back to it this week.

My doctor said she offers Femara first because it has less side effects and less chance of multiples. She said she only offers Clomid if a client isn't responding to Femara, which is rare.

If you mention that you would prefer Femara, I am sure that they wouldn't be against it. Though, I think your doing good with getting used to the metformin before going taking fertility medication... you might not need to go that far if the metformin works well on its own.

Thats the hope Jules, i have my follow up appointment for the 11th of June and imagine it will be then that the option of fertility meds will be introduced depending on the results of my bloods i guess but i may ask to see if met has any effect first before embarking on fertility meds, maybe a couple of months and if no improvement then start them.

Shortcakes I know how your feeling...

Well took another test today at CD 28 and :bfn: again

Me and OH cant understand it after we have had a scan to track the follicle growth and an injection so there no way there wasn't sperm waiting there for that egg. We are both disappointed and disheartened. Especially now if af shows up I cant take any clomid again :cry: Got wait till Thursday for nurses to call back after speaking to consultant. So if af comes in mean time were knackered.

Thing that bother me is the cycle we got pregnant with Skye we only bed every other day that cycle something like 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,21,25,27,29 and it worked and this time with a scan to confirm the egg was ready on CD 13 and an injection we missed it! We did way more beding than last time so surly that not greaten our chances? We had done this time CD 3,5,7,9,12,13,14,15,16,17,20 :shrug:

Failing just makes it worse cause it makes me think Id be nearly 22 weeks pregnant now if we didn't lose Skye. Something somewhere seriously doesn't want us to have a baby. And with no more clomid as well that makes me more angry because even if they try other things they might not even work, at least we knew clomid did something. Feels like were back to square one again.

A big follicle of 28mm aswell :cry:

.. I'm sorry ladies :cry: :(

Sarah - I know that I can't take away your pain or tell you why things are happening this way. Just know that we are here for you. I wish you a lot of luck going forward and you find the treatment that will put a child in your arms. :)

R u able to try Femara? or can you take clomid again in a few cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->