PCOS and TTC #1

I'm not sure yet Jules I have to wait to hear of the Gynae unit which should be today :(

Just to say I was on clomid for 4 cycles and nothing. Femara gives less eggs but good quality. There is also a huge difference in price!

Good Morning ladies.. sorry i have been MIA i am just miserable... I still dont have the witch but still testing neg... Currently on day 36 and dpo 17.... i am getting so frustrated. My dr wanted me to go for lab work on day 3 of this next cycle and i can't if it doesn't hurry up and get here!!!

Sarah- I am keeping up the hope that they will give you some new options to try. :)

Ibelieve- When you were on Femara and Metformin did you do anything else like IUI or a trigger shot? Just wondering because that's what we are starting this cycle. We want to wait to see if the mix works for a few cycles before trying IUI or triggers.

shortcakes- I am sorry your feeling miserable. :( I hope that af comes quickly so you can start a fresh new cycle. :)

I finished my last dose of femara. I feel exactly the same, but I hope its doing something in there. lol I am supposed to go get my HSG tomorrow morning. However, my car is being a jerk and of course my hubby is going out of town so I can't use his. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if I can switch my appt later, but I have a feeling we are going to have to do the cycle without it. :(

Hey Shortcakes! If you are 1000% sure you aren't pregnant, I recommend taking some Dong Quai pills, it brought AF for me in a matter of hours both times I needed it and was late.

Hi All,

Doesnt look like we have a too happy bunch at the moment.

Sarah I'm so sorry that clomid didn't work for you this cycle. Don't give up hope though. You will get there.

Babysquash sorry that your cycle is being wretched as well, how did you confirm ovulation? Is it possible you ovulated later?

Jules, you have a exciting few weeks ahead! Sorry you may not be able to make a HSG, is it really necessary for you to have it?

I finish up my Femara tomorrow and then the waiting game for AF beings, as soon as she is here i will get my bloods done and truly see how helpful metformin is to reducing my cycle length, this one has been torturously long! Almost 3 cycles long!!

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but was so pleased to find it and people experiencing the same thing I am at the moment.

I'm 32 and have been TTC for 18 months now. I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but my fertility dr has me on 150mg Clomid (my progesterone was very low) and 1000mg Metformin. This is my first month on Metformin and I am currently 3 days late however had a negative pregnancy test this morning. Feel like I am about to burst with anxiety and lack of patience!!! It's a hard road when things don't happen easily.

Have any of you experienced something similar? I am just pulling my hair out at this end wondering if my menstrual cycle is just having a laugh at my expense or if the tests are wrong!

TIA

xo

Sarah- I am keeping up the hope that they will give you some new options to try. :)

Ibelieve- When you were on Femara and Metformin did you do anything else like IUI or a trigger shot? Just wondering because that's what we are starting this cycle. We want to wait to see if the mix works for a few cycles before trying IUI or triggers.

shortcakes- I am sorry your feeling miserable. :( I hope that af comes quickly so you can start a fresh new cycle. :)

I finished my last dose of femara. I feel exactly the same, but I hope its doing something in there. lol I am supposed to go get my HSG tomorrow morning. However, my car is being a jerk and of course my hubby is going out of town so I can't use his. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if I can switch my appt later, but I have a feeling we are going to have to do the cycle without it. :(

Hi, I was on femara 5mg with 37.5iui of gonal f, no trigger, no IUI, had 3 follicles each month between 16mm-22mm. Same procedure both month. Second month got a bfp 10dpo on CBD

Hey Shortcakes! If you are 1000% sure you aren't pregnant, I recommend taking some Dong Quai pills, it brought AF for me in a matter of hours both times I needed it and was late.

I never heard of that. What is it???

Hi Mitzy

Welcome to the group, we haven't been too active of late but we are a friendly bunch who can definitely relate to frustrating cycles. How do you track your cycles? Are they regular?

Im rather confused as to why they put you on clomid for low progesterone. Surely you should be getting progesterone suppositories for that.

How are you finding metformin?

So last lot of provera tomorrow. Yay! Never thought i would be excited for the prospect of AF being round the corner. I so hope it has worked...

Jules did you manage to have your appointment in the end.

Veryblue. I hope you are well. Sorry we haven't seen you in a while, hope your ok :hugs:

Shortcakes, how did you confirm ovulation?

Hopefully- I hope that you get af soon! <--- I can't believe I just said that. lol I am excited for you to start your fresh new cycle! :)

I ended up having to being able to go so if I don't get pregnant this month we will do it next cycle. :( My doctor was very nicely re-assured me that it's OK that I missed it and still have a chance. If this isn't the month, we will try again next time. She said that even though the ultimate goal is to get me pregnant, the most important thing right now is having the U/S to make sure that the Femara is helping with ovulation.
It made me feel a bit better. I was so wound up with everything being perfect and following the plan exactly that I was stressing myself out. I am coming to terms that things are moving forward, even if it's baby steps (no pun intended). First goal is to make sure I ovulate on Femara and if that happens then we are going in the right direction. :) I am now going to tell this to myself over and over again all month long! lol

Mitzy- Welcome Mitzy! I hope it's your BFP!! :) I totally understand the lack of patience! lol

I can only give my experience with Metformin. I started it 2 months back at the same dose you are on. The first full cycle was not my longest cycle, however it was a few days longer than my average cycle length. My Endo. said it was nothing to worry about, because things will be different now that it's sorting things out.

ibelieveitwill- Congrats on the success!! :) My doctor has not mentioned injectibles yet. Is that something they usually suggest after a certain amount of cycles and is it usually the next step before triggers/iui? Sorry about the questions...I am new to the fertility medication world.

shoprtcakes- I was curious what dong quai was so I looked it up. Looks like it's a ground up root that is used for uterine health and to promote regulation.

https://wholehealthchicago.com/2009/05/12/dong-quai-angelica/

Hi Mitzy

Welcome to the group, we haven't been too active of late but we are a friendly bunch who can definitely relate to frustrating cycles. How do you track your cycles? Are they regular?

Im rather confused as to why they put you on clomid for low progesterone. Surely you should be getting progesterone suppositories for that.

How are you finding metformin?

So last lot of provera tomorrow. Yay! Never thought i would be excited for the prospect of AF being round the corner. I so hope it has worked...

Jules did you manage to have your appointment in the end.

Veryblue. I hope you are well. Sorry we haven't seen you in a while, hope your ok :hugs:

Shortcakes, how did you confirm ovulation?

opk's

Yep Dong Quai is used a lot in chinese medecine, and seems to make the uterus contract which can bring on an overdue AF. You can find it in most health store, or chinese stores.

Shortcakes, the reason i asked is because it is very possible to have a failed ovulation even with a surge, and without temping to confirm rise then its possible that you ovulated later than you thought and therefore testing could still be early.
Might make sense than you having a really long LP, what have you taken this cycle that may have affected it. Or have you been stressed at all because thats defo something that can delay it.

Jules, i cant quite believe im looking forward to AF either!
Sorry you missed your appointment. Its at least positive that your doctor was less concerned about it an instead put more focus on ovulation and the scan. Lets hope it gets those eggs moving :)

Hi everyone, I'd like to join, although I'll be fairly quiet for awhile. I just had a hysteroscopy to remove a fibroid within my uterine cavity on the 15th, so I'm on pelvic rest for now. Currently cd21. Waiting for cd 35 to take provera and hopefully get a period from it, since I won't ovulate before then without meds. Then I can start my 3rd round of femara and get back to ttc.

Hi drjo, sorry for the late response. Welcome to the group. Have you ever taken provera before? I just finished taking mine to bring on AF because i ovulate very rarely also. I have been started on metformin though so i hope it will help me ovulate more reguarly so i wont need fertility meds but we shall see.
I hope your hysteroscopy was a success and helps with your fertility.

I took provera on CD38 for 10 days last cycle, but I ovulated on cd41 (early for me) and got AF 14 days after ovulating. So I'm not sure how my body would respond to provera alone.

welcome everyone!!!

So... still no af... i am not 1000% sure im not so i dont want to chance...

I am going to test in the morning even though i am sure it will be a BFN like it has been... now i am starting to stress... dpo 20 ... i was doing so good and had 2 cycles that were textbook in a row! Fingers crossed tomorrows test goes well... i will update everyone in the am!

If i dont get a BFP or AF by friday i am calling my dr.

Hi shortcakes, sorry your cycles are giving you the run around. Are you absolutely sure you ovulated when you did as i didn't realise that an lp could even be as long as 20days. I hope you get some answers soon!

So its cd1 for me today yay!! It was a very long cycle and I'm glad to see the end of it, thankfully provera dod its thing.

Hi shortcakes, sorry your cycles are giving you the run around. Are you absolutely sure you ovulated when you did as i didn't realise that an lp could even be as long as 20days. I hope you get some answers soon!

So its cd1 for me today yay!! It was a very long cycle and I'm glad to see the end of it, thankfully provera dod its thing.

I thought i was sure but maybe not now... i only use opks.. and i know they can be iffy.

How long was ur cycle that you just ended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->