PCOS and TTC #1

It was 68 days! And only shortened because provera induced AF, no idea how long it would have continued otherwise. I really hope metformin brings some normality to my cycle, ovulating for cd25-30 would be an achievement, i have only done that once since bcp and that was my first cycle off of it.

Met is really messing with my stomach though. Giving me nasty cramps and (sorry TMI Alert) diarrhoea :( I'm sticking with it though as i have faith that it will do something positive.

I dont use opks reguarly because they are not good for pcos as a lot of pcos ladies already have high LH levels, i rely on cm and temp shifts for confirmation.

How is everyone doing. Any developments in your cycles??

Drjo- Welcome!! I hope you are feeling better. Good luck on your next Femara cycle! :)

Shortcakes- Did you stop opk's after the positive one? Only reason I ask is my doctor told me that the reason that they don't suggest that women with PCOS use them is because the body may gear up to ovulate, but not actually ovulate at that time.

Hopefully- Yay for a new cycle! Give the metformin a few weeks and you will start to feel better. The side effects are annoying, but won't last forever. I hope it works really well for you! :)

AFM- I had a good weekend. I went to DE to see family..hubby was sick so he stayed home.
I had my u/s today. I have a few follicles, however the biggest one is only 13 so I am going back on Friday for another u/s. Not much more going on. I really hope it progresses over the next few days!

Drjo- Welcome!! I hope you are feeling better. Good luck on your next Femara cycle! :)

Shortcakes- Did you stop opk's after the positive one? Only reason I ask is my doctor told me that the reason that they don't suggest that women with PCOS use them is because the body may gear up to ovulate, but not actually ovulate at that time.

Hopefully- Yay for a new cycle! Give the metformin a few weeks and you will start to feel better. The side effects are annoying, but won't last forever. I hope it works really well for you! :)

AFM- I had a good weekend. I went to DE to see family..hubby was sick so he stayed home.
I had my u/s today. I have a few follicles, however the biggest one is only 13 so I am going back on Friday for another u/s. Not much more going on. I really hope it progresses over the next few days!

I did stop after the first one.... i wanted to start temping this cycle as well as get my blood work done that my new dr wants but.. it doesn't seem like its ever going to come!!!

Jules, yay for growing follicles. Its only early so fingers crossed you will be closer to the optimum size shortly. Hope the husbands feeling better :)

Shortcakes, you shouldnt worry that you ovulated a little later if thats the case. Some ladies have longer cycles on average so keep your chin up, and knowing that you can take something to induce AF if necessary should bring you some comfort.
We are here so vent if you need to :hugs:

I just scheduled my post op appointment with the fertility clinic. It's supposed to be a 2 week follow up, and they didn't have any openings til june 16! That's a month after the surgery. I guess I don't really see the point as far as the surgery is considered, but at least we can discuss a game plan with femara or other monitoring. :/

Hopefully is right, we are definitely here for you to vent! :hugs:

Even though PCOS is a sucky situation, at least we have each other to talk to. I mean I always thought I was a patient person....until PCOS. It has really tested me. Whether its waiting for testing, doctor appts., to O, not to O, waiting around an extremely long cycle just to see af , and all of the other treatments we have all tried. If I didn't have you ladies to talk to through all of it I would go crazy!

This is a long, but well worth it journey to take. We will all get there! :)

Well said Jules. Before i came on here in Jan i was a complete head wreck, i felt so very alone thinking that i was the only one with this problem. Little did i know that you lovely people were out there waiting to lend an ear and i am very much appreciative to all of you on here and the other ladies on the other board that i talk to.

I feel the extra encouragement allows us to stress less and hopefully aid us all in getting those long overdue bfp's!

DrJo just use the appointment to get a grip on your next step. Hopefully you will be healed by then and you can discuss what you would like to proceed with :)

You girls keep me sane. I swear if i didn't have you to vent to i am sure i would be in a mental facility at this point. I never thought i was going to be this difficult.

No i must admit neither did i, I am thankful that i am getting help from the nhs as i cannot imagine how lost i would have felt waiting for my never ending cycle to actually end. But having you all here defo helps a lot,

How is everyone?

AF in full force for me today but i got my bloods taken today. I had the day off as i was very unwell today. The metformin is really playing on me...

Im good over here... in a decent mood considering still no AF. I am all out of tests and refusing to buy any. Food has been my comfort today as i am eating chinese food...

Hopefully- Hang in there girly. I promise it will pass! Have you tried eating some yogurt or sandwiching at meals? Greek yogurt worked the best, it didn't go completely away, but helped a little bit.

Shortcake- I have been fighting the urge to not stress eat, though I have had a few things that I normally wouldn't. So just hand me over some of that chinese food...oh, and your name makes me want to have some strawberry shortcake. lol

I never thought it would be so hard either. It would be way easier if there was one for sure way to treat PCOS, but that isn't the case. I am going through all of this treatment and it really seems surreal. Never in a million years did I think I would be going through rounds of fertility treatment for one child. My plan when I was younger was to have 3 by 30. I guess life is funny that way sometimes, but I am going with it the best I can.

I am feeling ok today, just some aches near my left ovary where the lady pushed extremely hard yesterday to find it with the camera. I am feeling a little peace knowing that I am being monitored so I don't have to stress out over every ache and pain.

Hopefully- Hang in there girly. I promise it will pass! Have you tried eating some yogurt or sandwiching at meals? Greek yogurt worked the best, it didn't go completely away, but helped a little bit.

Shortcake- I have been fighting the urge to not stress eat, though I have had a few things that I normally wouldn't. So just hand me over some of that chinese food...oh, and your name makes me want to have some strawberry shortcake. lol

I never thought it would be so hard either. It would be way easier if there was one for sure way to treat PCOS, but that isn't the case. I am going through all of this treatment and it really seems surreal. Never in a million years did I think I would be going through rounds of fertility treatment for one child. My plan when I was younger was to have 3 by 30. I guess life is funny that way sometimes, but I am going with it the best I can.

I am feeling ok today, just some aches near my left ovary where the lady pushed extremely hard yesterday to find it with the camera. I am feeling a little peace knowing that I am being monitored so I don't have to stress out over every ache and pain.

HAHAHA.. you just made me die laughing.... ive had this user name for years... its bc i am so short 4'11.

Yeah... i feel like my life plan is definitely not the way it turned out...

Hang in there ladies! I know the feeling well, how nothing goes like it's supposed to, I never imagined myself having IUI! For me that was something only infertile *gasp* women had to do.
It took help, but I was a bad case scenario, I even didn't respond to Femara the first time! ( I never cried so much in my life that cycle)
I'm thinking of you all xxx

shortcakes- I am glad I made you laugh. :) Strawberry anything is my weekness, especially strawberry shortcake. lol If I am being good I try to stick to plain strawberries. I am only 5'1 so I am in that shortie category. I like being short until I have to reach something. lol

Danna- Thank you for the encouragement! I am having all sorts of panic over every step. First it was not getting the HSG, then I was freaking about not responding, then freaking because my follicles weren't that big on Tuesday at u/s, and now freaking out that even if my follicles grow I might not ovulate. Its rediculous! lol

AFM- I have to go in tomorrow to have my second u/s. I am praying hard for at least the 13 follicle I had on Tuesday has grown to where it should be. The other two follicles were 9 so those could have grown as well so I have some chances. I just don't know what happens after I have mature follicles. I have still been temping and doing OPK's. My temp has been crazy because the weather in our bedroom has been either hot or cold because of weather. However, my OPK is getting darker so that could be promising right?

Wow, never thought i would actually feel tall compared to you both, everyone calls me shorty but I'm 5 3" :) my husband is a lot taller than me though.

Jules thanks for the tip with yoghurt, i did that today and i think it helped. What do you mean by sandwiching?
This met is really hard to cope with, every day im sleepy and nauseas most of the morning/afternoon.

Danna, thanks for the encouraging words, i hope we can all be as successful as you were sometime soon. Do you think you did anything different from the cycle where femara didnt respond to the one with your bfp?

I don't ever think life hands you what you planned, i always said kids around 27 so I'm still on track, providing i fall pregnant this year. :winkwink:

Im just annoyed that i don't ever seem to get in the tww to even have that wisp of hope that there might be a bfp at the end of it :sigh:

Hopefully- I am glad the yogurt helped a bit. I take 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening. Sandwiching it means eating half your meal, take the metformin, then eat the rest of your meal. If I take it before or after I get stomach cramps. The tricks helped, but I still had some nausea and diarrhea some days for about 3-4 weeks. Now I only get occasional nausea when I eat certain things like pizza, ice burg lettuce, or super sugary desserts...though it is manageable. I hope it starts getting better for you!

I feel like I've been gone for so long! It looks like everyone is doing okay. No big news either way which is kind of good right?

My surgery went really well and I had the stent they left in removed yesterday. I'm feeling MUCH better today. So one more medical issue down! I'm planning on starting the Vitex again soon but I'm adding other vitamins in as well and I wanted to add one at a time in case of unexpected side effects or reactions. I'm also looking forward to getting active again. I've been off my feet for too long.

Wow, never thought i would actually feel tall compared to you both, everyone calls me shorty but I'm 5 3" :) my husband is a lot taller than me though.

Jules thanks for the tip with yoghurt, i did that today and i think it helped. What do you mean by sandwiching?
This met is really hard to cope with, every day im sleepy and nauseas most of the morning/afternoon.

Danna, thanks for the encouraging words, i hope we can all be as successful as you were sometime soon. Do you think you did anything different from the cycle where femara didnt respond to the one with your bfp?

I don't ever think life hands you what you planned, i always said kids around 27 so I'm still on track, providing i fall pregnant this year. :winkwink:

Im just annoyed that i don't ever seem to get in the tww to even have that wisp of hope that there might be a bfp at the end of it :sigh:

My husband is also tall 6'3!!!! its quite the sh*t show seeing us together.

Hopefully, we changed my dose and the days I took it. It's also when I changed my diet so that might have played a role : )

Hey everyone! I just got back from the second u/s. I am feeling so /so. I had two follicles that look almost ready to go. The one on the right is 17 and the one on the left is 19, which I am happy about. :) The part that annoyed me was the question of if I wanted to do a trigger shot if the LH isn't where it should be. I kind of wish they would have warned me prior to now...like Tuesday when I was first in there. The only place my insurance will cover most of it is an online pharmacy and it wouldn't get here til Monday. She wants me to trigger tomorrow morning if I need to...well to get it on time I would have to go to a local pharmacy and it would be about $200. We didn't plan for that and don't have $200 for it so it can't happen, which means if my blood work comes back with low LH and I don't ovulate then this whole cycle was a bust. Lameeeee!!! Fingers crossed for good hormone levels!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->