PCOS and TTC #1

I have had a flare up of acne all over and I think it might be the vitex, anyone have suggestions?

That happened to me when my hormones started balancing out and the extra estrogen was being expelled. I just scrubbed my skin and waited. Sorry I don't have any ideas to get rid of it quicker.

Mint tea Hopefully! It lowers free testosterone which can cause acne in us PCOS gals, works a charm for me! I drink 4 cups a day (there's no cafeine)

Hi, new to writing on threads here. Haven't done so much reading of these threads since visiting my doctor for possible PCOS. All tests came back normal, but have other symptoms of psos. Waiting for ultrasound for comfirmation. I'm 29 and have been off bc (Cerazette) for 9 months now after being on different pills for the last 8 years. We are ntnp, had a period 2 months after stopping bc, then they have been irregular since, longest 59 days so far, currently on cd51. Have been bbt and checking cm for ovulation, which I don't think I have the last couple of cycles. As LP temps have been up and down like a roller coaster. It's only just recently that it has worried me about not being able to conceive, I believe I was born to be a mother (aren't we all). So, I've been doing a lot of research and thread reading on Vitex Agnus Castus. I've seen more positive feedback than negative so that's got to be good! Thought I'd give a go, on day 8 of 1000mg per day. I know it can take awhile to work but I think its kind of working. Had EWCM a few days back and bad headache over the last few days. Hopefully it will shorten my cycle length and regulate ovulation!! FX. :thumbup:

Anyone else trying Vitex?

Hi nzchic, welcome to the board, hopefully you will get the diagnosis you need soon so you can work on getting your body in gear for pregnancy. It's good your bloods came back normal although rather unusual if your not having proper cycles and anovulatory cycles. What did they test for in the bloods?
Irregular cycles can be a pain I know. My last was 50+ days and longest was 70+ so I'm now taking vitex, it's causing acne however so it's scaring me into thinking it's not the right herb as it is unbalancing my hormones even more, I will stick it out (I think) and see what happens in the next week,

Danna I do drink spearmint tea which I think has been helping my spots beforehand but obviously I think the vitex is overruling it right now...

Veryblue was the acne flare up bad for you? And did it stick around for long?

I took vitex (highest recommended dose for PCOS), along with pretty much every recommended supplement and vitamin for PCOS, including green tea and spearmint tea for about 3 months, lost 55 lbs and suffered cystic back acne during that time. It's better but I think because for so many years I ate junk food and had a build up of excess estrogen it's taking it's time to slowly leave my body. I stopped a few supplements at a time, hoping the acne would clear, to the point where I've now been on zero supplements for two months and the acne is still occurring. I never had acne on my back before. If it was the vitex or another supplement causing it I'm thinking it would've cleared by now. I truly believe it's toxins/excess estrogen leaving my body- because I still am eating clean, allowing for my body to keep healing. I'm still overweight and any excess fat can carry excess estrogen.

I'm sorry you're breaking out :( it's miserable!

Hi nzchic, glad to have you join us! Sounds like you're on the right path to babyland. I know what you mean about being meant to be a mom. I know I'm supposed to have children! <3

That would explain me breaking out! I didn't put the 2 together! I have been getting breakouts on my shoulders and upper arms!

Hi all, yeah the breakout is horrid, I must admit that if it continues throughout the whole cycle I might not continue to take it, but I'm giving IT a chance, out of interest I have a perfectly normal LP length, do you think vitex will mess with that as all i really want is it to shorted my follicular stage.
Shortcakes, I would most definately say it's the vitex causing the acne if it's not something your body usually does.

Vitex can cause problems with cycles in some women, whereas for most it'll help balance hormones and regulate the cycle. That's my understanding of it.

Hopefullyopto, had nearly everything as I hadn't had full blood work done for awhile. That's no fun with the acne! Hopefully it clears soon. I drink spearmint and red raspberry leaf tea also.

Hey ladies, had IUI done yesterday, it was very fast and painless and now I wait, althought I have a feeling the timing of the IUI was a bit late, or not, they should know better than me... : P

My doc was very reassuring abot PCOS last time I talked to him. He said it is becomming very common, and although we might never "fix" me, we will get me to ovulate and get pregnant, and if we wanted another one, we'd just come back to see him again and he'd make it work again. He sounded so sure of it that it soothed me haha.

Danna that's ace! So nice to have a reassuring doctor, mine are absolutely useless. Fx they did it at the right time and it catches the egg!
I guess you should be officially in the tww very very soon! :D

Today has been a pretty rough day. I am cd14 so I've opk 3 times today and still only just a very faint line. So I decided to sulk watching annoucements on YouTube and cry (sometimes it's needed). It's just so frustrating!!

Shortcakes, I think only a small percentage of ladies ovulate on CD 14. Even with a 28 day cycle which isn't the norm but just the average when you take into account "normal periods" 28 is about in the middle. You'll ovulate, hang in there!

I agree with veryblueaspple, shortcakes! When I am not on ovulation meds, I ovulate around CD19.

But even then, you have to remember that OPKs will be positive several days BEFORE you ovulate. Have you been using OPKs since CD10 or did you just start today?

Thanks for the kind words ladies!

I agree shortcake, cd14 is only an average, keep testing you'll get it! Are you temping too?

Today has been a pretty rough day. I am cd14 so I've opk 3 times today and still only just a very faint line. So I decided to sulk watching annoucements on YouTube and cry (sometimes it's needed). It's just so frustrating!!

Hi shortcakes, this popped up in my "unreads" today so hope you don't mind me commenting.

Did you know that OPKs don't always work for those of us with PCOS? It is likely that you will get a few surges each month (thereby making it hard to tell which surge actually results in O).

I lost a lot of weight (40kg+) after being diagnosed with PCOS in 2008 and my cycles regulated but a 2010/11 blood test (I think it was called CD21?) showed I was still having anovulatory cycles and I was told I wouldn't conceive w/out medical assistance. So when my cycle stretched back out to 45+ days I did a pregnancy test just to rule it out so when GP asked me I could say I wasn't pregnant... needless to say I was shocked (as was she) when it turned up positive!

When we decided to try for no.2 I knew OPKs weren't going to work for me. What did work (for me) was DTD every other day (or at least every 3rd day) from the end of AF to the start of the next. It meant I didn't stress about the negative OPKs or whether I was missing something (and DH was pretty happy about it too).

EDIT: the only supplement I took in the cycle I conceived with DS2 was vitamin D like clockwork.

Please don't lose hope, it'll happen :hugs:

That is true too (what Berri said) I stopped taking OPKs about 6-8 months ago because I would get 3-4 positive ones a month. So now I just rely on temps to get me by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->