• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Thanks for sharing that Berri. I love hearing PCOS success stories.

This is my first month not using opks, I'm relying on temp, cm & cp. One month I got negatives all the way through ovulation, and another month I kept getting positives.

Bbt has been the most valuable tool for me in determining ovulation. My temps used to be quite rocky, but then I switched to vaginal temps and they're more consistent and smooth on the graph. While asleep if you ever alter how you breathe (mouth open one night, mouth closed the next) your temps can be inconsistent.

I agree with veryblueaspple, shortcakes! When I am not on ovulation meds, I ovulate around CD19.

But even then, you have to remember that OPKs will be positive several days BEFORE you ovulate. Have you been using OPKs since CD10 or did you just start today?

No... i started on day 5 because i dont know exactly when i ovulate so i just wanted to test out the whole cycle to see what is going on.

Thanks for the kind words ladies!

I agree shortcake, cd14 is only an average, keep testing you'll get it! Are you temping too?

No.. i was temping and it was all over the place so my doctor suggested i stop because it was really making me anxious.

Today has been a pretty rough day. I am cd14 so I've opk 3 times today and still only just a very faint line. So I decided to sulk watching annoucements on YouTube and cry (sometimes it's needed). It's just so frustrating!!

Hi shortcakes, this popped up in my "unreads" today so hope you don't mind me commenting.

Did you know that OPKs don't always work for those of us with PCOS? It is likely that you will get a few surges each month (thereby making it hard to tell which surge actually results in O).

I lost a lot of weight (40kg+) after being diagnosed with PCOS in 2008 and my cycles regulated but a 2010/11 blood test (I think it was called CD21?) showed I was still having anovulatory cycles and I was told I wouldn't conceive w/out medical assistance. So when my cycle stretched back out to 45+ days I did a pregnancy test just to rule it out so when GP asked me I could say I wasn't pregnant... needless to say I was shocked (as was she) when it turned up positive!

When we decided to try for no.2 I knew OPKs weren't going to work for me. What did work (for me) was DTD every other day (or at least every 3rd day) from the end of AF to the start of the next. It meant I didn't stress about the negative OPKs or whether I was missing something (and DH was pretty happy about it too).

EDIT: the only supplement I took in the cycle I conceived with DS2 was vitamin D like clockwork.

Please don't lose hope, it'll happen :hugs:

Of course i dont mind that you posted!!! Thank you so much for the optimism.. its pretty hard to think positive some days. I am thinking of stopping OPK after this month if i dont get a single positive and just relying on chance.

Yeah temping is stressful... But for me not temping or doing opks is stressful too, I was so scared I'd just miss it after waiting forever for Ovulation xP

So I just accepted that TTC would be a stressfull journey for me... damn PCOS.

Shortcakes you need to find what suits you best, if you find either stressful then my advice is so not bother doing them. I don't really rely on OPK's and have only done them a small amount of times,
I much prefer relying on cm and temps to at least confirm that ovulation has actually happened and whether I have timed it right.

Vaginal bbt charting seems like it might work for you if you decided to try it again. It's statistically proven to give you are more accurate and consistent reading.
Don't dwell on not ovulating on cd14, it's only a statistic that it way out of date, a lot of woman have it a lot later.

Berri lovely to hear about your successful pregnancy, fx for no.2 I wish we all get our BFP's soon!

Sorry berri, read that completely wrong it was meant to be fx for no.3 if you are going to try.

Shortcakes you need to find what suits you best, if you find either stressful then my advice is so not bother doing them. I don't really rely on OPK's and have only done them a small amount of times,
I much prefer relying on cm and temps to at least confirm that ovulation has actually happened and whether I have timed it right.

Vaginal bbt charting seems like it might work for you if you decided to try it again. It's statistically proven to give you are more accurate and consistent reading.
Don't dwell on not ovulating on cd14, it's only a statistic that it way out of date, a lot of woman have it a lot later.

Berri lovely to hear about your successful pregnancy, fx for no.2 I wish we all get our BFP's soon!

So.. i know this is a stupid question.... vaginal bbt... just same thermometer.. stick it up there and let it beep?? lol.. sorry...

CM seems to be on point so far this month... i just tested again (at work ..lol) and still its light... i am beginning to think that OPK's just aren't going to pick it up for me?! Is that possible??

This is what i get all the time.. this is the one i just took.

image1.JPG

Shortcakes, I had the same thing for ages, my cycle was so unpredictable that I never thought i would get a positive OPK, then my breasts started hurting and I took one and low and behold there was the positive, (cd40) bodies are weird like that.
Keep an eye on your cm and don't loose hope on the OPKs, I'm sure you will ovulate sooner than you think.

I was hoping this was the month because my cycle seemed to be on schedule.. fingers crossed for the next couple of days....

Shortcakes, to answer your question about vaginal bbt, sorry if this is TMI but this is how I do it:

While laying in bed bend your knees, feet on the bed, turn the thermometer on, use one hand to spread your lips (like you're putting in a tampon) and the other to put the thermometer in. Make sure to put it in the same depth each time (i go almost to the reading window). At that point I straighten and relax my legs, keeping my thighs together (let go of the thermometer, it should stay in place without having to hold it). When it beeps pull it out.
Keep alcohol naps by your bed to sanitize the thermometer immediately, or bring it to the bathroom and wash it off with soap and warm water.

Just like checking my cervix, I was a little worried if vbbt would be worth it or just a big hassle, and if I'd do it right. It's simple though and you get used to it. It's so much better than oral temping!

Good luck with ovulation, fx for you :).

AFM I think I might be ovulating today.

Thanks Very!! I may have to give that a whirl next cycle.

AND that is great for you ovulating!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you! I'm surprised at how much earlier I ovulate as the months go by. I never used to ovulate at all and when I had a rare period, the cycles were anovulatory! We're (me and DH) are ecstatic about me ovulating! I'm super thankful :)

Such a great time to ovulate too, I love the fantastic weather we're having! I feel like when I have ovulated I've been active and happy. Yesterday I ran around with my puppy, went to the dog park, took a hand in hand walk with DH. Today is supposed to be 75 degrees!
Maybe it's the other way around, and just knowing I'm ovulating or 'might be soon' gives me that extra dose of happiness? Or it's just cause it's the calm before the storm. I turn into kind of a wreck during the tww! Hopefully I can remain calm this ttw, wait for the test date, and not be such a poas addict.

I have a question. I sometimes get this weird skin thing where I feel like my skin is hot and it almost feels like a tingling/burning sensation.. its mainly on my arms and face/scalp.

I was wondering if anyone else gets this?? I maybe thought it was something with PCOS or coming off birth control because i started noticing it about 1-2 weeks after coming off my birth control.

I've never experienced what you're describing. I used to get hot flashes, but I don't think that's the same as what's happening to you.

Have you consulted with your doctor about this?

I've never experienced what you're describing. I used to get hot flashes, but I don't think that's the same as what's happening to you.

Have you consulted with your doctor about this?

I have.. she said that its not related.( that was my obgyn).

My Primary said its my anxiety...

So pretty much no one is listening..lol.

Hi shortcakes, what you have mentioned doesn't sound like its related to PCOS, I used to get it a lot and still do on random occasions and it was to do with my anxiety which was brought on by my BCP.
Do you feel under any sort of stress?
Obviously it might not be anything to do with anxiety, just mention it from experience.

Hi shortcakes, what you have mentioned doesn't sound like its related to PCOS, I used to get it a lot and still do on random occasions and it was to do with my anxiety which was brought on by my BCP.
Do you feel under any sort of stress?
Obviously it might not be anything to do with anxiety, just mention it from experience.

I'm always stressed!!

Shortcakes it might be good to find a way to relax, if you can find time in your schedule to do some exercise (nothing to strenuous) or meditation/yoga.
For me I learnt deep breathing exercises and went swimming. I also saw a counsellor as I got to quite a bad place but try something that works for you, push yourself out of that comfort zone every once in a while and you will get there, believe me! I did it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->