• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

It's extremely frustrating how they just throw the BCP at you and don't want to help further, it seems if you have good insurance in the states that you are more likely to be helped than if you are in the UK,
I have therefore made steps to contact both a private fertility clinic and additionally an endocrinologist at a private clinic in London (I work in London) so it might cost me thousands but I may get some answers. Annoying that I have to go down this root though as private medical insurance over here will not cover fertility...

I know it's not fair in any way. The only positive I think is this struggle makes us more appreciative and loving mothers.

Funny my husband said something similar, the fact that we want this baby so much means that we will be better parents because of it :)

This is not to say that anyone who gets pregnant quickly/easily will not make fantastic parents (just want to put that out there)

Here's hoping for a Christmas baby fx!

Happy Easter! Enjoy the day, hopefully the weather too! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-05-07-49-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-07-49-34.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
Happy Easter, girls. I am sorry Hope that you have to go down that road. But i am guarantee you will be a great mother.

Very .. i am in the same boat... hoping for a Christmas baby fx. I can't wait to test!!

Hi Ladies :flower:

Mind if I join you? I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am TTC #1. I was diagnosed in January of this year. I am lucky to have no problems with excess hair or acne, but I have long annovulatory cycles. I stopped birth control pills in February of 2014 and didn't have a period until October when I had a 17-day period. The next two cycles have been 73 and 72 days. I had a vaginal ultrasound in January that confirmed polycystic ovaries. I live in Denmark and I was told I have to lower my BMI to 32 to qualify for fertility help on the national health service. We will start with clomid and proceed to IUI and IVF if needed. I suspected PCOS last year based on own symptoms and research, so I started a low-GI/low-calorie diet in September of 2014, and that is how I am losing weight. So right now I am in a sort of holding pattern until I get my weight low enough. But I am looking forward to meeting other ladies who can relate to this horrible disease and supporting each other until we get our BFPs.

:hugs:

Hi Mrs T, welcome! I'm very similar to you. I had tests done and the doc told me to get my bmi to 30 but I actually got it to 29! It took a couple years until I figured out what worked for me, because as you know losing weight with PCOS is really hard! I'm ovulating now, whereas before (for many years) I wasn't ovulating, having only about 3 cycles a year. I became estrogen dominant with high androgens. Things are getting better in so many ways now. I'm really happy and proud of my personal achievements. It's definitely possible with determination to reach your goals. I look forward to getting to know you better and following your progress!

P.s. if you go to page 4 of this thread you can learn a bit more about me. :flower:

Shortcakes, when are you testing? Ekkkk! I'm so excited!

Welcome Mrs T, it's really hard for us all with the diagnosis of PCOS, but a positive that you can take from it is that you know what's causing the issues and it is something that you can control to a certain extent.
I don't actually have experience with having a high bmi which contributes to the PCOS problems, before coming off the pill I decided to get my weight down and lost 28 pounds so my bmi is well within limits which for me actually makes it a little harder because something else must be causing the hormone inbalance, you are definitely on the right track by changing your diet and I'm sure it will work wonders for you :)
Welcome to the group, I hope you stick around as we have created a nice supportive group thus far :)

Hey Mrs. T... welcome... I too struggle with weight but that is great news that you have found something that has been working for you!! We are really supportive in this group.

Very... I begin testing next week. I should wait until next saturday (the 18th) BUUTTT i will probably test Friday because i am so impatient.

Thanks for the welcome. So far I have lowered my BMI from 51,4 to 37,9 and it doesn't seem to have made any difference with regards to my cycles or ovulation, though I don't have any signs of insulin resistance anymore in my blood work. And having lost 38 kg means I'm getting my life back in other ways (able to be active, not in pain all the time, etc). I'm quite stocky and muscular with large bone structure, so I'll be happy if I eventually get my BMI to under 30, but for now I am just focusing on the goal of getting it to 32 so I can move to the next phase of my treatment.

:hugs: and :dust: to all.

I have so many Wondfos I'll probably start testing on Thursday, which is 8 dpo for me. I know it's practically impossible to get a BFP that soon, but I feel better poas than not lol. It's like in my own weird way I'm doing something, better than nothing. I wish I could just chill and not obsess over getting pregnant!! ;)

I'll share my results each day. I hope we win the baby lotto this month fx!

Mrs T, when my bmi was at 37 I wasn't ovulating either. As it gets lower you should notice more changes and start ovulating. I'm really happy for you that you've been so successful on this personal journey so far! It feels great to shed weight and bit by bit get your body functioning. Having a baby really is the ultimate motivator for women like us who will be great mommies.

Very... i too have like 20 wondfos...lol and digitals as backups haha.... right now i am 3dpo

Oops sorry I disappeared! Thank you so much ladies for the welcome. <3

I wanted to add that I also read that taking red raspberry leaf is good for strengthening the uterus lining and for regulating cycles. I have a friend who is an herbalist and she swears by the stuff for helping minimize cramps. I already have the tea so I'm going to try drinking it regularly and see if I feel any changes.

My body is weird because I seem to have all the symptoms of ovulation and menstruation but just no bleeding. So there is hope that I'm ovulating! My doctor said that when we're ready they can try putting me on BCP for a cycle to regulate my period. They say that some women get pregnant right away after that. We're just tying up some loose health issues and then we'll be ready! But secretly I keep hoping we'll just get pregnant without any intervention. Wishful thinking probably. :winkwink:

I have so many Wondfos I'll probably start testing on Thursday, which is 8 dpo for me. I know it's practically impossible to get a BFP that soon, but I feel better poas than not lol. It's like in my own weird way I'm doing something, better than nothing. I wish I could just chill and not obsess over getting pregnant!! ;)

I'll share my results each day. I hope we win the baby lotto this month fx!

Mrs T, when my bmi was at 37 I wasn't ovulating either. As it gets lower you should notice more changes and start ovulating. I'm really happy for you that you've been so successful on this personal journey so far! It feels great to shed weight and bit by bit get your body functioning. Having a baby really is the ultimate motivator for women like us who will be great mommies.

FX for you veryblueapple! After all that hard work you put in, I think you should just immediately get your BFP! :dust:

Thanks for the welcome. So far I have lowered my BMI from 51,4 to 37,9 and it doesn't seem to have made any difference with regards to my cycles or ovulation, though I don't have any signs of insulin resistance anymore in my blood work. And having lost 38 kg means I'm getting my life back in other ways (able to be active, not in pain all the time, etc). I'm quite stocky and muscular with large bone structure, so I'll be happy if I eventually get my BMI to under 30, but for now I am just focusing on the goal of getting it to 32 so I can move to the next phase of my treatment.

:hugs: and :dust: to all.

Hi Mrs. T! My cycles didn't regulate either and I lost 100 pounds which isn't that much more than you. Sometimes women can have irregular cycles no matter how much they weigh. But feeling healthier and more energetic has it's own rewards so yay for that! And don't worry about your cycles, there are other treatments available for that too aside from losing weight. :hugs: We'll all get there!

Baby dust to all of you ladies that are testing soon!!:)

Mrs. T- Hiii!! I know you from the weight loss thread! lol

verybluepineapple- You are so right when you say that wanting a baby is a great motivator. Sometimes I wish I could just chill and relax about it, but it has also pushed me to learn more about myself. If I wasn't determined then I would have waited a lot longer to find out about my PCOS. I

babysquash- There is nothing wrong with hoping things happen naturally, you never know. I hope the red raspberry leaf helps. I have never heard of drinking that before so I am interested to see your updates about the benefits. :)

Oops sorry I disappeared! Thank you so much ladies for the welcome. <3

I wanted to add that I also read that taking red raspberry leaf is good for strengthening the uterus lining and for regulating cycles. I have a friend who is an herbalist and she swears by the stuff for helping minimize cramps. I already have the tea so I'm going to try drinking it regularly and see if I feel any changes.

My body is weird because I seem to have all the symptoms of ovulation and menstruation but just no bleeding. So there is hope that I'm ovulating! My doctor said that when we're ready they can try putting me on BCP for a cycle to regulate my period. They say that some women get pregnant right away after that. We're just tying up some loose health issues and then we'll be ready! But secretly I keep hoping we'll just get pregnant without any intervention. Wishful thinking probably. :winkwink:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to conceive without intervention. I am sure that is what all of us would love! I am hopeful. I never heard of the tea but i am all about trying more of a naturalistic approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->