PCOS Buddies TTC#1

Thanks! I think its worse when you dont know whats going on as well fully and what will work and the waiting seems unbearable because you dont know if its helping or not and everything takes so long?!
Hopefully we will all get through it together though!
xox
BABY DUST!

hi all, I'm new to this forum....i've been reading posts for a couple of weeks but finally had the guts to post today:blush:
I've been married 1 year and 4 months.
~Married dec '10
~Me - 29 DH - 28
~had the implant in feb '11 (only for a month coz i hated it, i bled for 3weeks and put on a lot of weight)
~switched to BCP March - May
~1st cycle was about 45 days (wasn't checking)
~2nd cycle was about 60 days
~3rd cycle was about 30 days
~4th cycle was about 150days!
on my 5th cycle currently CD46

As depressing as this is, I've been told 3 days ago by my GP that the one of my ovaries (right) is a bit bulky and has a sac of blood which may mean i have polysystic ovaries. I wasnt offered any help or advice except to eat healthy, exercise and take multivitamins. when I asked for a gynae, I was told i had to wait till May (12 month mark of ttc) for them to do anything.

Now I have no clue what to do, ov testing? pg testing? I got +ve on OPK (CB) on CD14 and CD15 and BD'ed on both days as well as before and after. all i got was some cramping CD23 - CD29 but no AF.
I just started to take Angus Castus 2 days ago and also been jogging/walking for 3 days and counting...was really hoping and praying for a 2012 baby:cry:
Any advice is very much welcome

:dust:

Welcome fertiliciousx....+ve OPK does not mean that you have really ovulated, it means that your LH surge has reached its peak and you are ready to ovulate, however it may happen that you havent yet....so would advice you to keep testing and BD every alternate so that you do not miss your most fertile period...!!!

PCOS does not let you loose weight like a normal body, it takes time so do not loose hope....what medication are you on now by the way..?

Thanks alot jogu07...What you said about the positive OPK makes sense (another thing learned about ttc). so how do i actually know i have ovulated. I just ordered a BBT thermometer over the weekend and today I actually started temping. Am i right in saying your temp goes up (noticably) just before ovulation and then drops (noticably) after ovulation (or on ovulation day)?
Still on course with my dieting and exercise, I haven't checked my weight to see the progress yet. Also it's been one week on agnus castus and initially the first 2 days had almost ewcm which went from creamy to nearly dry now. but still no AF. Had a few cramps lower belly which half the time felt like ov pains on both sides and other times general crampy pains which were not as painful as PMS/AF cramps.
As for medication, do you mean stuff like metaformin, clomid etc prescribed from the drs? If you do, i'm not on any meds cuz according to my dr i have to come back in May before they do anything to help (after 12months ttc).
The only meds i'm taking are prenatal vitamins Pregnacare, folic acid, starflower & EPO, normal multivitamins, agnus castus. i was also taking Seven seas Womens hormonal balancing capsules but stopped taking them a while back.

Any more tips or advice. what's the latest with you if you don't mind my asking. :dust:

Thanks alot jogu07...What you said about the positive OPK makes sense (another thing learned about ttc). so how do i actually know i have ovulated. I just ordered a BBT thermometer over the weekend and today I actually started temping. Am i right in saying your temp goes up (noticably) just before ovulation and then drops (noticably) after ovulation (or on ovulation day)?
Still on course with my dieting and exercise, I haven't checked my weight to see the progress yet. Also it's been one week on agnus castus and initially the first 2 days had almost ewcm which went from creamy to nearly dry now. but still no AF. Had a few cramps lower belly which half the time felt like ov pains on both sides and other times general crampy pains which were not as painful as PMS/AF cramps.
As for medication, do you mean stuff like metaformin, clomid etc prescribed from the drs? If you do, i'm not on any meds cuz according to my dr i have to come back in May before they do anything to help (after 12months ttc).
The only meds i'm taking are prenatal vitamins Pregnacare, folic acid, starflower & EPO, normal multivitamins, agnus castus. i was also taking Seven seas Womens hormonal balancing capsules but stopped taking them a while back.

Any more tips or advice. what's the latest with you if you don't mind my asking. :dust:[/QUOTE]

Havent started temping yet but you can ask the lovely ladies out here who already do it, they would be able to guide you better....evn m thinking of starting it so lets be tempin beddies...:haha: But I am waiting for the witch to pay her visit which is due tomo, can start once she arrives...!!! Dont know what to except this cycle as I was regular till last cycle which was a complete mess ( 70 days long) so bit confused...!!!

No hun, y would i mind, we all are here together in this to help and support each other as TTC drives us crazy...uh...!!! Well, as my prolactin level was a little elevated, have been prescribed Cabliz tab once a week for 2 weeks, adjusted dose for thyroid and shed some weight...!!! What was annoying is that the doc did not bother to know if I was ovulating or no as I hadnt ovulated till CD17....!!! Shed weight in 2 months and repeat test for TSH and also folliular study but after 2 months provided I succeed in shedding some weight..!!!

I am also taking calcium and folic acid, prescribed by the doc....thts it...thinkin of tryin green tea this cycle, what say..?

@jogu07,
I am so happy you are able to shed some pounds, they say it will help! Good luck

@jogu07,
I am so happy you are able to shed some pounds, they say it will help! Good luck

Yes fm, i m tryin my best to...!!! what CD are you on, I am sorry if you have mentioned this before...just keepin a track where we all are in this...!!!

AF was due today but hasnt shown up yet and no signs/symptoms yet...!!! I am not testing cause I am sure this is not my month as we could not bd much as was at my mom's place...!!!

How are you doin..???

Hi to Faith n Hope and all the other ladies...!!! Comon guys lets make this thread more active, we all are together in this, remember...!!!

jogu07, I am going for an ultrasound Sunday to see if my follicles are growing...

jogu07, I am going for an ultrasound Sunday to see if my follicles are growing...

Hey fm....GL to you and hope you get to hold your LO sooner than expected...!!!

Loads and tons of :dust::dust::dust::dust:

my update - Today is CD31 and yet waiting for the witch to knock me down...:haha:

Hi ladies, I started this thread a few weeks ago and didn't realize so many people had joined! I'm glad we can all support each other since we're all in similar situations :hugs:

I was devastated when my doctor told me I had PCOS but I had a feeling something was wrong so I wasn't too surprised. He told me to take Metformin for a few months to regulate my cycle and that if I wasn't pregnant by the end of April I should try Clomid. But ever since I started the Metformin in Feb I haven't had AF! It's been 70 days now so I don't understand what's going on. It seems Metformin helps everyone get AF on here so why is it the opposite with me?? :confused: My cycles have always been 25-35 days. I keep wondering if I'm pregnant... Just made an appt with my doctor for next Monday so I can finally get some answers. I can't stand being in limbo anymore! :wacko:

Jess...I never got AF with Metformin...I had to tale progeaterone to vet AF and then during cd3-7 I tok clomid. ...I am going for IUI tomorrow morning. We took the trigger shot last night.
Good luck ladies!

@Jess - We are so glad you started this thread...thank hun....aww so sorry about Pcos, can understand how it feels...!!! chin up girl we all are gonna come out of this...!!! 70 days is pretty long time..!!! Hope you get your answers soon...!!! Have you tried testing recently, if not please test...!!!
GL to you for your appointment...!!! Baby dust to you...!!!

@Fm - How did your scan go...?? GL for the IUI..!!! Hope it clicks for you the first time...!!!

Afm - I am CD34 and still waitin for AF...:cry:!!!

We had our first round of insemmination this morning! Now the dreaded TWW...how soon can I find out if I am pregnant?

Hello ladies! So two days after the insemmination..cant imagine waiting two weeks!!!! Going nuts in my head...just wanted to share...have a good night everyone!

Aww bless you bet it feels like the longest two weeks ever! Try and do happy things and not stress! Easier said than done though!
BABY DUST!!!!!!!
xox

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website. I've been reading other journeys in ttc n i decided to share my story and get some options or opinions. I've been ttc for over a year now in the middle of last year I decided to go to my ob since I knew something was wrong I've always had irregular cycles and haven't used any birth control in years. I found I have pcos so the doctor put me on clomid. I did 2 cycles in which both were started with provera I didnt like how my body reacted to it. So i decided not to take another rd and instead try losing weight n eating better before trying again since I'm lil over weight. In the process stilldoing my research I found a natural herb to help me regulate my cycles called vitex. I would definitelyrecommenditittook my cycles from about 90 days to 45 been taking it since the end of january. But I've been doing more research and found a lot of info on maca.I want to try it but not sure if its ok to take together with vitex or better being taken alone. Both herbs have great n similar benefits but from what I have found maca has a better success rate. Has anyone else tried maca and/or vitex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->