PCOS Club!

I love looking at other people's charts and seeing trends. The funniest one I see is the one concerning BD. Our poor DH's....we give 'em sex for so many days, and then as soon as O occurs, we slack off :haha: Poor guys :blush:

It is funny that you say that. My Oh was complaining about it today. I told him when I got off work I would fix him up.

Courtney - you are so right! It's every 48-24 hours around ovulation and then at best once afterwards! Lol!

Red - enjoy "fixing" hubby up ;)

CD1 for me today and am certainly not enjoying the delights of af!!

Lady - where about in the UK are you going to?

I will try it is just that is feels more like a job then anything else so we will see. But I was thinking about it maybe we do this so they are more into it around the time we need them to be. Funny i know but it does make since.

well i think im OH was thinking i want it too much lol he was like i just dont want to all the time....well TOO BAD!!!!!!!!! lol

so does all this bd seem like its more of " making love" or "making babies" to u guys and oh? too us it kinda became habit just to jump to buisness iykwim. i think because we have been trying so long it just became so stressful and everything with never knowing if im going to O so sticking to bd-ing everyday ....so how is it all for every1 else in here?

I think it is baby making not love making not any more :cry:. Well we will get back to love making I am sure one day :thumbup:. Got to do what you got to do is what I say.

Update for you all.

We had a talk last night and basicaly it all stems from him being scared as he feels he wont be a good father, nothing could be further from the truth, we have agreed not to do any more ovualtion tests and just:sex: anytime we feel like it as he doesnt want to take the fun out of it, bless him.

What a turn around from yesturday, so we are still on this long journey of trying for a family plus the make up :sex: was amazing (sorry to much info)

Thank you all for your comments and help.

Aww, R&G - Im sooo pleased for you :happydance: It's exactly what happened to hubby and I about 2 weeks ago!

And do you know what - I bet it will happen much quicker for you with this approach! We are also not doing opk's this cycle and I will stop temping next wednesday when we arrive in Cali. I also hope to just BD when we feel like it and have a really good feeling about it!

Sma - at the moment we are the same...and I absolutely hate it :nope: I would love to conceive our baby in love, not just technical BD'ing like rabbits :cry:

CD2 for me and this af is a witch! I don't remember it being so heavy in ages :wacko:

I was just wondering if any of u pcos ladies have ever been on clomid xx

Hi ladies can i join in too? i have PCOS and have been diagnosed with it 4months ago.. been NTNP since january so 9month and no bfp yet..
keepsmiling - My doctor has put me on clomid as of my next cycle.. but i dont know when my AF will come as they are all over the place at the moment :( i used to be 28day cycle until april and then i would have a period, then miss a period and the cycles carried on like that... DH has had a sperm test and is over the moon as he has supersperm, so honestly i just feel like its all my fault we arnt concieving xxx

:dust: to you all xxx

I was just wondering if any of u pcos ladies have ever been on clomid xx
Me me!

Clomid cycle 1 50mg ov on CD15 :bfn:
Clomid cycle 2 50mg ov on Cd22 :bfn:
Clomid cycle 3 100mg ?
DH has had a sperm test and is over the moon as he has supersperm, so honestly i just feel like its all my fault we arnt concieving xxx
PCOS is not much of your fault, we were born with it:winkwink:
Only problem is oving which Clomid is going to fix:thumbup:

thanks quaver.. im hoping it will sort my ovulation out.. i cant wait to get started but im worried it might not work.. fingers crossed eh! my husband is quite positive clomid will help me concieve :happydance:

Good luck to all pcos and clomid ladies! :) xx :dust:

im joining the club as of today i was told i have pcos

iv been precribed metformin ..

hope this helps?

Wow we have a lot of new ladies joining us! Welcome! :flower: I hope your stay at the PCOS club is short and sweet :haha:

Well tested this morning (14 DPO) and another BFN. I guess if AF doesn't show up by Friday I'll test again. This is my first cycle on Clomid so I'm not quite sure what to expect--should AF arrive on its own or do you think I need to go on Provera again to get it jump started?

Maria--I'll be in Liverpool at the end of the month. It's where DH is from and his parents still live there.

Well I'm no expert but by whot my gs tol me if I ovd af shud arrive on it's own but clomid can lengten ur lp so if it's normaly 14 days it's not unusual to lengethen or 16 xx

Well, ladies, I just got a call from my doctor.

She said based on my progesterone levels on Day 21 she's determined that I did not ovulate :cry:. She said it's very strange that I had a positive OPK on Day 19 but that my hormone levels should have been elevated enough to let her know about ovulation.

She wants me to come in and do a blood test to double check that I'm not pregnant and then she's going to prescribe me some Provera to start AF and she's going to bump the Clomid up to 100 mg.

Lady - no offense to your Dr but she doesn't seem to know much about hormones and ovulation. You now you ovulated some time around CD20, right? So how can you Dr say that based on your CD21 bloods you didn't ovulate?!

Your progesterone peaks on 7DPO which in your case is CD27 - 6 days later than when you had the blood done :dohh: So if I were you I wouldn't worry. Im sure you ov'ed!
The reason why it's called Day 21 test is that it is assumed (VERY WRONGLY!!) that each woman has a perfect 28 days cycle with ovulation on CD14 - hence making CD21 a 7 DPO!

I have also heard that Clomid can lengthen your luteal phase.

Welcome to all the new ladies :flower:

I have just had my first cycle on Clomid 50mg and I ovulated :happydance:. Didn't conceive though :cry:
I started Clomid round 2 today!! Keeping everything crossed this is our month :happydance:

Maria--well I got a positive OPK on CD19 but I didn't test before then so I don't know if I ovulated earlier. She said she doesn't put too much stock in the cheapie OPKs because its hard to judge whether or not its positive because people can interpret them differently :shrug:

I guess the blood test will tell if I'm pregnant or not anyways, right? Because its more accurate than HPTs? So if I'm not I might as well start the next cycle instead of waiting around to see if AF will or will not show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->