PCOS Club!

firefox- that's fab news! i hope everything goes well! it'll be a long wait, but it will be worth it in the end. FX'ed for you :)
xxx

Thanks!! It is a long wait but least I have more of an idea when its going to be which is nice! Somethings got to work somewhen..right!?!

Hows things with you?

x

hi ladies, i have pcos...gutted when i got told around 2 months back...been on metformin for 5 weeks, no period though for 76 days!!! so there sending me some tablets to start my AF... i hope this new cycle is the one

congrats lady!
firefox- thats great i hope some good news comes out of it... it will all be worth the wait in the end...remember ttc is all about waiting

thanks sma! hows you? waiting sucks but we're all doing it! Im mega impatient which doesnt help!

hi ladies, i have pcos...gutted when i got told around 2 months back...been on metformin for 5 weeks, no period though for 76 days!!! so there sending me some tablets to start my AF... i hope this new cycle is the one

Hi emz, hope the new cycle works! take it you dont normally have regular cycles which is why they put you on the metformin, are you insulin resistant?

congratulations lady..thats fab news!!!!!

Brill that the 100mg worked for you...did you have regular cycles before the clomid?

Thanks! :happydance:

Nope, not at all. My cycles ran from anywhere between 35-94 days long. The past couple of AFs had to be induced with progesterone.

thanks sma! hows you? waiting sucks but we're all doing it! Im mega impatient which doesnt help!

im the same way i hate waiting and when im so impatient it makes 2 days feel like 2 weeks i hate it!
im doing ok just cramping a little more than usual, i decided to take provera now and bring on a new full cycle so i have a fresh start. by the time i start it would have been time for a new cycle anyways (i mean the 2nd cycle if i would of had a full flow last time)

sounds like a good plan!

did you order the provera yourself online? im stuck at the moment as I know the docs wont prescribe it to me!

no i had 4 left from when they gave it to me last time, i only look 6 last time and started so im going to take the 4 and hopefully i start if not i will get a refill of mine.

That's fantastic news, Lady!!!!!!! I knew you were! Those temps looked fab! Did your temp go back up this morning? I can't see the chart anymore.
Massive congrats and Happy and Healthy 9 months. Any symptoms?
Keepsmiling - 13.6 for CD10 is good. I ovulated on CD19 last time so you have plenty of time.

MrsGAnderson- good luck for the new cycle. I'm hoping to be on CD1 next week and then it's 100mg of Clomid and scans

That's fantastic news, Lady!!!!!!! I knew you were! Those temps looked fab! Did your temp go back up this morning? I can't see the chart anymore.
Massive congrats and Happy and Healthy 9 months. Any symptoms?
Keepsmiling - 13.6 for CD10 is good. I ovulated on CD19 last time so you have plenty of time.

MrsGAnderson- good luck for the new cycle. I'm hoping to be on CD1 next week and then it's 100mg of Clomid and scans

Thanks, Maria!

Yeah, my temp went back up this morning! So that inspired me to take an HPT! :happydance:

The only symptoms I have are bloating and some AF type cramping.

EMZ - hopefully your cycle gets started soon!! I know how it feels to have long cycles

Firefox - thats great news :) Its nice to finally be able to get answers/help

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind if I join? A little about us…..we have been TTC for quite some time and have recently changed my doc and things seem to be getting better.
After various disappointments with my old doc, and basically being made to feel stupid for wanting are own child... made to feel like it’s not a legitimate issue to some I suppose. anyway, I have been with my new doc for for around 5/6 months and since then she has confirmed that I have PCOS.
I have very irregular AF (lucky if I get two a year) , I am ok weight-wise but am a little more hairy than ‘normal’ women . I have been given METFORMIN about 6 weeks ago and have already had a visit from AF... so fingers crossed as I am hoping to start tempting and testing again soon.
I am not 100% sure on what I should expect and whether having a period means I did actually OV, All I know is that I had very bad pains and cramps for at least two weeks before the AF finally appeared and it’s so weird to be in so much pain that your hot water bottle is practically glued to you but to still be happy because it one step closer.
I was wondering whether anyone can advise me on what to expect, and I know everyone is different but I don't want to get my hopes up because I really am not certain whether did OV or not and I am honestly scared of starting to temp and test again as there has so much disappointment for the last few years as initially we just had a NTNP attitude but up until a few months ago we were doing everything by the book for about 2 years but just decided to ‘give up’ because it made us so stressed ... I know I have rambled on a bit but just need some advice because I don’t want to go down that road again and zap out all the fun out of trying but I also don’t want to be the only female in the office has seemed to have got pregnant. Anything you could tell me about the Metformin side of things would be greatly appreciated.
I wish everyone luck… and hope that this is the year that you all get the BFP and i have read many of your stories and it is definatly deserved!!
Diz x

Courtney, glad you don't have cysts:happydance:

AFM, the FSH injections were easy and virtually:flower: painless, done 4 of them, 3 by me. It was with a pen shaped injection, and the needle were very fine. I couldn't feel it going in, but when I pushed the med in, I got a bit of a pain, but not bad:flower:

I had a scan yesterday, and both my follicles have grown to 18mm, so I had the trigger injection - in my bum! That was both embarrassing and painful:brat:

I have IUI on Saturday:thumbup:

I am so excited for you :hugs: I can't wait to see how things turn out! To think, this could be your month too!

And two follies! How do you feel about twins? If it happens, then what?

What injections did you take and what dose? What trigger did you get? And how did the IUI go today? I see there is a temp spike on your chart :happydance: I hope that eggy is there waiting for those :spermy: Sorry about all the quick fired questions :haha:

Gah! I am just so excited and anxious for you :hugs:

Look what I got this morning!!!!

View attachment 126221

:dance::yipee::wohoo::loopy:\\:D/:happydance:

Oh Lady! I am so happy for you I could :cry: I really hope you have a happy and healthy 9mo. But remember, just because you are no longer TTC, doesn't mean you can't keep in touch with us :hugs: Gosh I'm so happy for you! You have renewed and strengthened my hope :friends:

my AF came today i could feel it coming and its nice and heavy now ha! so im starting my next clomid cycle tomorrow. fingers crossed for this month girls! bonfire bumps here we come! :) FX!!

I'm glad you can start a new cycle now :flower: What dose are you taking? And I am assuming you are taking it CD2-6?

wellll... just been for cd 10 follie scan,,didnt go too well i dnt think
i had quite a fewl follies on my right, biggest bein 7mm
om my left i had a few little ones, biggest being 13.6 mm s iv gotta go bak in monday at 10,00am to c if its grown or not, if it hasnt then thy wil be upping the dose
my lining was 9.1 mm thick which he was impressed with
but i did have a cyct on my left overy of 20mm but he sed he wasnt concerned aboiut it
plus i dnt have cycts on my overies,, iv just got lots of little follie not actully cycts x

13.6mm is awesome for a CD10 scan! Like Quaver said, if your follicle grows at 2mm per day, then you should have a 19mm follicle on Monday (CD 13) and a 21mm on Tuesday (CD14). Are you triggering this cycle?

I phoned the hospital today to see where I am on the waiting list for my ovarian drilling op...they said that ive been pencilled in for the 7th Dec and that I should get a letter around six weeks before (so that will be the beginning of Nov!).

I was really happy that i've at least provisionally got a date even if is 7 weeks next tuesday....but its going to be a long old wait and could be longer if they do change it!!! Im keeping everything crossed and hoping it is then or sooner!!!

It is great to know that something is happening for you :hugs: I understand the waiting game and the stress of that wait :dohh: I hope that with the holiday season coming upon us, you will be so distracted that the 7 weeks fly by.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If I have left anyone out, I am sorry :flower: I have such high hopes for all of us and I can't wait for that day to come that we all get our BFPs.

I am so excited for you :hugs: I can't wait to see how things turn out! To think, this could be your month too!

What injections did you take and what dose? What trigger did you get? And how did the IUI go today? I see there is a temp spike on your chart :happydance: I hope that eggy is there waiting for those :spermy: Sorry about all the quick fired questions :haha:

Both eggs ov'd fine, lining was great and the cm was great too:haha:
I'd love twins:kiss:

BUT... DH's :spermy: was pretty disappointing, well the exact words the doctor used was 'very disappointing':blush:

Count, motility and morphology was v low. He did it anyway, but we are looking forward to the next IUI:cry:

The injections I took were FSH (follistim) 75iu self injections on CD6, 8, 10, 12, and trigger HCG injection 5000iu. IUI was a breeze, completely painless:thumbup:

Oh DH's spermies! Do your job!!!:hissy:

Both eggs ov'd fine, lining was great and the cm was great too:haha:
I'd love twins:kiss:

BUT... DH's :spermy: was pretty disappointing, well the exact words the doctor used was 'very disappointing':blush:

Count, motility and morphology was v low. He did it anyway, but we are looking forward to the next IUI:cry:

The injections I took were FSH (follistim) 75iu self injections on CD6, 8, 10, 12, and trigger HCG injection 5000iu. IUI was a breeze, completely painless:thumbup:

Oh DH's spermies! Do your job!!!:hissy:

Fingers crossed that many of your DHs good sperms made it through :)

courtney - yeh im on cd2-6 and scans on day 8 and 12 then progesterone tests on day21.. fingers crossed, im on 50mg, and O'd last month so DR is happy :D I hope your OK

Quaver, i hope this is only a minor blip for you and DH and imh glad that your body worked overtime this month to produce a few beans,better the chance with poor DH sperm speed :)

diz, sorry i cant help you with metformin as im on clomid, but i do wish you all the best in your journey to BFP :)

Maria - thanks for your support (all of you) im so glad to be on here with a bunch of fantastic people who understand what were going through, its lovely..

xx

My husband takes his :spermy: in tomorrow for his SA
I am so nervous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g