PCOS Club!

aww my DH was very nervous about his sperm test but his was all fine... well better than fine he was super! so he was very pleased :)
Fingers crossed for your hubby too xx

Both eggs ov'd fine, lining was great and the cm was great too:haha:
I'd love twins:kiss:

BUT... DH's :spermy: was pretty disappointing, well the exact words the doctor used was 'very disappointing':blush:

Count, motility and morphology was v low. He did it anyway, but we are looking forward to the next IUI:cry:

The injections I took were FSH (follistim) 75iu self injections on CD6, 8, 10, 12, and trigger HCG injection 5000iu. IUI was a breeze, completely painless:thumbup:

Oh DH's spermies! Do your job!!!:hissy:

Awe I'm sorry to hear about DH's :spermy: results. But who knows, maybe there is one super :spermy: in the bunch that makes it [-o< When do you think you will test? Do you plan to hold out until 14dpo if you can or start at 11dpo?

I am taking Follistim 75 units also, but mine are going to be for at least three days back to back (CD7-9) and I go in the morning of CD10 to see how I responded. Depending on the results, I may or may not take more. My trigger shot is Ovidrel 250mcg/0.5ml.

I can't wait to see how our cycles turn out this time around :hugs:

Awe I'm sorry to hear about DH's :spermy: results. But who knows, maybe there is one super :spermy: in the bunch that makes it [-o< When do you think you will test? Do you plan to hold out until 14dpo if you can or start at 11dpo?
Probably from around 10dpo, I can't test before as I would still have hcg left from the shot on 14th Oct...
My husband takes his :spermy: in tomorrow for his SA
I am so nervous
My DH was nervous too, but was a lot more nervous for the IUI.
Tell him it's only for a test, it's not for IVF:winkwink:

Hi ladies, ive just been for my scan and dr says my ovaries look fine...im def not preg!
Day 50 odd and no AF!! I spoke to my doctor about injectables and he said he will put me on 150mg every other day until my 9 days scan...anybody know much about these...?
I really dont think Clomid is working for us.
My dr was a bit rushed and so i couldnt ask all i wanted...is IUI followed after these injections is theres an egg..also any idea how much the IUI would cost here in the UK?

Day 50 odd and no AF!! I spoke to my doctor about injectables and he said he will put me on 150mg every other day until my 9 days scan...anybody know much about these...?
150mg of Clomid?

I took 75iu of follistim(puregon) injections on CD6, 8, 10 & 12 (along with Clomid CD2-6). The doctor told me it is the equivalent of 150mg Clomid.
My dr was a bit rushed and so i couldnt ask all i wanted...is IUI followed after these injections is theres an egg..also any idea how much the IUI would cost here in the UK?
In my case, after the injections, I had a scan on CD12, then HSG injection on CD15 and IUI on CD17.
It'll depend on how big your follicles are. Mine were slow growing:blush:

I don't know how much IUI cost in the UK, but here in Singapore, including Clomid/injections, it was something like £600-700.

150mg of Clomid?

I took 75iu of follistim(puregon) injections on CD6, 8, 10 & 12 (along with Clomid CD2-6). The doctor told me it is the equivalent of 150mg Clomid.
In my case, after the injections, I had a scan on CD12, then HSG injection on CD15 and IUI on CD17.
It'll depend on how big your follicles are. Mine were slow growing:blush:

I don't know how much IUI cost in the UK, but here in Singapore, including Clomid/injections, it was something like £600-700.

WOW you in Singapore, lucky!!!
He said the dose for the injections would be 150, he didnt mention anything about taking them with clomid...hmm
How is it working for you hun?

i have to say i love my gyn. (weird i know) but hes great he got me in this morning to do the shots for my pain and also gave me 60 provera pills and 3 refills so i just take them when needed...thats 6 months worth when usually they only give you enough for 1 month. my apt for the shots wasnt untill nov 3rd but got in today. he just said to email him and he will get me in for a visit and not to make an appointment which is just fine with me!!! he also still agrees with me about the 2 kids then histd. i said well were working on it but nothing is happening and he said "it will happen soon for you" so im pretty happy about that...

WOW you in Singapore, lucky!!!
He said the dose for the injections would be 150, he didnt mention anything about taking them with clomid...hmm
How is it working for you hun?
The injection worked great, just hope DH's :spermy: is doing its job.
His :spermy: has really low count/morphology/motility:blush:

As for the reason I'm in Singapore, is that my DH got transferred here in January, so I have to travel back and forth for ttc (I still work in the UK):blush:

SMA- that is great news. What were the shots for? Did I miss you talking about them?

Quaver- I was just looking at your chart and it looks like you actually ovulated on CD16. That would put you at 4dpo instead of 3dpo :happydance: The day of ovulation is usually the day before the temp spike. So you had your IUI the morning after ovulation, which means the egg should have been there waiting for those :spermy:. That would mean that the :spermy: would just have to swim to it instead of making the swim and having to wait...and possibly dying before the egg is there. See that makes me even more confident in this cycle for you :hugs: I know DH has issues with count/motility/morphology so the egg already being there is great! I can't wait to see how this turns out for you :flower:

I started my injections today. I absolutely hate needles and even the itty-bitty needle that I had to use got to me :cry: I got so worked up I had a panic attack before I could give it to myself and then I almost passed out afterwards :haha: DH had to grab the pen before I fell back on the couch :blush: But other than my own personal issues, it went well. I think tomorrow's will go much smoother. I didn't feel the needle at all and I made sure to bring the medication to room temp before I did it so that I didn't have any pain as it went in. I just hate that I get so worked up over a needle. I can look after it is in my skin, but to actually put the needle in is what gets me. And I can't give myself the shot if I'm not looking where I put it now can I :dohh: Ah well :shrug: I just have to suck it up and keep going.

there like a muscle relaxer or something that goes right into my stomache for my pain i have all the time. my gyn wanted to try that to see if it helps but im not to sure if it helps all that much.

Cami- I had an HSG a few years ago and OW! I would imagine that they would've seen a LO if there was one in there. The HSG can screw your cycle up a bit, it did mine.

So, here's some hope for y'all that don't know me...I have PCOS, got diagnosed when I was 16 and told that I'd never have kids. Get married and we start trying, 2 years later I get a new OB and they do a gammet of tests of course; HSG, made me have my gall bladder out, fertility testing, etc...they end up putting me on Clomid and provera. First month I ovulated so yay! No baby, but that's common on the first month. The second month they tell me that I did NOT ovulate. I decide with DH that we're going to wait a bit longer before upping the dose of clomid cause the side effects for me were AWFUL and we had just joined a fire department and were starting to get really active and I was starting training. Yea...two weeks later I found out I was PG with Charlotte. We had just had our last home visit from an adoption service that we were looking into. For the ssecond pregnancy we were using protection and I still managed to get pregnant with Austin when Char was 14 weeks old, lol. I had a c-section with him and a tubal ligation and STILL got pregnant again when Austin was 8 weeks old, sadly that one ended in miscarriage, but still happened. There IS always hope!!!

Thank you for this - theres hope for us all :happydance: x

wow, such an amazing story!!! thank you for giving hope to the people out here who need it the most...
but.... i didn't know it's still possible to conceive with tubal ligation- fallopian tube is cut off with this procedure right??

Thank you for this - theres hope for us all :happydance: x

wow, such an amazing story!!! thank you for giving hope to the people out here who need it the most...
but.... i didn't know it's still possible to conceive with tubal ligation- fallopian tube is cut off with this procedure right??[/QUOTE]

I think they cut the tube in the middle and tie each end off by various ways. You can conceive if you have a tubal reversal.

PitBullMommy, thank you for your story:flower:

Courtney, my chart does look like I ov'd on CD16, oh well, it's only a day difference, I'll leave my ov date as it is, will stop me from testing early:blush:

Hey, hope you are all ok?

Ive just got my blood test results and they have confirmed that I am not IR....as suspected, at least its ruled that out!! Just need to find out now what my problem is as to why I do not ov at all!!

well im glad ure not IR and thats ruled out now it should be easier to figure out what it is hopefully. maybe its just your levels r off a tiny bit and it could b an easy fix

Thanks, yeah I hope it is fixed with the drilling!! Cannot wait for that appointment letter to come through the door!

Have you started on the clomid yet?

do any of u ladies have the link for the who sa website, im worried hubbies is to low x

i hope that fixes it for you too hun...ehhh i dont like the name of that though it sounds horrible! i will be on my 7th night of provera tonight then my clomid should b here by the 30th of this month so it should be about perfect timming to take them when af comes....

my gyn prescribed me 60 provera pills so its 6 months worth, im so happy that way if i have this same problem i dont have to go through all the trouble of getting a refill. now im going to end up having all these pills left because with my luck i will get preg the first round of clomid and not need any of these pills

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->