PCOS Club!

Well, CD1 for me girls!!! And first follicle tracking test booked for Monday, nov 1st (CD11).

I have a really good feeling about this cycle!! And also my mu
Said a few weeks ago (when we were having a heart to heart) she thinks I'll be pg in November!!!

Starting Clomid 100mg tomorrow

Well, CD1 for me girls!!! And first follicle tracking test booked for Monday, nov 1st (CD11).

Starting Clomid 100mg tomorrow
Good luck!:happydance:
Hi, have just found this thread. I have had PCOS for 14 years now and my 'treatment' up to now has just been the contraceptive pill. Have been ttc since August. Had my 21 day progesterone test last week and am awaiting results. Due to start taking metformin next week for weight gain etc but am dreading it! Any tips for managing the side effects?
Haven't had metformin yet, but welcome to the thread:hi:
hi all, have any of you without regular cycles tried natural progesterone cream to bring on ov?
No I haven't, does it work?

Ok ladies, thought I might give an update on my situation.

I had my HSG on Thursday...it hurt REALLY bad :cry: But I am all clear :happydance: The woman told me that everything looked perfect. So I have one less thing to worry about.

I also had an ultrasound to check on my follicles. I have about 5 to 6 follies on each ovary that are 9 to 10 mm. I am really hoping that a lot of them will reabsorb so that I can continue with this cycle. I was told that if I have 3 or more mature follies, I would not be able to continue the cycle :cry: So they had me decrease my injections to 50 units for the next 4 days. I will be going back in on Monday for my CD14 ultrasound.

I was unable to have my E2 checked due to issues drawing my blood. I was poked 5 times and not once could they get blood :dohh: So they are going to try again on Monday.

Maria- Yes I give myself the shots. It isn't too bad. The needles are really tiny and you barely feel anything. I just hate having to see myself put the needle in :blush:

Keepsmiling- What were your husbands SA results?

Well I will be gone for a few days ladies. My baby sister is getting married tomorrow, so I will be out of town until Monday afternoon. I will make sure to give you an update when I get back.

he hasnt had them done gfor agess, prob bout 6 months or so'
all was ok but the motilty was 40% which fs said was fine but docs sed it was too low
but we did the sample at home and had to bus in to get the sample in, and we got it in just within the hour and i put it in my pocket lol
also hubby has relly cut bak on the beer now and he takes zinc and vit c most days xx

Forestfairy - Ive been on the pill for 10 years and of course all the PCOS side effects were gone! But it's not really a treatment.....rather masking of symptoms :nope:

Ive been on Metformin since June and although I haven't really seen any benefits, there may be some hidden ones :shrug: The most important thing with Metformin is to get Extended Release one (XR). And build up your dose gradually. I only had a few runs as side effects :dohh:
Regular Metformin is nasty!!

Courtney - I hope you enjoy the wedding! :thumbup:

Forestfairy - Ive been on the pill for 10 years and of course all the PCOS side effects were gone! But it's not really a treatment.....rather masking of symptoms :nope:

Ive been on Metformin since June and although I haven't really seen any benefits, there may be some hidden ones :shrug: The most important thing with Metformin is to get Extended Release one (XR). And build up your dose gradually. I only had a few runs as side effects :dohh:
Regular Metformin is nasty!!

Courtney - I hope you enjoy the wedding! :thumbup:

hey u will have to let me know how the clomid and metformin go togather....im still at 1 metformin a day because i cant stand it i know i need to bump it up but i just cant(thats probly y its not helping me loose weight or O now) i know i need the xR but i still have alot of the orig. stuff. hopefully my clomid comes in soon and i get good results with that too........

good luck i wish u the best....looks like we might b pretty close in cycles again

SMA - can you not ask your Dr for a new prescription for Met XR? Or will you have to pay again? Ive heard so many stories when girls switched to XR and could go straight to 2 a day and then 3 a day! I really hope you get adjusted to the pills soon!

I personally think it's Metformin that helped Clomid first cycle and I ovulated straight away! I know it didn't work the 2nd cycle but there were reasons for that (I convinced myself it wouldn't work + 5 flights and an 8 hour time difference within a 2 week period).

This cycle Im increasing the dose to 100mg of Clomid and this time Ive convinced myself that it will work!

So I agree with the opinion that Met helps Clomid. When are you due to start C?

yah i have to pay for another prescription and i dont think my insurance covers the other one. i should be getting my clomid at the end of this month or beginnig of next month so depending on when AF decides to come (just finished provera 2 days ago) and when it gets here is when i will take it. if its to late then next month is when i will be taking it

Ok, so I had my scan today. I had one follicle that was 19mm and one that was 15mm and then 3 more at 11 to 11.5mm. The nurse told me that I technically have 2 mature follies since anything over 14mm can be fertilized and result in a healthy pregnancy. So I triggered this morning and we were told to :sex: tomorrow and Wednesday. So by Wednesday, I should be in the 2ww :happydance:

https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/445863-clomid-slimmer.html#post7445895 started a clomid weight loss group x

Courtney, that's fab news! I'm glad those horrible injections were worth it! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you for the next couple of days.

I can't wait for my scan next monday!!!

going on cd 3 for me 2morrow and im still cramping like crazy from this stupid provera!!!!!!! i hoooooooope my pills get her either 2morrow or atleast by the 28th so i can do days 5-9 and get a good O ,since i didnt take or wont take soy this time i know i will probly not start on my own again next month :(

Ok, so I had my scan today. I had one follicle that was 19mm and one that was 15mm and then 3 more at 11 to 11.5mm. The nurse told me that I technically have 2 mature follies since anything over 14mm can be fertilized and result in a healthy pregnancy. So I triggered this morning and we were told to :sex: tomorrow and Wednesday. So by Wednesday, I should be in the 2ww :happydance:
:wohoo:

Im sorry Provera gives you cramps :nope: I seem to have to side effects from it.
I also really hope the pills arrive very soon so you take them this cycle. What dose will you be taking?

Im CD5 and my temp is still very high :cry: Which means shortage of FSH, which is critical for follicle growth. I know that Clomid blocks FSH, hence making my body produce more of it...Im hoping the temp will go down once I stop taking Clomid tomorrow.

Im CD5 and my temp is still very high :cry: Which means shortage of FSH, which is critical for follicle growth.
I didn't know that, thanks:hugs:

Yep, unfortunately :cry: But they say that BBT is not reliable at the very beginning of the Clomid cycle - because Clomis messes with your own hormones so much! So Im just hoping mine will go down by the end of the week.

Keepsmiling - loving your new avatar!!

Im sorry Provera gives you cramps :nope: I seem to have to side effects from it.
I also really hope the pills arrive very soon so you take them this cycle. What dose will you be taking?

Im CD5 and my temp is still very high :cry: Which means shortage of FSH, which is critical for follicle growth. I know that Clomid blocks FSH, hence making my body produce more of it...Im hoping the temp will go down once I stop taking Clomid tomorrow.

Clomid is known to increase your temps while on it. So I think you should be just fine :hugs:

Hi Ladies

I hope you dont mind if I join you?

Im Sarah 30 been ttc since 2007 and have 'suspected' PCOS, NHS would not confirm this due to my weight (need a BMI of 35 mine is 37) so I have just gone private and have a scan tomorrow afternoon.

Has anyone else had their ovaries scanned and if so what is it like? Assume its an external scan as ive been told to have a full bladder. Any 'bigger' ladies had a scan? A bit worried about my stomach being in the way:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->