PCOS Club!

Maria- symptoms for what? Since I just had the trigger 3 days ago, I am assuming you mean ovulation symptoms. If so, then yes I did. I had a lot of painful twinges in my pelvic area; mostly on the right side, but a few on the left. Yesterday I had a lot of pelvic discomfort during :sex: so I assume my ovaries are super sensitive. My breasts became sensitive on Tuesday due to the trigger shot, so that may confuse things a bit for symptoms later. I had watery CM, but I have never really gotten eggwhite before and we used Pre-seed, so I am not worried. That is about it. So now I just have to wait until Nov. 10th to test.

Hello honeywright

I'm not really sure ? I wish I asked how many now !
I saw the fs nurse today and it was the first time since my gp told me I have them that anyone has explained my results in detail, she said there were only a few so now I'm thinking how comes I'm not pregnant yet, as she said dh's sperm is slightly above the norm percentage wise and my bloods showed I've ovulated ?
Hsg is next, I have to call in on cd 1 which is in 9 days to see if I can get booked in for hsg although she has warned it may be a long wait so if so hubby said we can go private so feeling a bit better.

Courtney - that's a good point actually
do you know what tests they can do to test for that ?
I know my friend had that when she was trying.
No i don't temp as I found it too stressul, plus I work early layes and nights sometimes getting up at 4am to start at 5 then othertimes working 8pm to 8am so I couldn't get myself in to a pattern,

how is everyone today ?

XX

hiyaa justgot a quick question
is any1here on clomid and meformin,, are the chances higher for fallin preg?
xx

xx

im going to be doing that next month because my damn clomid isnt here yet but my RE said that she was going to put me on both to up the chances.so i would think that yes it does make the chances higher.. im already on metformin going to start uping the dosage again today to help out with O. i have also heard of ppl going off met whenthey find out there prego but alot of the time end in misscarage so MOST docs recomend staying on it for the first tri atleast

i went on it for a little while,, but it made me ill,, and cos im not ir i dnt think it did much,, and my periods r pretty reg so i dnt think it wud make much diff,, and i dnt have the syndrome anyway ?x

y would you take it then if you didnt need it? where ure docs thinking it would do something for u eventhough u dont need it? if u dont NEED it i wouldnt take it either it really sucks i dont even want to take it but i have to........i think met and clomid togather only increase the chances for ppl who have a hard time O-ING because of IR so it balances out some levels then the clomid helps the eggs get stronger/bigger to release(i think)

cos he sed it can help with weight loss too and i didnt want to take diet pills x

ooooooooooo yah it helps with weight loss cuz your always in the bathroom but i would think if you dont have a problem with IR that would b the only reason it helps cuz you usually have some many visits to the restroom.....ugh i hate metformin

hey sma, sorry to hear that your clomid hasnt turned up yet...that sucks big time!!

Metformin would only help with weightloss if you are IR, it helps stablise your blood sugar and stops your body storing it as fat. Ive heard people describe met as helping to level the playing field, its hard to loose weight if you are IR and this makes it a little easier and you should lose weight at the same rate as a non IR person.

hey sma, sorry to hear that your clomid hasnt turned up yet...that sucks big time!!
yes it does but the good news is walmrt actually had the soy so i will just do 200 mg of that cd 5-9 then clomid next month if needed

Metformin would only help with weightloss if you are IR, it helps stablise your blood sugar and stops your body storing it as fat. Ive heard people describe met as helping to level the playing field, its hard to loose weight if you are IR and this makes it a little easier and you should lose weight at the same rate as a non IR person.

yup i thought the same and yes its soooo hard to loose weight with IR but it sure isnt hard to put weight on

whoop whoop, got my appointment through for the drilling/dye. Its gonna be 6 weeks on Tues...feels like a long way away but hey at least its confirmed!!!

xx

My FS thinks so. I am on 1500mg of metformin and took 100mg of clomid cd 5-9. Waiting to O now. I do have PCOS and IR but I am not overweight (BMI is 18), normal periods and pretty sure I O every month. Met has made me real sick. A lot of throwing up. I have lost 7pds in the past month.

i can handle 1000 mg of met but not 1500 mg it makes me nautious (sp?) and sick all day...ive only took 1500 mg for 1 day and couldnt go back to making myself feel like crap all day im trying to get there though. it would be nice to be down a few pounds before x-mas!!!!!! i think thats goingto be my goal!

Hi girls

When did you get put on metformin ?
I'm awaiting my hsg so I'm guessing it will be after the results ?

X

i got mine about 4 months ago( and still only on 1 pill a day) but that was after the lap and dye and nothing was found to stop my cycles to come so they thought something was wrong and tested me for IR and thats what it was

Oh I see so I prob have a bit of a wait then...

How do they test for ir ? Is there any symptoms ?

X

Great news firefox :)

Ebony I first got put on Metformin after a blood test showed IR and now I have it again from my new cons as I had been on it before.

I dont think it hurts to ask for it, i had to both times and they were more than happy to give it to me.

Thanks

I'm not sure how i go about it as my hsg is next but my follow up isn't for 12 weeks so I guess I should ask then, I'm just so impatient !
12 weeks seems ages awax

the only reason that was noticed to do any test was after she had noticed i had high chelostrol in 05 so wanted that tested again along with the insuline test...she had asked me about my cycles and family history and i guess by the anwsers she just knew what it was even before the test......skin tags, no periods or missing cycles,rapid weight gain, hard to loose weight, all of this i had and from what she says that points to IR along with pcos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->