Pelvic Pain

fi_broon

Reaction score
Hi All,

About 2 weeks ago, the results of my pap test (smear test) showed that I have bacterial vaginosis. The doc said it didn't need treated unless I was showing symptoms.

Well, a couple of days ago I started getting a watery, yellow/grey/green discharge with unpleasant odour. Yesterday I started getting pelvic pain on the right, now I have pain on the left also.

I called my doctor and they can't see me until next Thursday. What would you do? Does this warrant a visit to the ER?

Thanks

Fiona

Fiona,

To me it sounds like your symptoms kicked in. I think it's a little odd he didn't want to go ahead and give you medicine to get rid of it. If the pain gets unbarreable then I would go to the ER if it can be tolerated I would just wait it out and see your regular doc for a check up.

Hope this helps!! Good luck with getting it all taken care of.

Is the pain really really bad? If left untreated what could happen? If the pain is bad and it needs to be treated asap you could go to ER. Alternatively could you speak with your pharmacist; there might be something they know of you could take while you wait for your appointment, as waiting til Thurs is a long time. xxx

If not the ER, at least go to a walk-in clinic. Those don't sound like symptoms you should be waiting until Thursday to take care of. I'm sending you happy thoughts of wellness.

First of all, this doctor sounds crazy! It's not a virus, so he should just give you the antibiotics!

However, while discharge is a symptom, this infection is rarely dangerous. So, he may have just wanted your body to get rid of it naturally.

What I'm concerned about is the pelvic pain. That sounds like pelvic inflammatory disease. While Gonorrhea or the "clap" typically lead to PID, in some cases, BV can as well (although it is generalized to be associated mainly with the other two, it is the bacteria that cause PID.) With BV, typically, you would expect to see grayish discharge (even though, with any other mucus membrane, most bacteria are marked with green and yellow discharge, such as bronchitis.)

PID has other symptoms as well, such as fever, chills, pain during sex, painful urination, yellow/green discharge, and sometimes low back pain.

PID can be serious and lead to infertility, if left untreated. This is why Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are considered to leave you infertile if you contract them without treatment. It leads to scarring of the fallopian tubes.

It can be cured with antibiotics, as can BV. So, I would go to the ER and get some antibiotics. Even if it has not progressed to that point, your reproductive system is nothing to mess around with!

:hugs: I hope you feel better!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"