People who actually had swine flu?

MissRhead

Reaction score
Can you tell me what you felt like? Ive been reading on the NHS website but id like to know 1st hand? Ive been feeling preaty unwell since dinner time and its come on all of a sudden have quite a high tempreture, stupidly running nose (i mean like a tap!) and a horrid soar throught, and preaty achy. Im quite worried as i have a few family members who are quite ill and i cannot risk passing it on to them if it is that, i will ring the NHS swine flu thingy but i dont want to ring for them to just tell me i have a cold :blush: Thankyou xxx

If you have a high temp i would call up. my cousin works at the hospital and contracted it and thats what he got told was a symptom almost all patients with swine flu had. so if your temps high, yeah it mght just be flu or a bad cold but i'd call to be on the safe side...

seconding what poppy said... regardless of if it's H1N1 - high temp during pregnancy is something worth calling in about

:hugs: hope it's just a passing illness and you're feeling better soon!

I was very achey, like cant get out of bed as no energy. I had a chesty cough but no cold. My throat was really sore aswell and I had a bit of a temperature.

From what I understand the nhs will usually prescribe relenza just in case, I never saw a doctor and I used the online service. Got a confirmation number and sent hubby to chemist.

I was very achey, like cant get out of bed as no energy. I had a chesty cough but no cold. My throat was really sore aswell and I had a bit of a temperature.

From what I understand the nhs will usually prescribe relenza just in case, I never saw a doctor and I used the online service. Got a confirmation number and sent hubby to chemist.

Thanks for replying :hugs: Ive been prescibed anti viral so hopefully should feel better soon. Thanks for replying everyone xxx

Hope you feel better soon! I know two people who had it last week (neither of them are pregnant mind you!) and they seem to have both suffered very mildly - neither of them needed anti virals and both were out of action for a couple of days then felt fine. I know some people are more sick with it but most people I have heard of have not suffered too badly for too long.

I think ill get the anti virals but ill only take them if needed, im reluctant to even take paracetamol lol. Im feeling much worse today tho, but shall see how things go, thankyou xxx

Hi sweety - I felt completely rubbish for about three days - only one really bad though and it's was no worse than when I had the flu a few years back - less horrid I think, before the symptoms let up and I started to feel better. I took paracetamol to keep the fever down (the dangerous bit for baby) and felt fine in a few days. Keep your temp down you'll be fine - paracetamol are completely safe for baby. Ibuprofen should not be taken.

Feel better soon honey. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->