Pets!

I've always wanted one, but DH hates them, lol. I figure a 13yo dog will have a problem getting a home, so I feel obligated now that I saw the poor thing.

I've always wanted one, but DH hates them, lol. I figure a 13yo dog will have a problem getting a home, so I feel obligated now that I saw the poor thing.

I just wanted to add that older dogs DEFINITELY have a harder time being placed...but you'll never regret taking a chance on one. My little fawn pug (in the picture), was 9 when I adopted her. She is now almost 16, and I literally can't imagine my life without her.

They really can adapt quite well to a new household at any age...and will forever thank you... :hugs:

I just wanted to add that older dogs DEFINITELY have a harder time being placed...but you'll never regret taking a chance on one. My little fawn pug (in the picture), was 9 when I adopted her. She is now almost 16, and I literally can't imagine my life without her.

They really can adapt quite well to a new household at any age...and will forever thank you... :hugs:

My last dog, Tutti, RIP, was 6-7 when I got her. She had been returned to the pound three times bc they said she was vicious. Turns out she had Cushing's disease and no one wanted to pay for her medical expenses. She lived to be 15 and had to be put down last fall. :cry:

My last dog, Tutti, RIP, was 6-7 when I got her. She had been returned to the pound three times bc they said she was vicious. Turns out she had Cushing's disease and no one wanted to pay for her medical expenses. She lived to be 15 and had to be put down last fall. :cry:

:cry: :hugs:

I think part of my issue with Porkchop is that I miss Tutti (RIP) terribly! That dog was literally my BFF and I couldn't have asked for a better puppy. When I got her at the pound I was told she was fixed bc she had a big scar on her tummy. Turns out whomever had her, bred the hell out of her, and it was a c-section scar. She ended up getting uterine cancer and had to have an emergency hysterectomy and chemo when she was 11. IDK why someone did that to her, she was not a pure breed; the best the vet could surmise was that she was a basset/cocker mix. :cry:

I think part of my issue with Porkchop is that I miss Tutti (RIP) terribly! That dog was literally my BFF and I couldn't have asked for a better puppy. When I got her at the pound I was told she was fixed bc she had a big scar on her tummy. Turns out whomever had her, bred the hell out of her, and it was a c-section scar. She ended up getting uterine cancer and had to have an emergency hysterectomy and chemo when she was 11. IDK why someone did that to her, she was not a pure breed; the best the vet could surmise was that she was a basset/cocker mix. :cry:

Awww man :( :hugs::hugs:

Ok, I'm gonna say it..........you may hate me afterwards tho :(

You have to be tougher with Porkchop *hides*

Eva, come out of hiding! You are right; very much so!

Eva, come out of hiding! You are right; very much so!

Roxy, at the beginning was a total little bi**h. The wasn't listening to anything we would say & she peed & crapped everywhere!

It took persistence, but we had to crate her, and let her out only to eat outside & to "try" go potty (I'd watch). When she would come inside, she would go straight to her crate. We'd let her out again - straight outside, try to go potty, then go back to her crate.

But I don't know with Porkchop. If he was potty trained before you got the barnster, then I don't know if crating him would work? :shrug:

Either way, I love Porkchop, even tho he isn't even my dog :haha:

Porky gets crated when we are gone, at night, or when we are eating. Barney too. He knows how to potty outside, he just refuses.

The only time he pees outside is when he gets let out first thing in the morning and only if he gets to go out first. If we take Barney instead, he refuses to go.

Porky gets crated when we are gone, at night, or when we are eating. Barney too. He knows how to potty outside, he just refuses.

The only time he pees outside is when he gets let out first thing in the morning and only if he gets to go out first. If we take Barney instead, he refuses to go.

He's a stubborn little bugger! :dohh:

He's ruining my house, lol. I am going tohave to replace everything before we can sell it.

But, I love him and it is what it is...but, DH is ready to let him play in traffic. I told him if there was ever an accident, then I would never believe it wasn't intentional.

He's ruining my house, lol. I am going tohave to replace everything before we can sell it.

But, I love him and it is what it is...but, DH is ready to let him play in traffic. I told him if there was ever an accident, then I would never believe it wasn't intentional.

I would have to pay DH a visit :trouble:

Eva = Porky Protection :haha:

I really think Porky would calm down if he had another little dog to play with, but DH thinks I am insane, lol.

Send Porky to Eva....She'll get him trained in no time...

I have a new trainer that is going to work with the family. Porky hates, literally, my DD and snaps at her whenever she gets close to him. She's not harmed him in anyway, he sees her as competition. He could never be anywhere near a LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->