PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

If it were a Molar pregnancy it would be really high numbers correct?

Congrats Crysshae!!! :D

Good luck with your scan Pamela!

I hope you're next ricschick!!

I'm not sure about molar pregnancy and typical numbers, but I do think they can be higher. Molar pregnancies usually have a bunch of other symptoms along with them though, so hopefully that is a very low risk for you.

Can't wait for your scan results!!

Well I was correct on my Ovulation date and baby is measuring 6 weeks and 2 days not 7 weeks and 3 days. Baby's heartbeat was 119 and we have 1 little one:)

I was so glad I knew when I o'd or they would have said something was wrong. Everything looked good, I thought for sure with my high numbers we would have seen 2.

I am not used to the hussel and bussel of things now that school is on. Also too I have been busy with social stuff which I never seem to be normally, but is nice. Went out of town to help a childhood friend of my with her nursing problems. Sounds like she has Reynauds, so she will be asking her Dr for the meds, I sure hope it helps her. At least she is more confident with the latching now. Then tonight I am off to a meeting, so when I get home I am going to pass right out!! :sleep:

we are about to get really busy too. our scan is Wednesday. Friday we have all 6 kids yearly check ups scheduled with the family dr. next Thursday is my regular ob check up. and next Friday is the girls eye dr appt.

we have yet to schedule dental cleanings. seems like a lot just catching up on these first. :whacko: that's next on the list though

I'm absolutely undone today. DH scheduled the cat to be spayed, but I couldnt find a pet carrier this morning. I called him as I was ushering the kids out the door to see if he knew where one was, but I kind of snapped at him and said I was really angry that we have 5 or 6 carriers and the only one I could see at all was on our high garage shelf that I can't get to right now. Ended up being a few minutes late getting my oldest to school, and she forgot her backpack.

Work was no fun at all - I'm working in support of a very big demo scheduled for tomorrow, and the sales person involved wasn't really able to get all the requirements dialed until... today. Lovely. Then we had technical difficulties. Ended up staying late to work through the issues with the team while we had two different people on conference calls in different time zones. As normal, when I got into the office, DH and I IMd, and he asked why I yelled at him. I gave an explanation, and he said he didn't hear an apology. I then got dragged away with people in my office the rest of the day.

Normally I leave the office by 5:30 at the latest and get home around 6, but at 5 til 6 I realized what time it was and texted DH to let him know what was going on. He responded that it didnt matter because they were at the movies. I was like, wait, what? The movies? Huh? Then he took them to IHOP for dinner afterwards. I was like, ok, that is lovely, but... were there plans I spaced out on? What the heck is going on?

Things FINALLY were fixed by 8pm, and I got home by 8:30. Girls were in bed, but still awake so I chatted with them about their day and gave hugs and kisses and tuck ins. Grabbed a yogurt (didn't eat a real dinner - nibbled mini-pumpkin cupcakes a coworkers fiance made, and starburst candy and sipped water...), and headed downstairs where I ran into my toddler coming up to see what the commotion was in the kitchen (I dropped a spoon). I had to put the food away (yogurt gives him the runs), and I snuggled him. Kissed hubby on the head while he watched his tv show. I asked him what occassioned him to take the kids to the movies, and he said 'to keep them away from you'. He then continued by explaining that I have been an awful harpy lately.

All I could say was 'oh'. Watched some more tv together, then he said he was heading to bed. He kissed DS, and said goodnight to me, and I said I was sorry for yelling at him this morning.

I just kind of sat and cried while DS fell asleep on me.

I wish I could complain what a meanie DH is, or how unfair he is being, but... he's right. I'm absolutely awful. I cannot keep my temper. Its like my worst fears of becoming my mother are happening right now, and I don't know how to stop it. I snap at my husband, I yell at my kids. I've caught myself cursing like a sailor. I feel so unfit as a mother right now. If I thought quitting my job would make things better by eliminating that stress I would in a hearbeat. But I'm so afraid that it would only get worse (my mom was sahm). What if the reason my kids are decently behaved (most of the time) and well mannered (some of the time) and generally happy is BECAUSE they don't have to spend so much time with me?

I can't stop crying now, and it just makes me angry for feeling sorry for myself when I'm obviously the problem. But what exactly are you supposed to do when its true? When you really ARE an instable mess of a human being who shouldnt even babysit a child for an extended amount of time, let alone raise one? I have tried so hard my entire adult life to change my personality, be someone else - but at the end of the day I'm just stuck with who I am - a smart but crazy, ill-tempered shrew who shouldn't have children.

I know pregnancy hormones make things so much worse, but that's just it. It just makes it harder for me to pretend to NOT be that person - I really am that awful. People don't ever believe me when I say it, but it is TRUE. I am completely deficient in all the qualities that make a good mother (consistency, reliability, patience).

tomorrow I'll have the energy and strength to put a good face on things, again, and do my best to pretend. But how much longer with DH put up with it? At what point will it be a packing up in the car and moving away to protect the kids from me instead of a night out? Maybe that would be a better option for everyone anyway. I can't quite bring myself to believe that would be better, but I really suffered with my mother, and it took me a LONG time to learn how to be a somewhat reasonable adult, or at least to pretend to be. I love my kids, and I wouldn't wish that one them for anything.

And I can never talk about any of this with someone who knows me in person, because then my house of cards would fall over, and the illusion of my life be shattered. Thank you all for just letting me really be me here, and I don't really expect any responses.

stop right there you are not a bad mum!! everybody shouts and snaps at their husbands I no I do! and ofcourse your hormones are all over the place your pregnant. I don't think your dh meant it in a horrible way. my hubby says I do it too we are just human hun so don't beat yourself up. as for becoming your mum from what I have read she wasn't very nice and that's not you! my mum is a shit mother too and im always conscious of not doing things like her! shes an alcoholic so it has taken me a long time to realise if I have a little drink sometimes it doesn't make me a bad mother . your a great mother, just look at your children and that will confirm that.:hugs:

I'm absolutely undone today. DH scheduled the cat to be spayed, but I couldnt find a pet carrier this morning. I called him as I was ushering the kids out the door to see if he knew where one was, but I kind of snapped at him and said I was really angry that we have 5 or 6 carriers and the only one I could see at all was on our high garage shelf that I can't get to right now. Ended up being a few minutes late getting my oldest to school, and she forgot her backpack.

Work was no fun at all - I'm working in support of a very big demo scheduled for tomorrow, and the sales person involved wasn't really able to get all the requirements dialed until... today. Lovely. Then we had technical difficulties. Ended up staying late to work through the issues with the team while we had two different people on conference calls in different time zones. As normal, when I got into the office, DH and I IMd, and he asked why I yelled at him. I gave an explanation, and he said he didn't hear an apology. I then got dragged away with people in my office the rest of the day.

Normally I leave the office by 5:30 at the latest and get home around 6, but at 5 til 6 I realized what time it was and texted DH to let him know what was going on. He responded that it didnt matter because they were at the movies. I was like, wait, what? The movies? Huh? Then he took them to IHOP for dinner afterwards. I was like, ok, that is lovely, but... were there plans I spaced out on? What the heck is going on?

Things FINALLY were fixed by 8pm, and I got home by 8:30. Girls were in bed, but still awake so I chatted with them about their day and gave hugs and kisses and tuck ins. Grabbed a yogurt (didn't eat a real dinner - nibbled mini-pumpkin cupcakes a coworkers fiance made, and starburst candy and sipped water...), and headed downstairs where I ran into my toddler coming up to see what the commotion was in the kitchen (I dropped a spoon). I had to put the food away (yogurt gives him the runs), and I snuggled him. Kissed hubby on the head while he watched his tv show. I asked him what occassioned him to take the kids to the movies, and he said 'to keep them away from you'. He then continued by explaining that I have been an awful harpy lately.

All I could say was 'oh'. Watched some more tv together, then he said he was heading to bed. He kissed DS, and said goodnight to me, and I said I was sorry for yelling at him this morning.

I just kind of sat and cried while DS fell asleep on me.

I wish I could complain what a meanie DH is, or how unfair he is being, but... he's right. I'm absolutely awful. I cannot keep my temper. Its like my worst fears of becoming my mother are happening right now, and I don't know how to stop it. I snap at my husband, I yell at my kids. I've caught myself cursing like a sailor. I feel so unfit as a mother right now. If I thought quitting my job would make things better by eliminating that stress I would in a hearbeat. But I'm so afraid that it would only get worse (my mom was sahm). What if the reason my kids are decently behaved (most of the time) and well mannered (some of the time) and generally happy is BECAUSE they don't have to spend so much time with me?

I can't stop crying now, and it just makes me angry for feeling sorry for myself when I'm obviously the problem. But what exactly are you supposed to do when its true? When you really ARE an instable mess of a human being who shouldnt even babysit a child for an extended amount of time, let alone raise one? I have tried so hard my entire adult life to change my personality, be someone else - but at the end of the day I'm just stuck with who I am - a smart but crazy, ill-tempered shrew who shouldn't have children.

I know pregnancy hormones make things so much worse, but that's just it. It just makes it harder for me to pretend to NOT be that person - I really am that awful. People don't ever believe me when I say it, but it is TRUE. I am completely deficient in all the qualities that make a good mother (consistency, reliability, patience).

tomorrow I'll have the energy and strength to put a good face on things, again, and do my best to pretend. But how much longer with DH put up with it? At what point will it be a packing up in the car and moving away to protect the kids from me instead of a night out? Maybe that would be a better option for everyone anyway. I can't quite bring myself to believe that would be better, but I really suffered with my mother, and it took me a LONG time to learn how to be a somewhat reasonable adult, or at least to pretend to be. I love my kids, and I wouldn't wish that one them for anything.

And I can never talk about any of this with someone who knows me in person, because then my house of cards would fall over, and the illusion of my life be shattered. Thank you all for just letting me really be me here, and I don't really expect any responses.

Feistymom - I don't know you, but by reading this post I would say you are a fab mum - it is not easy juggling work/ career and family. Your hubby needs to read this post and see how bad he made you feel. :hugs::hugs:

And it seems he was the catalyst for the horrible start to the day, by arranging th cats visit to the vet and not taking it himself or at least making sure you had a cat carrier available lol

Don't be so hard on yourself! It is hard growing a baby and working and raising a family and trying to keep to silly unrealistic men's standards of perfection every day :D xxxx

Feisty Well if you think you are a bad mom then so am I and every other mother I know that loses their patience. I do it all the time and lately I don't have much at all right now for my DH and I really don't like him much at the moment either. I do not agree with how he spends his spare time, it also drives me he will leave all the things that needs to be done until the absolutely last minute and you don't know what I want to say or say to him at times! Oh and don't get me started on my children, cause it would sounds like I hate them all, but really I love them to death and that is why I have little patience for things. I have standards for them and when they don't meat them with in reason I turn to a monster. My friends and myself are all like this, and we all laugh about it when we lose our tempers. You are a great mom!! Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!!

Big hugs Feisty! The fact that you recognize your moods and that you're cranky is what makes you a good mom. Those who don't and think they are superior to others and that they're perfect moms are the ones failing. We all have bad "parenting" days and rough "wife" days as well. . .pregnancy exacerbates these things and we feel out of control.

I hope today is a much better day for you sweets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->