PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Charlhow - I missed this post /or forgot you were Scotland too (and am never sure how things happen elsewhere)

They cannot force you to do anything concerning your baby pregnancy or delivery -they can suggest what they would recommend, but cannot say no to anything you want! Your body, your baby and if you want to try VBAC and know the risks and are willing to accept them then your choice. I would try asking over in the natural birth section, some of the ladies over there will give you links to evidence regarding risks of repeated C-sections as well as risks of VBAC risks so you can go in armed with all the info you need.

xxx

Thanks, yeah i posted over in the natural birth section a few days ago and someone gave me some links, with loads of info, that i plan on taking with me to my next appointment, I think i will also phone the supervisor of midwives and see what advice they give me, this is the same consultant that said i was silly when i said i didn't want the blood test that gives your risk of downs etc... When i told him no to sterilizing me he told me my OH should be sterilized :growlmad: I feel that he is also lying to me about the rupture risk being too high so i will agree to a repeat c/section.
Charl-what are they gonna do hold either one of you down and sterilize? This is 2013 for god sake? This makes me sooo angry for you...there are women in Canada on their 8th or 9th kid that the government supports or has removed from the home & I bet they wouldn't dare tell them to tie off. Is going to a different obgyn an option? Its criminal what he is suggesting.

Here in Canada they don't even sterilize those that have over 12 kids and every single one of them have some sort of alcohol fetal syndrome. It is so sad to watch, a friend of mine fostered one that had it very sever and the poor thing was as rigid as a board. This is totally another subject. Anyways Char I believe that the fear of rupturing is if you had a section in the old direction, which I believe is the vertical incision. 95% of sections are the transverse which have a very low risk of rupturing. So as long as you are sure that you had this type you are completely fine!! Don't let them bully you!!

Tryn4... Yeah i am considering changing hospital and getting a new consultant, but i shouldn't have to, means i will have further to travel, but yeah i agree with you about what he is saying is out of order.

allforthegirl... It is the lower transverse scar i have... I would at least like to try have this baby without a c/section, i have had 2 normal deliveries, so i think i could manage a VBAC... Yeah i know of a couple who are drug addicts, they have had 5 children taken from them, 1 stillbirth and are now expecting again, wonder if this doctor asks them to be sterilized, at least we work hard and look after our children !

with his beliefs already in place im not sure I would want to even bother bringing stats and facts in to show him. he does this for a living and should know better already. doesn't sound like the kind of dr I would want to have. sucks that you will have to drive further. almost like you are being punished for not agreeing with him.

I agree too, but thats why I'm back with my original doc, its further but it's where I'm comfortable.

had a nice round ligament pain in the shower earlier. ouch!

and my first peeze (sneeze and pee). which has happened even when im not pregnant nowadays so I wasn't surprised, but still. DH knew it too. right after I sneezed I ran to the closet to change my undees and he laughed. so sad I cant even hide it anymore.

Charlhow - where are you boked in just now, and where are you going to go instead? Greater Glasgow have a brilliant home birth team who I am sure would support you; if you fancied that route :)

xx

Charlhow - where are you boked in just now, and where are you going to go instead? Greater Glasgow have a brilliant home birth team who I am sure would support you; if you fancied that route :)

xx

Im booked at Royal Alexandra Hospital... I was thinking maybe changing to Southern General... I like the RAH for its visiting hours for dads... Are you having a home birth, don't know if they would support a VBAC after 3 sections tho, think thats asking too much for a home birth.

yep I am planning a home birth - never got it the last time as baby was 14 overdue and they pressurised me into induction. Hoping to have no problems this time; but I am definitely refusing induction as long as baby is okay.

Hope you get on okay at SGH and get to speak to someone more sensitive to your situation xxx

yep I am planning a home birth - never got it the last time as baby was 14 overdue and they pressurised me into induction. Hoping to have no problems this time; but I am definitely refusing induction as long as baby is okay.

Hope you get on okay at SGH and get to speak to someone more sensitive to your situation xxx

Think a home birth would be lovely, but im hopeless dealing with pain... My neighbours would think i was being murdered lol... What hospital are you with ? Hope you get your home birth this time !!

had a nice round ligament pain in the shower earlier. ouch!

and my first peeze (sneeze and pee). which has happened even when im not pregnant nowadays so I wasn't surprised, but still. DH knew it too. right after I sneezed I ran to the closet to change my undees and he laughed. so sad I cant even hide it anymore.

iam now sitting here doing my pelvic floor exercises lol xx if I jump on a trampoline its game over:rofl:

Kegels girls Kegels!!! :rofl: saves the dreaded peezes (which is now saved as a word in my autofill) :rofl:

Yes! Kegels are a life saver...or should I say panty saver... :dohh: And it doesn't take long to see a difference.

What's kegels? Lol

kegels = pelvic floor exercises

Charlhow - I am booked in for home but would have been going to Vale of Leven community midwife unit if i wasn't home birthing, but if baby needed induced or was prem or any other reason why I would need hospital then it would be RAH, as CMU only does low risk. My youngest was RAH born, the elder 3 were all Vale xxx

I think a home birth would be lovely! I could never do it, but I sure like the idea of it :)

If I wasn't high risk I would be having a home birth as well. Oh well, guess it is just not in may cards. :shrug:

wannabubba- I hope you get your home birth!!! I would love one, but I have too many complications. ....that and if I make it in time I would love some pain relief. yes, im a wuss. :)

the kegels don't work for me. I do them and the muscles are fine. my bladder is falling and junked out. im assuming from the childbirths but that's just a guess. I have pressure even when im not pregnant. boo.

I wouldn't be able to have a home birth either as I have group b strep which to be honest is a pain in the arse!!!lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->