piercing baby's ears???

Whit- were you not thinking positively enough? ;)

:rofl:

I suppose not.

My whole pregnancy I should have thought "my body is NOT going to have spasms from the epidural" and maybe it wouldn't have happened!

:winkwink:

Whit- were you not thinking positively enough? ;)
Why the mocking girls?

I dont care either what any one else does but no need to come in with sarcasm about c sections, birth and mockery. :nope:

So sad that diffent choices get met with such negativity. Just because I wouldn't do something personally doesn't mean I get the right to shout "chavvy" (honestly don't know the exact definition but seems very negative) or that it's taking away the rights to the child's temple or it's inserting cruel bars of metal. Really? It's ear piercing. It's not circumcision or surgery. It's not body mutilation. It's a pair of earrings that 95% of women get when older anyway. Some people really need a reality check. It's fine if you don't like it. But get over yourself and be civil to the moms who want it and not degrade their status as a loving mom.

So sad that diffent choices get met with such negativity. Just because I wouldn't do something personally doesn't mean I get the right to shout "chavvy" (honestly don't know the exact definition but seems very negative) or that it's taking away the rights to the child's temple or it's inserting cruel bars of metal. Really? It's ear piercing. It's not circumcision or surgery. It's not body mutilation. It's a pair of earrings that 95% of women get when older anyway. Some people really need a reality check. It's fine if you don't like it. But get over yourself and be civil to the moms who want it and not degrade their status as a loving mom.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.:thumbup:

It's just earrings :shrug:

Its seems that people shout about having respect for babies but clearly have none for other's opinions or parenting choices.

I remember how much it hurt and cannot imagine ever wanting to cuse that amount of pain to a baby who doesn't know why it's happening. I agree with most of the people on page 1 (got to be honest didn't read any further lol) and that when they are old enough to ask for it/want it done and can have it explained that it is putting a hole through yourself and it will bloody hurt - nce they understand this and as many of you said can take care of them themselves, keep them clean, not touch them too much etc but no I think it's barbaric and apologise if my opinion offends anybody...as you say, it's just my opinion :)

Cant people just disagree with not getting their own babies ears pierced without being accused of all sorts?

I have piercings and a tattoo and I am terrified of needles. I HATE the pain but I love how they look on me. I wouldn't want my daughter going through that pain. That's just me :shrug: I am just saying this in relation to the lady who posted previously about how mothers with piercings are the ones who disagree with getting their childs ears pierced.

Whit, your daughter will never be on Jersey Shore without several piercings. You should start her early.

OT - but i read this as "You should tart her early" LOL! I had to read it 3 times to make sure i got it right the second and third time. haha,.. ahh sleep dep, how i loove thee.

Btw no offense to people with multiple piercings, i have them myself and im not a tart. It just sounded funny at the time :haha:

Cant people just disagree with not getting their own babies ears pierced without being accused of all sorts?

Sure. Some expressed their opinion very well against getting babies ears pierced. But others blatantly said "chavvy", "barbaric", cruel, ruining babies' temple. It's not accusing if it was actually stated.

I actually don't like it myself but I don't think the moms who choose it are any of the above.

If I read that wrong sorry. There were a lot of nots in there. If you meant why can't moms pierce their babies ears without being labeled evil, then :thumbup:

Sure. Some expressed their opinion very well against getting babies ears pierced. But others blatantly said "chavvy", "barbaric", cruel, ruining babies' temple. It's not accusing if it was actually stated.

I actually don't like it myself but I don't think the moms who choose it are any of the above.

If I read that wrong sorry. There were a lot of nots in there. If you meant why can't moms pierce their babies ears without being labeled evil, then :thumbup:

Thing is some people DO think it's cruel, which is no different than when people get on the high horse and insult mothers who decide to (example) wean early. Ive seen some threads become really nasty over that- same goes for cc, cio etc.

I think it's a case of giving a reason,and being more specific as to why you disagree or agree.
Rather than "I don't like it." which explains nothing, isn't very helpful to anyone!

On the flip side being told you're on your "high horse" for not agreeing with ear piercing is equally offensive, but is a mere opinion, on a public forum...where opinions were asked for.....

"say what you mean but don't say it mean"

-would go a long way I think. Myself included :). It's a quote from real housewives of NY lol. My guilty pleasure.

Thats the problem with asking opinions you get some you dont like. Thankfully I havnt used them words. I may think them but I dont say them knowing what it will cause. I did state why I wouldnt do it to my children which is my personal reasons not attacks on any one else. For instance would me saying I wouldnt because I respect my sons body offend you?
Or should people who disagree not state their opinion?

Thing is some people DO think it's cruel, which is no different than when people get on the high horse and insult mothers who decide to (example) wean early. Ive seen some threads become really nasty over that- same goes for cc, cio etc.
can of worms lol

Sometimes you need a thick skin, if you dont think its chavy, barbaric and all the rest it wouldnt bother you in the slightest.

people can state their opinion without making other people feel like s**t. plain and simple.

people can state their opinion without making other people feel like s**t. plain and simple.

Fully agree. :thumbup: Nothing wrong with people disagreeing, but I find people use these types of threads as a platform to preach the right/wrong way to do things, when in actual fact there is no right/wrong way.

Has anyone noticed how its always the same people saying
"you cruel, sick, barbaric fucks, I am QueenMom and you are all wrong"
and
"shut up you bitchy bitch! it's their own choice!"
?

I'm on the 'your child, your choice' side, but I do kind of find it funny how it's the same people doing the same arguement over and over and over.

huh.

I am a "your child, your choice" mom too. What you choose to do for your lo is your decision. If I know for a FACT, not OPINION, that whatever you do poses danger to the life of your child, then I feel strongly in my heart as a mother and your fellow human being to add my two cents/voice my concerns. Afterwards, it's still your decision, your child.

Opinions are not facts. And how you choose to word your opinions down someone's throat ? Yeah, you probably wouldn't like it. Respect others ways or keep your high opinions in your mouth.

YAY a piercing thread as always going nice and smoothly!

Moved from Baby Club to News & Debates where you can fight it out instead of us silencing yet again a group of grown women :)

Maybe you should make this and all the other hot button topics stickies Wobbles :haha: Then there will only be a few threads you have to police all the time lol.

No, I would not pierce (or circumcize or tattoo!) either of my children. Any such permanent, not-medically-necessary body alterations shall be entirely up to them - as it's their body. That's my philosophy on the topic. "Your body, your choice, baby!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->